TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, neither version showed all 32 teams for me.  Both cut off at the 49ers at the RB2 line.  If you have no need to update team names, cities, and city abbreviation, then the _0.9.1_Beta would suffice.

Even when you grab the full information for the last 4 remaining teams (49ers, rams, seahawks, cardinals) using the _0.9.1_Beta version and add in the city and team names manually and paste it into the new tool and save, it gives the following error

image.thumb.png.36a3cc50b70773fb6abc6fd16ca05ce9.png

I tried this on both the 1.2.0.1 and 1.2.0.2 versions.

Edited by Atrain400

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, gray wilcox said:

@SBlueman i'm editing one of Gofji's 2020 ROMS and i'm running into an issue turning the Titans into the Oilers.

i get this error each time:

image.thumb.png.86a76a4b7d82da444b0c484f22853566.png

any tips?

welp. i think i figured out my issue. i was editing the 'titans' to be 'oilers' when i should've left it as 'titans' while still changing the all caps TEAM_CITY, TEAM_NAME to my desired city and mascot.

i think this worked.

1 hour ago, SBlueman said:

BNPMaGJ.png

Looks like you figured it out @gray wilcox. Al you need to edit is what is after the "=". This feature is a godsend, this used to be the "easy" way to edit it:

MUCH prefer the new way lol. Now i'm trying to edit the small helmets using @buck method:

which is pretty neat. editing on the fly. i've found the controls for the Titans mini helmet (i've even managed to make an oil derrick!) but i can't get the helmet to be white with red trim.

image.thumb.png.f59afb7195559009bd5b7711e5bad11d.png

• 2 months later...

Hello folks,

I am trying to edit an old hack "Buck Rehawl Semi Pro" Tecmo Super Bowl.  I am able to edit all attributes and names with success, however, when I try to apply a "hack" as per the video instructions by SBlueman, such as the example "more NFL-like QB rating value", when I hit "apply" this is the notice I get:
400572247_TSBROMMESSAGE.PNG.d6fbe6d535cabb28e261fbd96fcf1500.PNG

And it doesn't seem to apply the change to the rom itself.  

Am I doing something wrong or is this particular romhack un-hack-able?  

Thanks ahead of time for any advice.  

Edit:  Same message coming up for "Press start to loft/original loft pass hack".

Edited by Haniel Markradonn
forgot something

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, Haniel Markradonn said:

Hello folks,

I am trying to edit an old hack "Buck Rehawl Semi Pro" Tecmo Super Bowl.  I am able to edit all attributes and names with success, however, when I try to apply a "hack" as per the video instructions by SBlueman, such as the example "more NFL-like QB rating value", when I hit "apply" this is the notice I get:
400572247_TSBROMMESSAGE.PNG.d6fbe6d535cabb28e261fbd96fcf1500.PNG

And it doesn't seem to apply the change to the rom itself.  

Am I doing something wrong or is this particular romhack un-hack-able?  

Thanks ahead of time for any advice.  

Edit:  Same message coming up for "Press start to loft/original loft pass hack".

That error message above probably shouldn't be shown for an unknown content type. 

To get around that issue you could paste in a line like this:

#QB1, qb BILLS, Face=0x0, #0, 25, 31, 38, 44, 50, 56, 63, 69 ,[1, 2, 3 ]

I'll get a fix for that in the next version of the tool. 

The above line won't be applied (because it's a comment), but it should fool the content type check into thinking that it's tsb1.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can TSBToolSupreme be used to edit the Tecmo2021post_rev0 rom?  Everything appears to be working while using the TSBTool interface, but not all changes are showing up when I try to play the edited rom, and there are some graphics glitches that appear for the team edited and every team after them.

15 hours ago, Tilland said:

Can TSBToolSupreme be used to edit the Tecmo2021post_rev0 rom?  Everything appears to be working while using the TSBTool interface, but not all changes are showing up when I try to play the edited rom, and there are some graphics glitches that appear for the team edited and every team after them.

Not well due to the hacks installed in the game. If you are looking on editing a 2021 rom I would suggest either Goji's base hack or my vanilla hack. Those can be overwritten by TSBTool without issues since they have minimal or no hacks installed that TSBTool will overwrite. 

On 12/30/2021 at 1:50 PM, SBlueman said:

Not well due to the hacks installed in the game. If you are looking on editing a 2021 rom I would suggest either Goji's base hack or my vanilla hack. Those can be overwritten by TSBTool without issues since they have minimal or no hacks installed that TSBTool will overwrite. 

Thanks, SBlueman!  That resolved the issue for me!

• 3 months later...

It should be pretty easy to import rosters between supported roms.

You just copy & paste the text.

The newer versions (like 1.3) also have the ability to convert between the different formats for TSB1, TSB2 & TSB3 (although, this feature has been less used and tested little). 

image.png.c5f97667b600409507c1a1c341b1c395.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 11:05 AM, BAD_AL said:

It should be pretty easy to import rosters between supported roms.

You just copy & paste the text.

The newer versions (like 1.3) also have the ability to convert between the different formats for TSB1, TSB2 & TSB3 (although, this feature has been less used and tested little). 

image.png.c5f97667b600409507c1a1c341b1c395.png

I don't know if you're interested, but I already found where the bytes that determine the offensive preferences in the SNES TSB 2 (you know, heavy rush, heavy pass, etc), are from 170BC to 17115, they are in the order of the team data (BUF, IND, MIA, NE, JET, ETC), I hope it helps to update TSBTOOL, greetings from México

Just now, Luis Enrique Huesca Tinoco said:

I don't know if you're interested, but I already found where the bytes that determine the offensive preferences in the SNES TSB 2 (you know, heavy rush, heavy pass, etc), are from 170BC to 17115, they are in the order of the team data (BUF, IND, MIA, NE, JET, ETC), I hope it helps to update TSBTOOL, greetings from México

something I forgot to mention, are the SIM of the offensive preferences of the 3 seasons, for example, in season 92 KC's offensive preference is HEAVY RUSH (01 in hex values) while in season 94 it is BALANCE PASS (02 in hex Values) that is, THERE ARE 78 OF THESE VALUES IN TOTAL, EACH TEAM HAS 3 FOR EACH OF THE SEASONS, AND BETWEEN EACH SEASON THERE ARE TWO BYTES THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE FOR, that is, the 28 bytes of season 92 and two bytes in 00 that I don't know what they are for, then the 28 from season 93 and again two bytes in 00 and so on

• 1 month later...

On 7/8/2022 at 7:29 AM, Luis Enrique Huesca Tinoco said:

Hey, thanks for the info.  Perhaps you can open up a issue on the GitHub (containing the necessary information) to track this request:

https://github.com/BAD-AL/tsbtools/issues

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2022 at 2:59 PM, BAD_AL said:

Hey, thanks for the info.  Perhaps you can open up a issue on the GitHub (containing the necessary information) to track this request:

https://github.com/BAD-AL/tsbtools/issues

For more details of the SNES TSB 2 offensive preferences these are the locations by season:

1992: Starts in 170BC and ends in 170D7

1993: Starts at 170DA and ends at 170F5

1994: Starts at 170F8 and ends at 17113

(do not forget to follow the order of the teams)

Finally, I wanted to know if there is a way to modify the PlayBook in SNES TSB 1, whether it is a tool or if it has to be done in hexadecimal form, if you could guide me where and how I should modify. I have no idea where to start

One more thing before I forget since I brought up the topic of TSB 2: DO YOU KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE THE ACCURACY OF THE KICKERS?? BECAUSE IT IS FRUSTRATED TO SEE THEM FAIL SO MUCH, I TRY RAISING THEIR PRECISION ATTRIBUTES AND AVOID BLOCK UP TO 100 AND 25-YARD FG FAIL!! CAN SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THAT?

Edited by Luis Enrique Huesca Tinoco