Madison's 6th Annual 88-man Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

holzy11

If you have images (besides tony and frank), link me up

I finally finished up a summary so that there is something to look back at later in time instead of searching through a message board for all this crap. (that's my goal for a lot of things) - In fact, I would love to retrospectively put up info on Madison Tourney 1-5.

http://www.knobbe.org/info/item/22-2010 ... nt-madison

I know AvgTSB put up his version of the bracket but just curious if anyone had the scores.

If you have any photos, link me up and i'll add them at the bottom.

I'll eventually get the videos into the video room, but that will take a while. You can see them straight on my youtube

Here are the other videos I haven't linked up yet, including two readings from the book of LT.

They're definitely worth the watch.

Fj6Mcp1nbFM

vm9qp3RjH90

lAppvZteT5A

2NVS1wJnwIQ

vKiQtrOtUYI

2NVS1wJnwIQ

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The funny thing is there are actually two Matt Knobbes in Lincoln, NE and the other one actually pronounces his name with a short o.

Damn, for the past few years I always assumed it was pronounced "NAW-BEE". So you're saying it's "NO-BEE". Or just "NOBE"? This is a revelation.

some song suggestions (maybe Tupa can run with these...):

He's a "MAJK man" (heart)

"Blame it on the WAYNE (haddix)" (milli vanilli)

"Bark at the MOON" (ozzy)

"Mojo RISON" (doors)

"Carry on my HEYWARD son" (kansas)

8)

Top two candidates....sorry if these have been used before

Weekend at QB Brown's

Burning down the house: Revenge of Rison

Haha... actually I already used the milli vanilli for "Blame it on the Game" (about excuses for losing) and Kansas for "Carrier Caught Wayward Ones". I think everyone got annoyed at me posting them and I got burned out. Hopefully this doesn't inspire me again ;)

Yes I'm way behind in this thread and I'll probably double-post here....

Congrats to mort! He finished near the top at the Cincy tourney both times. He beat me in a close Pitt-Dal matchup in the first one. I didn't know he could tap like that!

As for the reset game... I would've said send it into sudden death as well, but I would have made certain Pitt got the ball, because he had posession when the other guy "accidentally" caused the game to turn off.

I didn't realize the talent level out there was so good. The cool thing about Tecmo though, is that there are a ton of random things that can cause a player to win or lose. The best player doesn't always win (or there'd be the same champ every year) but the winner always deserves it.

He Threw to Jerry? He even had the picture of the T-Shirt posted and managed to get the slogan wrong. Ruins the joke... oh well. Also, there was someone there from Ohio. Loved the article otherwise, though.

I kind of forgot Clay was there and he was pretty good about blending into the background.

While I think that the hacking stuff is very important, this site hasn't focused on just the "basic" stuff for several years now.

It's been fairly common knowledge here for about 6-7 years that sim stats are separate from regular game play.

I hope a lot of you guys are going to be ready by next year when we have everyone arrow tricking and returning kickoffs with Muster!

I noticed no one checked conditions in the championship game and thought that was kind of odd. With the Jets and Saints, most of the RBs are so similar I would have thought that would be automatic. Espeically for mort, who has been involved online for awhile.

I also agree with bruddog's assessment, though it was a good game overall, and I can't really talk because both of these guys would likely wipe the floor with me.

Part I of Fanhouse writer Clay Travis' Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament experience is up: http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/0 ... at-a-time/

Part II is coming tomorrow. Should be good press for Tecmonation.

"I'm going to a video game tournament," I say.

"Just go," she says.

I don't know why, but I couldn't quit laughing after reading that. Good stuff.

"Just go," she says.

This was hilarious. Also the part where he is nervous, reaches back and takes a drink of someone else's water.

"Just go," she says.

This was hilarious. Also the part where he is nervous, reaches back and takes a drink of someone else's water.

My plan was to go in Friday afternoon, play some Tecmo, and drink.

I hope to accomplish, in addition to having fun, to

- sharpen up the skills

- make sure I didn't drink too much on Saturday so my flight on Sunday didn't suck. (BTW, I talked to Rollinger for a good hour as he just happened to be waiting for a flight at the same place as me.)

Well, I did too good of a job so in my first game I was a combo of hungover and nervous though I honestly don't know which attribute was greater for me at the moment.

Adam, I think also of FG reset fame, convinced me that what I needed to do was have a drink.

Given that my next game was coming up in 15 minutes, I opted for a shot of Crown.

5 minutes later I felt right as rain and the difference between not making the tourney or becoming the 14th overall seed was returning a meaningless fumble return TD with 10 seconds left.

Man, if i wasn't working Rod i'd have came by to keep you company.

I wasn't exactly disappointed in my showing, but i was in how i exited. Seriously, the 'ball control' Redskins lost THREE turnovers for me? One on my first play from scrimmage? One interception, three fumbles (though i recovered one). Wow. One. Unbelievable. There a button or something that Adam can hit to cause fumbles or something? Yeesh. Garbage. 8) Sure, i can take it with a grain of salt - i got to the Ro32 on a FG from a turnover (Tecmo shit on Ryan as well, fumbling at his 6 for me in the Ro64 game). But i don't think that deserved that kind of return in spades. It didn't matter, it was still great fun.

So this may just be a stupid suggestion . . . Did anyone keep track of the stats? Besides the players, as in how many times teams were used and how they fared. I think it'd be interesting to see. O'Dell was saying something about how he heard the Lions were undefeated on the day. Like to find out how true that was.

There was a bracket for the single elimination...not sure how well the records were kept for the preliminaries.

Man, if i wasn't working Rod i'd have came by to keep you company.

I wasn't exactly disappointed in my showing, but i was in how i exited. Seriously, the 'ball control' Redskins lost THREE turnovers for me? One on my first play from scrimmage? One interception, three fumbles (though i recovered one). Wow. One. Unbelievable. There a button or something that Adam can hit to cause fumbles or something? Yeesh. Garbage. 8) Sure, i can take it with a grain of salt - i got to the Ro32 on a FG from a turnover (Tecmo shit on Ryan as well, fumbling at his 6 for me in the Ro64 game). But i don't think that deserved that kind of return in spades. It didn't matter, it was still great fun.

So this may just be a stupid suggestion . . . Did anyone keep track of the stats? Besides the players, as in how many times teams were used and how they fared. I think it'd be interesting to see. O'Dell was saying something about how he heard the Lions were undefeated on the day. Like to find out how true that was.

lions did not go undefeated. I beat them 31-3 in sweet 16, with KC. held barry under 10 yds rushing rushing. okoye had 200 for me.

Did anyone keep track of the stats? Besides the players, as in how many times teams were used and how they fared. I think it'd be interesting to see. O'Dell was saying something about how he heard the Lions were undefeated on the day. Like to find out how true that was.

• 2 months later...

4Fu7mOLKAtI

My bro finally had some extra time on his hands. Here's his March 6 2010 Madison WI tournament recap video.

Thanks to everyone involved.

*Please let the Madison crew know this video is up.