Buck's TSB 09-10 ROM (new plays!) EOS UL Feb 27

buck

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - I just noticed the colts are blue (and I mean blue) when they play the Texans... and maybe other teams?

Is this a glitch or intentional? Are there any other funny/alternative uniforms out there?

That's intentional - don't you like it? There are other jersey 'easter eggs'...wait for the Final Version...maybe posted later tonight.

Hey Buck,

How much did you alter individual player ratings from the last prior update? Or is it mostly 'team' stuff? I am just curious b/c I have a NES cart repro and just curious if I should move in for the kill on the 'FINAL' version, too. A lot of my decision would be based on just how extensively you adjusted ratings.

Thanks for a great ROM- I am having a blast with it!

Hey Buck,

How much did you alter individual player ratings from the last prior update? Or is it mostly 'team' stuff? I am just curious b/c I have a NES cart repro and just curious if I should move in for the kill on the 'FINAL' version, too. A lot of my decision would be based on just how extensively you adjusted ratings.

Thanks for a great ROM- I am having a blast with it!

Cool. I'm going to get a repro, too.

Sim stats were tweaked - like Odom and Dumerville as sack leaders...and Merriman not-so-much a sack leader - as well as other league leader projections. Also, team sim stats in general are tweaked - some team playbooks have been modified.

Rosters have been adjusted - like Allen Rossum is no longer on 49ers (and that happened Monday).

Some new alternate uniforms have been added - like the Yellow/Brown DEN uni's...the orange MIA jerseys, etc.

You should check the player ratings out for yourself.

I think this FINAL version has the best player and team ratings (as of Week 5). Of course, some All-Stars ('08 Pro Bowlers) like DeAngelo Williams are still fast, even though they've pretty-much sucked so far this season. I don't want to make it 'too accurate' too soon.

I also made COM pass better in the later part of the season (increase PC and REC Juice).

I would say there has been a significant adjustment - for the better.

well, I had to spend a couple hours today and update stuff.

1. quarter length range changed (minimum of 5)

2. rosters changed (yep...)

3. attribute tweaks

new version is called "TD", for trade deadline.

PS. In version XX Just lost in the SB to the Titans (I was Vikes) on a Chris Johnson untouched dive with seconds to go. Ouch.

Great ROM!

How did the Titans get to the Super Bowl? :( They s**k this year! They are 0-6 so far and just got spanked by the Patsies 59-0! (a Tecmo score if you ask me... :D ).

How did the Titans get to the Super Bowl? :( They s**k this year! They are 0-6 so far and just got spanked by the Patsies 59-0! (a Tecmo score if you ask me... :D ).

Well, TSB has many random things going on.

Titans Team SIM values are: offense 5/15, defense 0/15, little-more rushing

So you tell me how they made it to SB - other than TSB Random Magic.

Hey Buck. Do you think this will be the last update? Just checking so I can finalize my Repro order.

2livelou, I want to adjust the default playbooks for 2 or 3 teams, and a couple of uniform matchups...maybe tonight or tomorrow...it's 99.9% finished.

Thanks so much, Buck.

Yeah I figured since it was a couple versions ago that maybe you hadn't 'downgraded' Tennessee yet. Wow, so it seems it was really just randonimity. Regardless of how they got there, a cracked out CJ blew thru the second level before my 'bad' A. Winfield even got off his heels. Those cut scenes (of Ten celebrating) cut me like a knife.

Look forward to the FINAL update!

ok, I gotta stop here...sorry about all the updates, but as anyone who has modded TSB knows, it is an iterative process (which can take some time to get right).

so, I mainly tweaked some default playbooks (to make COM a little better).

have fun

"LAST" version, go get it.

TEN.'s giving up the most passing yards of any team this season. Their back-field is decimated. And football, like any sport, is a momentum affair. When the Titans lost those first three games in the kind of way that they did, and when the first pairing of injuries to their DBs began, I felt that they were done for this season.

Is anyone else sucking as bad as I am at Buck's version of the game? I DL'd the juiced mode and have been trying to play a season with the Browns and have just been getting my ass beat!

1st game against the Vikes we got blown out 37-13. Next up the Broncos game. It was close throughout the 1st half and then Knowshown Moreno took the game over. Final score 42-10. The Ravens game was a horrible display and we lost 44-6. Finally I played the Bengals and the game was close to the final second. I wound up losing 20-17 after I decided to not try for the tie with a FG and got picked in the endzone.

Passing is extremely difficult it seems. I'm guessing I should just try to use his non juiced rom until I can get some better games together. I must say even though the juiced hack seems super hard I do enjoy the fact you have to mix plays up to score. It feels like a real game and if you don't mix and match plays you will not win ball games. I really started to notice this in the Bengals game. Either way this is a great piece of work you have put together.

Is anyone else sucking as bad as I am at Buck's version of the game? I DL'd the juiced mode and have been trying to play a season with the Browns and have just been getting my ass beat!

1st game against the Vikes we got blown out 37-13. Next up the Broncos game. It was close throughout the 1st half and then Knowshown Moreno took the game over. Final score 42-10. The Ravens game was a horrible display and we lost 44-6. Finally I played the Bengals and the game was close to the final second. I wound up losing 20-17 after I decided to not try for the tie with a FG and got picked in the endzone.

Passing is extremely difficult it seems. I'm guessing I should just try to use his non juiced rom until I can get some better games together. I must say even though the juiced hack seems super hard I do enjoy the fact you have to mix plays up to score. It feels like a real game and if you don't mix and match plays you will not win ball games. I really started to notice this in the Bengals game. Either way this is a great piece of work you have put together.

Yeah, it can be tough. Really though, the juice levels aren't that high (much different than normal) - it's the "MOJO" hack that makes it difficult (WRs are mostly covered, defense covers the run really good.)

I find that it's more tough to run than to pass - but with passing you have to learn to hit guys on timing routes (or learn to JJ/CC Dive).

I just went 14-2 with GB (5 min Quarters, no reset)...Jennings (20 somthing TD) and Driver (30 something TD) with 1500+ each. But I probably rushed for a team total ~500 yds (I think that Grant is too slow..he should be 38, 69, 44...) Anyways, after beating the shit out of ARZ in week 17, they turned around and beat me 17-14 in Divisional Playoff. Damn.

Now I've got a season going with HOU, (I think Shaub to Johnson is the best JJ combo EVER!) and I'm doing pretty good (maybe I'm 7-3 right now, can't remember off hand.) I'm mostly passing (chucking it to Johnson and watching him Jump into the Sky), but Slaton gets about 60 yds/game rushing.

The thing that is probably making it tough for people is learning the new plays - how to use them and how to stop them. That's just practice.

Its funny because when I was playing with the Browns Stuckey was becoming my go to guy. And he was making some insane catches.

The other day I was playing as the Seahawks vs the Pats and they blew my ass out. Welker was diving for balls and Moss was jumping for passes. They were unstoppable,lol. I even loved the part where Brady almost got sacked took off to run but stopped just before the line of scrimmage and tossed a TD to Welker in the Endzone. I mean I was like :D HOLY SHIT! Did he just do that??? This is why I love this game so much. As I said great job on the new rom and I look forward to playing it some more.

just dropped a beatdown week 1 against KC...I think this is the most points I've scored on this hack.

Reed had 5 of the ints, 1 TD...Cassel kept forcing it to Bowe in the middle.

post-3789-13413725526831_thumb.jpg

just finished a regular season (5 min Q, no reset) with CAR. here's the breakdown:

I used default CAR playbook (lazy)

record 10-6 (wild card playoff spot)

411 pfor - 391 pagainst
31st total offense - 1413 pass (32), 2352 rush (2)
1st total defense - 1652 pass (1), 1734 rush (27)

delhomme, 12/12 (TD/INT), 63.2%, 1413, 49 yds rush (1 TD)

d williams, 1298, 8.1 ypc, 17/0 TD

j stewart, 944, 7.3 ypc, 17/2 TD

s smith, 422, 18.3 ypr, 4 TD

peppers 12 sacks
beason 10 sacks

7 team ints
3 team punt return td (this version has punt coverage boosts cut in half)
0 team kick return td

we'll see if I can make it to the super bowl with this one...I doubt it.

hot damn, I finally won the super bowl on this hack.

here's the playoff breakdown:

---Playoffs---

wild card (16-10) def ARZ (overtime)

peppers returns hightower fumble for TD in overtime (Peppers MVP)

peppers 3 sacks

d williams 60 yds

2nd game (45-21) def CHI

peppers returned CHI fumble 60 yds for TD

peppers 2 sacks

j stewart 17-185, 4 total TD

nfc championship (31-21) def NYG

t davis returns NYG fumble 80 yds in 4th Q for TD

peppers 3 sacks

delhomme 87%, 184, 2TD, 0 int

DEF held NYG to: 8-86 rush, 114-1 int pass

j stewart

super bowl (24-21) def DEN (overtime)

nail diggs blocks DEN FG in OT, runs back to 20

team rush: 18-101

peppers 3 sacks

delhomme 71% 189 yds, 2 TD

just dropped a beat down week 1 against KC (70-0)...I think this is the most points I've scored on this hack.

10/28/09 @ 1259am

hot damn, I finally won the super bowl on this hack.

10/28/09 @ 1122pm

The time line it took you to play an entire season is more impressive than 70-0 beat down or winning the SB with your insanely hard hack! :D

I am jealous of your free time.