RB receiving in sim games

QB or not QB

I'm coming a little bit late to the party, since I've been kind of an original TSB guy for so long, but I recently downloaded the 2009 32-team and quickly simmed a full season just to see what kind of numbers/results came out of it... wow.

Are the RBs supposed to lead the league in receptions and yardage? Adrian Peterson (6 REC) has 40 receptions for 1117 yards and 21 tds!

I was just wondering if there was a way of configuring this just a bit. I don't care if some of the better receiving RBs have big numbers, but guys like A.D. shouldn't even be close.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, this can be adjusted. :lol:

Great! So... what's the process? Has this issue already been discussed somewhere else?

I have TSB Tool Supreme and have been playing with it a bit, but nothing that I've done seems to affect this issue. In fact, I even went through and lowered every Back's REC to zero... no significant change.

You have to change the sim numbers, not the regular ratings. In TSB Tool Supreme they are the numbers in the brackets: [8,2,1,2] could be a typical RB. The first number controls rushing, the other three control receiving. I think the first one might be receptions, and the other two are yards and TDs or something like that. For most RBs, if you keep all three very low it should be okay. I would say if a RB has less than 300 yards receiving, make all of them 0.

Also keep in mind that the playbooks have a very large effect on stats. If all of the pass plays have RB1 as an option, he will get big receiving numbers even if all his receiving sim ratings are 0. If none of the plays have RB1 as an option, then he will obviously receive no passes.