TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can I get this to work on a mac? I converted to zip and it says it cannot create folders to save files and shuts down. Any advice?

You should be able to get this to work on Mac or Linux if you run it under Mono (http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html).

Although, I haven't actually tried running it under Mono since about 2006. Back then the GUI part didn't work (but it did run fine as a command-line tool).

Since then, Mono has matured quite a bit. And I expect it would run TSBTool just fine now.

• 4 weeks later...

slightly odd issue. I changed the Steelers to a 1rb-3wr-1te formation, figured out that you have to call your wr in the rb slot rb2, and then one of your rbs wr3. In the game, the WR in the rb2 slot is listed as a WR, so everything is good.

Then I did the same thing for the Colts. The formation in the game is correct, but on the player screen the WR in the RB2 slot is called a RB, and the RB in the WR3 slot is called a WR. Not sure why it works perfectly for the Steelers but not the Colts. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
slightly odd issue. I changed the Steelers to a 1rb-3wr-1te formation, figured out that you have to call your wr in the rb slot rb2, and then one of your rbs wr3. In the game, the WR in the rb2 slot is listed as a WR, so everything is good.

Then I did the same thing for the Colts. The formation in the game is correct, but on the player screen the WR in the RB2 slot is called a RB, and the RB in the WR3 slot is called a WR. Not sure why it works perfectly for the Steelers but not the Colts. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Bringing up a similar issue!! 32 team rom, all the current editors, etc. etc. etc.

When I changed all the formations to a 2RB 2WR and 1TE set, the ones that weren't 2RB/2WR/1TE all remained unchanged on the OF starters screen. I'm completely baffled!

****These guys were changed to a 2RB/2WR/1TE formation set****

post-253-13413728971019_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Just tried TSBToolSupreme out on the Mono framework and it does indeed run under Mono.

So you can run TSBToolSupreme on Linux & Mac as long as you know basic use of the command line.

# or wherever mono is installed
/usr/bin/mono TSBToolSupreme.exe 

Edited by BAD_AL

Just tried TSBToolSupreme out on the Mono framework and it does indeed run under Mono.

So you can run TSBToolSupreme on Linux & Mac as long as you know basic use of the command line.

# or wherever mono is installed

/usr/bin/mono TSBToolSupreme.exe 

Ah, thanks for that follow up!

• 4 months later...

So...

It does run under mono on Windows....

But I did find a couple Windows specific calls that would have probably caused it to fail on other platforms.  :(

I compiled those calls out and am attacking the result here.

I looked at the Mono install page for Mac and it says that it installs a Symlink to mono in your /usr/bin directory, so you should be able to run it by simply typing (from a command prompt):

mono TSBToolSupreme.exe 

As for installing Mono on Mac, I don't have mac so I can't comment on that. But it should be fairly straight forward, follow the instructions here

TSBToolSupreme_for_mono.zip

Edited by BAD_AL

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use fancy devices, unless it's absolutely necessary.  So a regular windows program (*.exe) is the best for me.

agree, even though I do use fancy devices because I'm a fancy man-about-town.  A final version of the Windows TSBToolSupreme would be higher on my wish list.

Bad Al, are you by chance working on activating/fixing the offensive formation option for each team?  I haven't seen anyone who has got it to work for them yet.  Thanks.

I posted a work around fix here.

Edited by BAD_AL

• 2 months later...

Ok,

Here's the beta release for TSBToolSupreme for editing cxrom's 32 team ROM, regular nes TSB ROMs and TSB1 for the SNES.

Requires the .NET Framework or Mono (Windows, Macintosh, Linux) in order to run.

[Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 come with the .NET framework pre-installed].

It probably has bugs that I don't know of.

Please report Bugs you find in this thread.

Features Added (Version 0.9.0):

1. Uniform 'Colors' Editing (for nes ROMs) (select 'Show Colors' from the view menu).

2. Uniform 'Colors' Editing GUI (for nes ROMs)

3. Pasting Text into TSBTool main GUI removes any formatting (pastes as plain text).

4. Added 'GetBytes' feature.

TSBToolSupreme Version 0.9.1 beta

Defects Fixed:

1. Uniform usage for the cutscenes was not being updated.

Known Issues (Version 0.9.1 beta):

The Alt Uniform stuff doesn't work well for the NFC west in the 32 team ROM. This is due to issues with the ROM, not the tool.

============================================================================================

'GetBytes' feature explained:

Due to the increased popularity of the 'SET' command, I have added a 'GetBytes' feature.

The 'GetBytes' feature will extract bytes from a ROM into 'SET' commands.

The input of the 'GetBytes' feature will be a text file and will look like the following:

Example #1, this will extract the bytes from the ROM from locations 0x23BC6-0x23c51

0x23BC6-0x23c51

Example #2, this will extract the bytes from the ROM from locations 0x23BC6-0x23c51, and

the comment '# mini helmet stuff' will be in the results.

# mini helmet stuff

0x23BC6-0x23c51

Example #3, this will extract the bytes from the ROM from locations 0x23BC6-0x23c51,

with a width of 5 bytes and the comment '# mini helmet stuff' will be in the results.

# mini helmet stuff

0x23BC6-0x23c51,0x5

You can have as many lines as you want with as many comments as you like.

The result of example #3 is the like the following (rest of the results are cut off):

-----------------

# mini helmet stuff

SET(0x23bc6,0x9495968b00)

SET(0x23bcb,0x88898a8b00)

SET(0x23bd0,0xc0c1ab8307)

SET(0x23c4d,0x8f898a8b35)

-----------------

============================================================================================

Version 1.0.0.1 Added to first post.

Defects Fixed:
1. Should work under mono on Linux & Mac now
2. Team Formation Fix.

Features Added:
1. Hacks Menu added
2. Pro Bowl editing support (text + GUI) [Menu added under 'View']

Great update!

Let's say that you had a hack for a 32 team only rom that didn't require input from the user.  Is it possible to code that so when you tried to apply to a 28 team rom that it would skip/error out?  If so, what would the syntax be?

Thanks!

Great update!

Let's say that you had a hack for a 32 team only rom that didn't require input from the user.  Is it possible to code that so when you tried to apply to a 28 team rom that it would skip/error out?  If so, what would the syntax be?

Thanks!

No, looks like I didn't have the sense to support that when I implemented it.

You could store the rom specific hacks in files clearly named for the appropriate version.

Like "SuperSlowQB_32team.txt".