TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

The NFL Leaders screen freeze.....I tried the fix and it's completely bjorked....

I'll paste the version I am working on, maybe you can take a look at it for me?

The defect in that ROM is a different one than I was seeing.

What were you doing to the ROM?

I extracted the contents, applied it to the latest release, did a file Compare and it turned out very different.

I could post a fix to get it back to the original, but it will overwrite all the manual changes you made.

Do you want that?

Yes, that's fine. I can then go back and add the roster information and go from there. Thanks for the help.

Here's the TSBTool 'SET' script, the NFL leaders screen defect you were seeing will be fixed, but anything that you can't change with TSBToolSupreme (but did change manually) will be lost.

script.zip

Just wondering what plans (if any) you had for a uniform editor AL. If you do have one planned, will it be part of TSB_TOOL or will it be a stand-alone editor?

he said, awhile back he was leaning in-doing a stand alone uniform editor but I hope he makes it apart of the tool it's self but ether way I can't wait until the release will save a lot of time instead of having to edit by hand w/ a hex editor.

later SUP!!!

Actually....this is exactly what he said:

No luck with the uniform editing at all Al?

I've been thinking about it.

I'm not yet sure it's a feature that should go into TSBTool.

I'm thinking that maybe a separate program would be better (I'm not sure yet). I was thinking that because:

1. TSBM already edits uniforms for nes TSB.

2. The SNES version already has a uniform editor.

I think that it's really only needed for the 32 team ROM (which should also support the original version because they are so similar). And that perhaps should be a stand alone program.

On the other hand, it would be cool to extract the uniform information to a text format so that you could apply uniform edits easier to either the original TSB or the new 32 team ROM.

I'll think about it some more.

No definite plans on what he was going to do.

Just wondering what plans (if any) you had for a uniform editor AL. If you do have one planned, will it be part of TSB_TOOL or will it be a stand-alone editor?

I've started the GUI for the uniform editor, and I think the text will look something like the following:

TEAM = bills SimData=0xab0, OFFENSIVE_FORMATION = 2RB_2WR_1TE
PLAYBOOK R1215, P7131
COLORS HomeUniform=0123, AwayUniform=3210, DivChamp=0102030405, ConfChamp=01020304

So much like the player editor GUI, the uniform editor GUI would popup when you double click a line that starts with the keyword 'COLORS'.

It should be pretty easy, but I don't have a time line on the release.

Actually....this is exactly what he said:
No luck with the uniform editing at all Al?

I've been thinking about it.

I'm not yet sure it's a feature that should go into TSBTool.

I'm thinking that maybe a separate program would be better (I'm not sure yet). I was thinking that because:

1. TSBM already edits uniforms for nes TSB.

2. The SNES version already has a uniform editor.

I think that it's really only needed for the 32 team ROM (which should also support the original version because they are so similar). And that perhaps should be a stand alone program.

On the other hand, it would be cool to extract the uniform information to a text format so that you could apply uniform edits easier to either the original TSB or the new 32 team ROM.

I'll think about it some more.

No definite plans on what he was going to do.

AW, SBLUEMAN, I knew I could get you to find the answer to your question ( just needed alittle motivation) my question is, why ask a question that he has already answered that you know the answer to. :)

BAD_AL - regarding uniform editing: will you code in the option to edit the alternate jersey matchups?

I don't know how to do that.

Is it really something that a lot of people would be interested in doing?

YES! I believe that option will take tsb_tool over the top as THE TSB editor to use.

Because this was posted a couple days ago and I was wondering if he had decided on anything. But why would I expect you to follow logic?

Yes, more times often than not it's hard to follow you logic, hey we actually agree on something :) but everybody entitle to there opinion!!!

BAD_AL - regarding uniform editing: will you code in the option to edit the alternate jersey matchups?

I don't know how to do that.

Is it really something that a lot of people would be interested in doing?

the addresses are the 4 bytes immediately trailing each teams' uniform/action seq data.

as far as how it works, from jstout ->

x00 x00 x00 x00 = When to Use Jersey 1 and 2 this is done bitwise (Buffalo to Atlanta then AFC to NFC with final 2 bits always being 0s) where a 0 = Jersey 1 and 1 = Jersey 2.

(x00000000 would use Jersey 1 vs every team and xFFFFFFFC would use Jersey 2 vs every team)

Now what I don't understand is how the extra 4 teams are going to work out with alt jerseys - haven't looked close though.

Please realize that this is a beta release (you are a beta tester if you use this) and make sure you check the error/ warning messages after you apply data to a rom. If you use this, make sure you do work on a copy so you don't screw up your original ROM.

Please report Bugs you find in this thread.

I have noticed that the offensive and deffensive SIM values for all 4 teams in the NFC West are set at 0 and they don't save if you edit them. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Thanks.

Please realize that this is a beta release (you are a beta tester if you use this) and make sure you check the error/ warning messages after you apply data to a rom. If you use this, make sure you do work on a copy so you don't screw up your original ROM.

Please report Bugs you find in this thread.

I have noticed that the offensive and deffensive SIM values for all 4 teams in the NFC West are set at 0 and they don't save if you edit them. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? Thanks.

I thought the newest version fixed this. Do yuo have 081?