Reorganization of Knobbe.org

Rodman49

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Download Section - This will allow for a direct link to the rom if this is all you want plus a link back to the thread it was originally uploaded. I may be able to figure out a way to script this stuff out, but more than likely files will have to be manually uploaded.

SEO fixed - Instead of knobbe.org/index.php?cat23-longass-string you will see knobbe.org/joomla/section.html

Updated moderators lists - I can just add users to groups instead of adding individuals to forums.

Updated the Joomla-phpBB3 login - It still works like shit and needs work - However it should allow me to give rights to people to add news, download files, etc while using the same login

Changed the front page layout a bit - made the sides a bit smaller, threw up a news ticker...still not where it needs to be

Couple quick hits:

1. Organizing the roms by platform and year is definitely the best way to go. I like the downloads section. Having it in a forum makes things lengthier to navigate. Definitely the original rom, an untouched version of cx's 32 team rom, cx's28 team rom with playbook and ayrdage changes, and maybe maynard's coach rom are all good BASE roms.

2. I will try and make ips patches again for the various hacks one by one. Like:

HP hack

fix player 2 condition hack

uniform hack/helmet (this I've read the least about)

etc.

and maybe one multi-hack that includes all my favorites.

3. My playbook hacking guides are severely outdated now and probably need updating.

4. My commom hacking requests post needs updating. (Will attempt this first)

I think it should be as simple as (Check Box)=Insert Code-> Hex rewrite on the simple things.

Obviously the major rewrites aren't there, but if something is a major change, then it's a matter of it becoming it's own beast.

Should be very easy for anyone that knows how to write code...

Figured out that I can add files to the download section via SQL = Much speedier

Changed the layout of the front page

Added a tab list up at the front - This way I can have Knobbe.org info on the front plus more info
    Added a RSS news syndicator on the side which gives you the last 10 posts from knobbe, tecmoworld, and puretecmo in post order

In the works

Adding more roms to the download section
    Adding Wiki section for better documenting hacking info plus whatever

I finally thought I'd done enough cleaning up in order to do some of the fun/necessary stuff I've been thinking about for the last 3 years

Suggestion: Pull the Sports and Fantasy Forums out of the Off Topic as sub-forums and stick a "Sports" section back into the main page of the Forum, underneath "Off Topic". Just combine the Sports and Fantasy forums into one with the appropriate description denoting as much. I just don't like clicking twice to get to the forum that really drives our interest in playing TSB anyway--Sports. And I don't know if it's entirely necessary to have two separate forums for Sports talk and Fantasy talk, especially since those forums are primarily the most active during this time of year only.

Good shit.

I wasn't sure how deep in the rabbit hole I should put some stuff. Noted an doable.

Suggestion: Pull the Sports and Fantasy Forums out of the Off Topic as sub-forums and stick a "Sports" section back into the main page of the Forum, underneath "Off Topic". Just combine the Sports and Fantasy forums into one with the appropriate description denoting as much. I just don't like clicking twice to get to the forum that really drives our interest in playing TSB anyway--Sports. And I don't know if it's entirely necessary to have two separate forums for Sports talk and Fantasy talk, especially since those forums are primarily the most active during this time of year only.

Good shit.

Oof...sometimes you can get overzealous when you try and remove 200 MB of text spam from a database.

Good thing: I backed up

Bad thing: Hosted mysql tells me to fuck off uploading such a monstrosity.

Luckily, I can fix almost anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...