Best play in TB

hamburgler2682

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a 3 person league playing this game religiously every day when it came out. We managed to figure out where to place our defender to intercept every crossing pass and curl except one.... The curl play for the NY Giants thrown to Mark Bavaro. It is completely impossible to stop no matter who you are or where you defend it once he makes his move.

We had to limit the "*(" play to 4 times per drive I believe.

This play was more annoying than the stupid dive plays in TSB III and almost as bad as "the lurch".

• 3 weeks later...

Best Passing Play is Raiders Pass 1, it is so spread out it cannot be picked and the Recievers on that play are all blazing fast.

Best running play is Bo's play, since you have to pick it to stop it.

Other good passing plays are Clevelands pass 2, i think its #2. Denver and Seattles pass 1 is good too.

For sure LA Pass #1. TE Christensen going super deep forcing the human to cover him, leaving blazing WR Tim Brown over the middle for 10-12 yards, and Marcus Allen barrling up the side line as an extra option. NYG, CLE, SEA and DEN all possess basically the same play (where the TE cuts at about 8 yards, and another man goes deep), very unstoppable, and you don't even have to cheat by using the slants and cut routes. that's right Cheat. Seattle's Pass 2 is also pretty damn great. Largent goign deep and the TE doing a curl.

Best Run-not even a question. Bo Knows.

• 7 months later...
For sure LA Pass #1. TE Christensen going super deep forcing the human to cover him, leaving blazing WR Tim Brown over the middle for 10-12 yards, and Marcus Allen barrling up the side line as an extra option. NYG, CLE, SEA and DEN all possess basically the same play (where the TE cuts at about 8 yards, and another man goes deep), very unstoppable, and you don't even have to cheat by using the slants and cut routes. that's right Cheat. Seattle's Pass 2 is also pretty damn great. Largent goign deep and the TE doing a curl.

Best Run-not even a question. Bo Knows.

I couldnt agree more about Christensen, that play is money...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

MIN's wr reverse :wink:

actually LA's pass 1 i think where christensen goes deep, its lethal with everyone so spread out. im not sure if its the best one, but these others are great too.

other great ones are.....MIA's shotgun play....it seems a lot that most everyone is totally open on that one. also SF's shotgun is great cause it seems to reek much havoc against me all the time. NYG's pass where bavaro runs an out to the sideline and sits there, rules cause hes so fast after he catches the ball. and CLE has a version of that play where newsome does the same as bavaro, but aint as fast.

bad pass plays include....DEN's shotgun, if the opponent picked the other pass, cause then the only guys open happen to be runing towards each other in the middle of the field.....and thats no good. however if the guy picked a run play, then all 4 wr;s are wide open and the play rules.

as for runs....well the best ones are the ones that get you many yards....im not sure which is the best one....i dont have an opinion on that.

• 1 year later...
I was in a 3 person league playing this game religiously every day when it came out. We managed to figure out where to place our defender to intercept every crossing pass and curl except one.... The curl play for the NY Giants thrown to Mark Bavaro. It is completely impossible to stop no matter who you are or where you defend it once he makes his move.

We had to limit the "*(" play to 4 times per drive I believe.

This play was more annoying than the stupid dive plays in TSB III and almost as bad as "the lurch".

I wonder if he was talking about the curl play that Washington has too or the cut to the sidelines a la Cleveland's Ozzie Newsome. Cause either one should be able to be stopped... right?

The trick to any of the plays like that (Chicago's P2, New York's P1, Oakland's P2) that have a curl or slant is to catch the receiver in motion. Throwing to a receiver on an out route will just get it intercepted (especially on the blitzed plays). But if you can get it out fast enough to the reciever on a slant/curl during his route then it's money no matter who it is or what play was called.

the bavaro and newsome out routes are effective cause those 2 are fast enuf into thier breaks to get some space between them and defender for a second. you can intercept these, but u need to be the right defender.

The cap bozo, roger craig type slants are also very interceptable as well.

the curl routes however are pretty much not interceptable though. we just totally outlaw those passes in our league play.

the bavaro and newsome out routes are effective cause those 2 are fast enuf into thier breaks to get some space between them and defender for a second. you can intercept these, but u need to be the right defender.

The cap bozo, roger craig type slants are also very interceptable as well.

the curl routes however are pretty much not interceptable though. we just totally outlaw those passes in our league play.

so one team has only 3 plays? that doesn't sound fair.

I once had this kid claim that you could throw the ball to a cpu-covered reciever and never have it intercepted. Like, never. On any pass route. I argued with him for days but finally came to the conclusion his game must have had a glitch in it or something. It was weird.

i think you miss understood me. we just dont allow you to pass to a guy while he's running the curl in his route. once the wr's/te come out of the curl and they are standing still then they are fair game, but not when they are in the process of running an uncoverable route.

its not a strict as i think you believed it to be. we just use common sense with the guidelines/parameters we have set in the passing game.

i think you miss understood me. we just dont allow you to pass to a guy while he's running the curl in his route. once the wr's/te come out of the curl and they are standing still then they are fair game, but not when they are in the process of running an uncoverable route.

its not a strict as i think you believed it to be. we just use common sense with the guidelines/parameters we have set in the passing game.

Good job, I'm all about common sense. Like, if I'm at a stop light and there is no one around I should be able to go, red or not! Seriously.

Oh hey, this doesn't deserve its own topic, but how hard is it to break tackles 2P? Man is that tough. I just remembered that when I played against my roomate the other day. 1p vs 2p in a grapple, the defense like, always wins. You'd have to have some sort of palsy to not take down the offensive player.