TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

12 hours ago, SBlueman said:

Love the update to this essential tool, thanks @BAD_AL! I do have a question though, will this reset the pointers for the team name and abbreviations like this:

Or is this more of a quick fix where you need to make sure what you edit to fits to what is already in place?

When using the "TEAM_ABB=BUF.,TEAM_CITY=BUFFALO,TEAM_NAME=BILLS" lines, it sets up the pointers correctly when the string lengths change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2013 at 5:10 PM, BAD_AL said:

Version 1.0.0.1 Added to first post.

Defects Fixed:
1. Should work under mono on Linux & Mac now
2. Team Formation Fix.

Features Added:
1. Hacks Menu added
2. Pro Bowl editing support (text + GUI) [Menu added under 'View']

I've been catching up on Tecmo stuff this year after being inactive since... well, I guess 2013 at least. I'm excited to see you can edit Pro Bowl rosters in Tool now. I know I figured out how to do it with hex a long time ago, because my old NCAA rom has edited rosters, and I even changed "Pro Bowl" to "All Amer." But I've completely forgotten how I did all that. And that was on a 28-team rom, also. This will make things much simpler. 

I'm glad you figured out the team formation fix, as well. I'll have to check that out and experiment with it. Thanks for all the updates, @BAD_AL

1 hour ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I've been catching up on Tecmo stuff this year after being inactive since... well, I guess 2013 at least. I'm excited to see you can edit Pro Bowl rosters in Tool now. I know I figured out how to do it with hex a long time ago, because my old NCAA rom has edited rosters, and I even changed "Pro Bowl" to "All Amer." But I've completely forgotten how I did all that. And that was on a 28-team rom, also. This will make things much simpler. 

I'm glad you figured out the team formation fix, as well. I'll have to check that out and experiment with it. Thanks for all the updates, @BAD_AL

I'm still having the same issue with 1RB-3WR-1TE formations. Some teams it correctly shows the receiver in the RB2 slot as a WR on the player page, but some it shows him as a RB. The formation is correct, so it's not that big of a deal. To be more specific, on a 32-team rom I'm doing, it shows correctly for the receiver on the Raiders in the AFC West, but not for the receiver on the Saints in the NFC South. 

On 10/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I'm still having the same issue with 1RB-3WR-1TE formations. Some teams it correctly shows the receiver in the RB2 slot as a WR on the player page, but some it shows him as a RB. The formation is correct, so it's not that big of a deal. To be more specific, on a 32-team rom I'm doing, it shows correctly for the receiver on the Raiders in the AFC West, but not for the receiver on the Saints in the NFC South. 

Is this the case on the default 32 team rom or a different rom?

One way to reverse engineer the location is to search for the pattern. 

0 = 2rb-2wr-1te,

1 = 1rb-4-wr-0te

2 = 1rb -3wr-1te

image.png

Then you go down the line in the AFC first on your rom and make a note of which teams currently have which formations and then do a hex search with those values.

Let's say for the first 8 teams only Cincy has a non-1-2-2 formation and theirs is 3 wrs

The pattern to search for would be 00002000. The more teams you use for a pattern to search, the easier it will be to find. Also I believe the Pro Bowl formations are listed before the NFC West

4 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Is this the case on the default 32 team rom or a different rom?

One way to reverse engineer the location is to search for the pattern. 

0 = 2rb-2wr-1te,

1 = 1rb-4-wr-0te

2 = 1rb -3wr-1te

image.png

Then you go down the line in the AFC first on your rom and make a note of which teams currently have which formations and then do a hex search with those values.

Let's say for the first 8 teams only Cincy has a non-1-2-2 formation and theirs is 3 wrs

The pattern to search for would be 00002000. The more teams you use for a pattern to search, the easier it will be to find. Also I believe the Pro Bowl formations are listed before the NFC West

I'm only finding the formations with that method. I'm not having a problem changing the formations, that works fine using Tool. When I look in a hex editor, all the 2RB-2WR-1TE teams are 00 except the two I changed to 1RB-3WR-1TE are 02. That's all good. It's just for some reason when I changed the Saints to 1RB-3WR-1TE, the player data screen for the WR in the RB2 slot is still listed as a RB. Here are screenshots of what I'm talking about:

2089290879_TSB200220xxbaseNEWCOPY-0.thumb.png.1464a44ed29d8873c8628a685afc8e0e.png

202433644_TSB200220xxbaseNEWCOPY-1.thumb.png.657526d5d4a656f3a213ab3d421aa2ee.png

This is the rom I used before I made any changes:

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM.nes

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

54 minutes ago, bruddog said:

I was only asking you to post to see what the issue with the 3wr saints was....

lol sorry, I know, thanks, but I'm almost done so I figured I might as well finish it, but I'll post it here now. I also wanted to make sure I wasn't changing any other formations in case that affected it. I looked it over, and I'm not. Just the Raiders and the Saints have the 3 WRs. FYI, the hex location of the offensive formations on this rom begins at x3f940, in case that's helpful. Here it is:

TSB 2002 20xx base NEW COPY.nes

I know whats going on now....there is a different check for the team formation setup for drawing the player position abbreviations. (RB,WR,TE).  It is currently still set up like the original check for the 3 4WR teams HOU, DET, ATL (team ids 07, 14, 1B) and the 3Wr teams WAS,PHX  (team ids 0E,11). 

2 hours ago, bruddog said:

I know whats going on now....there is a different check for the team formation setup for drawing the player position abbreviations. (RB,WR,TE).  It is currently still set up like the original check for the 3 4WR teams HOU, DET, ATL (team ids 07, 14, 1B) and the 3Wr teams WAS,PHX  (team ids 0E,11). 

Okay, I sort of understand that, but how do I fix it?

9 hours ago, bruddog said:

If you just have the two 3wr teams than its just a matter of changing the team ids.

Are you talking about the info in this thread? Because this appears to just be for the original 28-team rom. The hex locations for the 32-team rom I am using are different, and I have no idea how to find them, except for the one place I already said that just changes formations and not positions. Do you know what all the correct hex locations are to do the things talked about in this thread?

@BO FB Offtackle Left yes refer to the second post in the thread . I just edited pampozos post  because it was missing the 3WR team position abbreviation information. 

You have to hand edit the values manually at 0x31007 and 0x3100E 

For some reason on the original rom. San Diego is given a a 3WR player change screen but not for the position abbreviations. Possibly intentional...possibly a mistake who knows. 

1 hour ago, bruddog said:

@BO FB Offtackle Left yes refer to the second post in the thread . I just edited pampozos post  because it was missing the 3WR team position abbreviation information. 

You have to hand edit the values manually at 0x31007 and 0x3100E 

For some reason on the original rom. San Diego is given a a 3WR player change screen but not for the position abbreviations. Possibly intentional...possibly a mistake who knows. 

Thank you! Now I get it. That's why the Raiders are correct, they are 0E on this rom. Also just noticed that the Giants are 11 so they had the position swaps. I just changed that 11 to 19 for the Saints and now everything is right. I don't know what I would have done if I had more than 2 teams, I guess one of them would be wrong, but this works out perfectly. 

You wrote 0x3100E here, by the way, it's 0x3100B. But thank you so much.

The Chargers were confusing in real life. It looks like they mostly used a 2-TE set. Bernstine was a backup RB who rushed for over 500 yards. If I remade the original I would probably just give them a standard formation and raise Bernstine's MS to 38. I have no idea why Early has a running play, he didn't carry the ball at all in 1990.

1 hour ago, bruddog said:

You also might have to set the 4-WR teams to the all star team id unless you actually have 3 4WR teams. 

Oh right. I want to use the pro bowl teams, also, though. I tried just putting in a random non-team number at the locations. I used 30, and that set the teams back to normal. Would you anticipate that affecting anything else? It seems okay so far, but I haven't tried playing games yet.

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

It looks like we've been wrong about how some of the sim stats work for years

On 10/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, bruddog said:

There are two bytes for each skill player.

Nibble 1 = Sim Rushing Yards Value                          (Used for Sim kick returns if player is at KR spot, Used for Sim punt returns if player at PR spot)

Nibble 2 = Sim Receiving Catch Chance Value 

Nibble 3 = Sim Yards Per Catch Value

Nibble 4 = Sim Target Chance Value

image.png

image.png

Greetings! Just downloaded this tool, it looks to be very awesome.

So a year or two ago I ran an 8-player league using the original rom where we each drafted a full team of 30 and then I used TSB Manager (or whatever the utility is for the 28-team rom) to swap all of our drafted guys together to create the 8 teams. I then used some utility to edit the schedule (may have even been TSBTool Supreme...it's been long enough that I can't remember and I seem to have lost the folder with those files). Recorded the games with OBS, put them on youtube, great times were had by all.

Anyway, my buddies want to do another league but to mix things up we want to use the latest 2020 tb.org rom to draft from. Obviously what I used before won't work since this is a 32-team rom, but it looks like Supreme will fit the bill. We aren't fancy with our own helmet designs or anything....really we just need to be able to do 3 things:

1) swap players from team to team.

2) rename the teams.

3) update the schedule.

So that is my long unnecessary preamble to a question....when I load the 2020 rom (specifically, Tecmo2020_rev3.nes) into TSBTool Supreme it looks like the 49ers player data at the end is getting chopped. All the teams before that up through Panthers look ok, but here's what I'm seeing for 49ers:

TEAM = 49ers SimData=0x89170, 
PLAYBOOK R4753, P2573 
QB1, , Face=0x1e, #0, 25, 69, 13, 13, 56, 50, 44, 44 ,[2, 6, 2 ]
QB2, , Face=0x40, #0, 25, 69, 31, 13, 44, 38, 50, 50 ,[5, 6, 1 ]
RB1, , Face=0x99, #8e, 38, 69, 44, 25, 69, 31 ,[5, 3, 5, 2 ]
RB2, ÿ&

..and then nothing else, that's the end of the data. Have you seen this before?

2 hours ago, Max_Fischer said:

So that is my long unnecessary preamble to a question....when I load the 2020 rom (specifically, Tecmo2020_rev3.nes) into TSBTool Supreme it looks like the 49ers player data at the end is getting chopped. All the teams before that up through Panthers look ok, but here's what I'm seeing for 49ers:

TEAM = 49ers SimData=0x89170, 
PLAYBOOK R4753, P2573 
QB1, , Face=0x1e, #0, 25, 69, 13, 13, 56, 50, 44, 44 ,[2, 6, 2 ]
QB2, , Face=0x40, #0, 25, 69, 31, 13, 44, 38, 50, 50 ,[5, 6, 1 ]
RB1, , Face=0x99, #8e, 38, 69, 44, 25, 69, 31 ,[5, 3, 5, 2 ]
RB2, ÿ&

..and then nothing else, that's the end of the data. Have you seen this before?

I have. Use an earlier version of TSB Tool and it will pull properly