TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

I thought the newest version fixed this. Do yuo have 081?

I am pretty sure I do. I will download again just to be sure.

My bad... I didn't have the new version. I do have another question though... The tool gives you the option to change the offensive formation, but when I play the game, I don't notice any difference. When I use a 3 or 4 WR formation, it still uses the FB. Am I missing something? Thanks.

My bad... I didn't have the new version. I do have another question though... The tool gives you the option to change the offensive formation, but when I play the game, I don't notice any difference. When I use a 3 or 4 WR formation, it still uses the FB. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Yea, I have seen this. Try resetting all the data when viewing the team data. if it still fails rename the file when you apply to ROM.

You won't notice a difference in game. The Offensive formation feature of TSBTool changes how a team lists it's players, not the actual formations of the plays setup for that team.

If you select for a team to have 1RB_4WR, in the 'Member Change' Screen it will list 1 RB and 4 WRs as your starters.

If you pick the play 'Pro T Flare D' it will look like a Pro formation (2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR) no matter what 'Offensive Formation' the team deploys.

You won't notice a difference in game. The Offensive formation feature of TSBTool changes how a team lists it's players, not the actual formations of the plays setup for that team.

If you select for a team to have 1RB_4WR, in the 'Member Change' Screen it will list 1 RB and 4 WRs as your starters.

If you pick the play 'Pro T Flare D' it will look like a Pro formation (2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR) no matter what 'Offensive Formation' the team deploys.

Thanks for the info. I did notice one thing just now. I can not save any change I make to the Jets offensive strategy. It is set at High Passing, but if I change it, it will not save. Not really a big deal, bit thought I would post to see if anybody else had this issue.

Thanks for the info. I did notice one thing just now. I can not save any change I make to the Jets offensive strategy. It is set at High Passing, but if I change it, it will not save. Not really a big deal, bit thought I would post to see if anybody else had this issue.

Yup, that's a bug. The Run/Pass ratio numbers for the NFC west are overwriting the Run/Pass ratio numbers for the AFC East.

It'll be fixed in the next release.

For the qb sim pocket data it goes from 1-15 instead of 0-3 like i was used to. So is there a scale someone could throw at me that I could work with? Like 0-3 = runs a lot, 4-7 = runs more, 8-11 = stays in pocket more, 12-15, stays in pocket a lot....?

QB sim pocket is a full nibble. So you can set it to 0-15, but in the original, only 0,1,2,3 were used.

I'm not sure what setting that value to 15 would do to someone's simulated stats.

AL, any idea on when the next release will be?

Pretty soon I think (my best guess is about 2 weeks, maybe sooner).

I implemented most of the Get/Set color functionality today.

My Team color GUI is almost done.

I have probably have 3-4 hours of coding and a couple hours of testing before the next release (although, I might let the users be the testers if I can't devote the hours to testing).

• 2 weeks later...

Updated.

New version = 0.9.0.

Features Added (Version 0.9.0):

1. Uniform 'Colors' Editing (for nes ROMs) (select 'Show Colors' from the view menu).

2. Uniform 'Colors' Editing GUI (for nes ROMs)

3. Pasting Text into TSBTool main GUI removes any formatting (pastes as plain text).

4. Added 'GetBytes' feature.

I'm sure there are bugs around the Uniform edit feature. Please post them here.

I've noticed that when using the alt jersey for the 49ers, that playing against some teams the cutscenes have the correct uniform colors and against some teams they don't. If you know why, please let me know.

Link= http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6941&start=141

BAD_AL , the uniform editor is beautiful.

I'm still working on learning the GETBYTES. How does this work again?

I click "getbytes' from File menu

it asks for a file to load

I get something like this: #)Ҡ$:Pgz&@e͢9UqţtʤҤ%9zХ=Yrڦ*>X§֧mBWemөک">Par=0H

I don't understand what the process is.

PS

We need a master list of HEX addresses of common hackable areas...

The new uniform feature is great! I did notice some things however:

- Choosing the alternate uniform affects the uniforms during gameplay but not during cut scenes.

- Some teams aren't affected when you try to make them use their alternate uniforms (Example: Colts 2nd uniforms vs Raiders and Rams 1st uniforms vs Cowboys didn't work in the 32-team rom)

- There are no options to choose alternate uniforms vs the Seahawks or Cardinals

Other than that so far so good. I especially love how you can edit the division championship screens and the conference championship screens and actually SEE what the edits will look like with the in-game screenshot.

Keep up the great work BAD_AL, you are my new hero and between your editor and the 32 team rom my interest in TSB has been revitalized.

- Choosing the alternate uniform affects the uniforms during gameplay but not during cut scenes.

Actually it depends which team you play (I don't know why this is). Sometimes it works correctly sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping one of us will figure it out.

Does it work correctly with Buck's spreadsheet?

If so, it's a bug for me to squash. If not, there's some data we're missing.

- Some teams aren't affected when you try to make them use their alternate uniforms (Example: Colts 2nd uniforms vs Raiders and Rams 1st uniforms vs Cowboys didn't work in the 32-team rom)

Same deal here. I think I'm modifying the ROM correctly (at least with the info we know presently).

- There are no options to choose alternate uniforms vs the Seahawks or Cardinals

Yes, I know. The data used to select alt uniforms is 32 bits long. The seahawks and cardinals represent the 33rd and 34th teams on the ROM (the AFC and NFC are 29,30), so we would overwrite the next team's uniform data if I allowed selecting those teams.

I'm still working on learning the GETBYTES. How does this work again?

I click "getbytes' from File menu

it asks for a file to load

I get something like this: #)Ҡ$:Pgz&@e͢9UqţtʤҤ%9zХ=Yrڦ*>X§֧mBWemөک">Par=0H

I don't understand what the process is.

The 'GetBytes' feature takes a file as input.

The input file holds the instructions of which bytes you want to get.

You need to first create a text file with instructions in it.

For example:

1. create a file called 'MiniHelmetData.txt' in notepad.

2. Past in the following 2 lines:

# mini helmet stuff
0x23BC6-0x23c51,0x5

3. Save and exit notepad.

4. click on the 'GetBytes' menu item.

5. Select 'MiniHelmetData.txt' and click 'OK'

6. you get the following results:

# mini helmet stuff
SET(0x23bc6,0x9495968b00)
SET(0x23bcb,0x88898a8b00)
SET(0x23bd0,0xc0c1ab8307)
SET(0x23bd5,0x90999a9b00)
SET(0x23bda,0xbcbd978b3b)
SET(0x23bdf,0xa8a9aa8b01)
SET(0x23be4,0xcccdce0009)
SET(0x23be9,0x98999a9b00)
SET(0x23bee,0x8f898a8b0d)
SET(0x23bf3,0x9e9fa28b00)
SET(0x23bf8,0x9c9d978b00)
SET(0x23bfd,0xb0b1b29b01)
SET(0x23c02,0xbabb828302)
SET(0x23c07,0x8687828310)
SET(0x23c0c,0x93a1a28b16)
SET(0x23c11,0xa0a1a28b00)
SET(0x23c16,0xbebf97001b)
SET(0x23c1b,0x8c8d8e831c)
SET(0x23c20,0x8081828300)
SET(0x23c25,0x8f898a8b21)
SET(0x23c2a,0x8485828300)
SET(0x23c2f,0xa3a7b79b27)
SET(0x23c34,0xd2d300002a)
SET(0x23c39,0xaeafb3832d)
SET(0x23c3e,0xa4a5a68330)
SET(0x23c43,0xb4b5b68302)
SET(0x23c48,0xacada28b31)
SET(0x23c4d,0x8f898a8b35)

Now those bytes are ready to go into another TSB ROM of the same type. Or you can copy and past that text into a csv file and move around data with excel.

About the input file, let's look at the 2 lines we used above:

#mini helmet stuff
0x23BC6-0x23c51,0x5

The first line is a TSBTool comment (lines starting with a '#' are comments). It will be ignored by TSBTool, but it lets us know what that hex data is for.

The second line in an instruction that tells TSBTool the following:

"extract the bytes starting at address '0x23BC6', ending at address '0x23c51' and in the resulting 'SET' commands, and do it in 5 byte chunks.

Does that answer your question, or are you experiencing problems with the process I explained above?

PS

We need a master list of HEX addresses of common hackable areas...

jstout would be the man for this, he's amazing.

Buck's spreadsheet works fine except for the NFC West teams.

I don't think it is working right, can others verify?

We are talking about the ALT-uniform spreadsheet, right?

I threw that together to show how the mechanics (as I visualize them) of the ALT selection bytes work. I used that format in the past (although there were no SET commands back when I used it - I added the SET stuff for the hell of it) and I've applied the 'mechanics' to a couple of 28 team roms.

Maybe the addresses I calculated are off? But I know, that in theory, the method is correct. I will verify tonight (I have some free time finally!) to see if there's something off.

+++++++++++++

BAD_AL - do you plan on providing the ability to modify the 'City, Team name and Abbreviations' in your NES TsbTOOL? That would be very nice (and complete the circle). Right now, I don't understand how to modify team names (how does the game know where one begins and ends???) Well, maybe I can tweak a 28 team rom in TSBM and compare the modifications in hex...

BAD_AL - do you plan on providing the ability to modify the 'City, Team name and Abbreviations' in your NES TsbTOOL? That would be very nice (and complete the circle). Right now, I don't understand how to modify team names (how does the game know where one begins and ends???) Well, maybe I can tweak a 28 team rom in TSBM and compare the modifications in hex...

Section x1FC10 to x1FF7F are the pointers and team names etc. It reads the info just like the player names. It reads the Pointer F0 BC then F4 from the next name and goes to $BCF0 and reads the letters until $BCF4 then would print BUF. to wherever.

I've been messing with the GetBytes to see how it worked. It can actually be a timesaver once you locate and can note how things work. If people can say what they want to see listed then I can try and mark the spots down. Attached will be a locations file I was using for testing and includes a lot of common and quirky spots.

locations.zip