Tecmo Super Bowl NES Juice Mode - MUCH HELP NEEDED

deshaun182

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Played as the Colts vs NE and vs the Raiders, only controlling Colts secondary (no blitzing). Here's what I liked (my goal being a rom that is difficult to win when your team is overmatched with the computer, while still keeping it as close to the orig rom as possible)...

NE still seems like NE, which is nice because while the juice hack makes every team better they still retain their "feel".

Raiders were more difficult, especially considering if Jackson/Allen/Brown/Gault got by the Colts secondary they were not going to be caught.

On offense against the Raiders, it was rare to rush more than 10 yards on a carry with Bentley. It was significantly easier against the Pats (maybe too easy).

Unfortunately passing is still too easy since I could just bomb it deep to the open receiver for an easy score. I'm betting the coverage hack combined with the juice hack would be a better MAN vs COM rom. I've read elsewhere about the "ultra logic" hack so I'll try to see what goes into that. Maybe along the way I can figure out how to hack :D

Okay, I added in the Coverage Hack to the rom Tecmoturd provided. It is attached below.

I played through the first 4 games on the Colts schedule - NE, MIA, RAI, and DET and went 3-1. Lost to Detroit.

The coverage hack acts just the way I would hope - WR almost always covered, RB's and TE sometimes open, and everyone covered a significant amount of time. Running the ball is basically useless though with a 44 MS RB. I think I had one run with a RB more than 10 yards out of the 4 games. Albert Bentley averaged .5 yards on 31 carries and Ivy Joe averaged 1.5 yards on 8 carries. Not good. Is there a way to keep the coverage/juice but make running a little easier?

Unfortunately the flip side of that is that running with the QB is way too easy. Both of my quarterbacks averaged about 7 yards on 26 combined carries. I've seen roms that have an ILB mirror the QB's movements. I think that would fix that issue. Anyone know how to add that in?

TecmoSuperBowl - Juiced, Coverage, and Run Def Hacks.rar

I've been lookin for this for awhile now and this is awesome. Only thing I would ask for is to extend the time in quarter from 5 min's to 7? Is that easily done? I only know how to do player stats, I'm unsure of how to add all these in game play hacks etc...still learning.

download xvi32. That's my hex editor of choice...

otherwise, apply this set patch to tsbtool:

SET(0x12345,0x07)

Where 0x12345 is the hex location, and 0x07 is the quarter length desired (both need to be written in hex) so:

7 min quarters = 0x07, 10 min quarters = 0x0A, etc...