NCAA 32-Team Champs Edition v75

NaciremaDream

Hi. I saw Rubens work on the 32-Team college rom and all the tools which were avaliable and did my best to change 3 or 4 teams, and then add in my old champ rosters to his engine. I also changed alot of the in game text on the menus to give it a more NCAA feel. I got this idea from his "Ath Director" text for the Team control menu which I thought that was a neat touch.

I completed the rosters and created more rosters for the extra new teams and changed a couple .. just took a bit of research ....

44-45 Army , 90 Ga Tech, 1964 Arkansas, 1987-88 Oklahoma State, 1991 California, 2001 Oregon, 1991 Washington, 2006 Boise State, 1980 Clemson. I also Completed rosters for the 1976 Pittsburgh, 1980 Georgia, 81 Clemson which had big holes in them ...

some teams will still have a great player in a wr4, or rb 4 spot or QB2 ... or some may have a player from another champ or good team (01 Oregon, A.Rashad) (87,91 WV QB Studstill) (86,94 Penst. RB Dozier) (06,08 Fla QB Leak) I just couldn't find all of the backups ...

I also personally changed all the playbooks and sim stats to suit the team style and switched some slots ... some teams are still in a 3wr,4wr formation, if this affects simulation stats, Ill change them all to 2wr, 2rb ... but i'm not sure, maybe someone can let me know. Also all the uniform colors should be accurate but I didn't fully address all the jersey numbers as thats alot of work.. and there maybe a few 2nd , 3rd stringers with the wrong skin color.

all credit goes to Ruben, there would be no way I coulda done it without the rom he provided. credit also to CxRom and the makers of the old Rose Bowl game engine (all the versions) , which is the original inspiration for this. Thanks again for creating these roms and consider this rom a small thank you for you hard work. Hope you enjoy.

PS ..here are the helmets that need work: Washington 91 LHelmet, Ga. Tech Mini-LHelmet (switched spots w NotreDame), Tennessee LHelmet, Virginia (its still Cincinnati, but correct color), and Arizona State (still OSU Beavers but correct color) ..... also the Oregon mini helmet changed colors somewhere during my adventures in editing ... now its just green in some spots..

Much Love

RoseBowl32-TeamChampionsEdition.rar

• 1 month later...

WinRar should be able to unRar it. I uploaded it to .zip for ya though.

I'm going to fix some of the player mistakes eventually, like USC having both Palmer and Leinhart. Prolly even put Cinncinati , TCU, and Boise back in. Just been very busy myself and didn't realize I had left them in there drom the older roms.. etc. Hope you enjoy, take care.

P.S. eventually would like to add different years of some teams (83 Neb, 87 Mia, 09 Ala, 96 Fla, 99 FSU etc.) for some of the die-hard fans. Hopefully soon, take care.

RoseBowl32 - TeamChampionsEdition.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I stopped editing this mod in 2010 due to time and life responsibilities and unfortunatly I never got around to finishing it. I finally took time the past week to make them all championship teams like I originally intended and also tried to clean up what I could.

I personally worked the schedule so the conference teams all play each other. Even if they are not all in the same division. If you pick an SEC team you will play all the SEC teams (6games, plus 3 non conf). Same with
ACC, BIG 12, Big 10, and old big East. I also merged the big east / acc schedule for regional matchups etc. Colorado and Nebraska, though in different divisons and conferences in this game will also play Oklahoma, Texas Texas Tech, and OSU, West Virginia. All the rest of the teams have 10 games. FSU and Florida play in the last week as well as Alabama Auburn.

Bug, Notes, Updates -
- I have personally done the playbooks but there may be one or two teams that I missed.
- I tried extremely hard to make each team play like the true team did.
- I have run 100's of simulations and tried to work out the stats. There are still some usual errors that I can't explain.
- This is a Beta rom and I can not guarantee it will ever be 'complete'.
- There will be a few skin colors that may be wrong, some jersey numbers, but these will most likely be
lineman or low tier linebackers. All the rosters are complete.. any player i'm missing is probably due to injury that season (or I was just aloof) cause I literally sat and watched alot of the real games again ... (yeah , i'm that guy)
- I used the actual games on YouTube, college reference, and my own knowledge and history to fill it in.
- There are no hacks that I am aware of on this rom. I would absolutly love
for it to have all the updates the newer NFL Tecmo roms are getting. (Moving lineman, 2pt conversion etc)
but as I mentioned before this is beyond my expertise and I am at the mercy of any programmers who would
want to help. (that would be awesome)
- I couldn't import playbooks because it changed the colors of the helmets? So I worked with what I had.
- I have worked very hard to keep the immersion even if I have missed a couple helmet graphics, colors and such. I am just not that good at hexidecimal programming and don't have the time to learn it or become proficient at it.
- Pittsburgh Helmet, Virgina helmet, Washington Helmet, Arizona St's helmet etc need work. Pittsburgh, colorado, asu, army mini helmet colors need work. Alabama mini helmet needs someone to fix in the 'see team' screen, team select it looks good. Some other minor graphical errors exists but they are minimal in comparison to the whole. Coulda easily be cleaned up by someone who knows what they are doing (yeah .. thats not me)
- I am putting this up as is because I do not know if i'll ever get back to it and I personally would not be editing anything if It wasn't for this web forum. So i'll put it up as is for posterity. I hope you enjoy it and it can add something to your gaming!

Teams Included:

1981 Georgia, 1996 Florida, 2010 Auburn, 1990 Georgia Tech,
1992 Alabama, 1998 Tennessee, 2003 LSU, 1964 Arkansas,
1988 Notre Dame, 1999 Virginia Tech, 1980 Clemson, 1987 Miami
1987 West Virginia, 1990 COlorado, 1994 Nebraska, 1977 Pittsburgh
2002 Ohio St., 1994 Penn St., 1997 Michigan, 1945 Army,
2005 Texas, 1985 Oklahoma, 1987 Oklahoma St., 2008 Texas Tech,
2004 USC, 1991 California, 2014 Oregon, 1996 Arizona St.,
1995 Virginia, 1993 FSU, 1991 Washington, 2009 Boise St.

Once again,
Thank you for the tools and inspiration to do this. I even made a lil video with some music I made that I'll put on youtube for some fun. I'm glad there are many of us who love this game still. I appreciate the hard work everyone has done as you've kept it alive for me andalot of other people. Tecmo Nerds Assemble!

Original Credit to CGDI's Rose Bowl Rom and Reuben for putting his college editing tools up as this could not be possible without them.

Feel free to edit, hack , butcher this rom as you please. I basiically put it together for everyone so to everyone it goes.

YouTube Vid

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8VROwsmTU&feature=youtu.be

Much Love everyone 1 , God Bless

Edited by NaciremaDream

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...