Buck's TSB 09-10 ROM (new plays!) EOS UL Feb 27

buck

Wow, Buck! I finally got around to editing Pro Bowl Rosters. Your spreadsheet is hot! If you haven't made that public, you'd make a lot of people cream themselves for it. I'm sure some of you MFers have some awesome spreadsheets lying around that make ROM designing easier. You have no idea how cool these spreadsheets are. Jeid's, yours, etc. These things get the numbers geek in us pumped, particularly when it's organized so well. Anyhoo, great job on this spreadsheet, dude. :thumbsup:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have tweaked your sim data and you did it just right. You know how I know? I simmed an entire season and the playoff bracket matched the real playoff bracket from the actual NFL season! :) I don't think I've ever had that happen in my TSB career. Impressive sir! ;)

I've never seen that either. Usually, at least half the teams that "should" make it, do.

You must have tweaked your sim data and you did it just right. You know how I know? I simmed an entire season and the playoff bracket matched the real playoff bracket from the actual NFL season! :) I don't think I've ever had that happen in my TSB career. Impressive sir! ;)

I've never seen that either. Usually, at least half the teams that "should" make it, do.

This is very hard to do unless you make all the playoff teams at least 4 or 5 points higher in both O and D than all the other teams, but that usually just doesn't seem right. I do always make sure their totals are higher, but the best of the also rans are usually only a point or two behind.

I think I prefer it to be close, because this way a lot of teams that were very close to making the playoffs often do when you sim. It could make for some interesting "what if" scenarios.

I think I prefer it to be close, because this way a lot of teams that were very close to making the playoffs often do when you sim. It could make for some interesting "what if" scenarios.

I'm with you BO. I'm a big believer of the "any given day" and "we came together at the right time" theories as to why some teams succeed while others don't. I think NFL teams are a hell of lot closer than the average fan really thinks. I also think that's what makes winning so special.

And, like I said, I've never seen TSB sim a season that resembled the real one identically. I've done 4 sims today of Buck's rom and the first 1 was perfect while the last 3 only had half of the real teams represented like Buck said usually happens. By the way, SD beat ARZ in the 1st SB sim so it went sideways after the perfect bracket.

Like I said, from what I've seen (simmed) about half of the real playoff usually teams make this ROMs playoffs.

The only teams on this ROM that have "inflated" team sim stats are Saints and Colts.

I prefer about 50% realism.

I'm with you BO. I'm a big believer of the "any given day" and "we came together at the right time" theories as to why some teams succeed while others don't. I think NFL teams are a hell of lot closer than the average fan really thinks. I also think that's what makes winning so special.

And, like I said, I've never seen TSB sim a season that resembled the real one identically. I've done 4 sims today of Buck's rom and the first 1 was perfect while the last 3 only had half of the real teams represented like Buck said usually happens. By the way, SD beat ARZ in the 1st SB sim so it went sideways after the perfect bracket.

Like I said, from what I've seen (simmed) about half of the real playoff usually teams make this ROMs playoffs.

The only teams on this ROM that have "inflated" team sim stats are Saints and Colts.

I prefer about 50% realism.

I actually just worked out my team sim stats last night. On a scale of 1 to 15 the Saints already come out to 15 in O. Their D was like 8 or something, so I bumped that up to 11. The Colts came out 11-10 so they needed a boost - made them 13-12. Those totals are 26 and 25. I then made the Vikings and Jets come out to 24, and it went down from there. I'm not going to sim though until I'm done with everything else.

I based sim ratings on PFR's Simple Rating System, then adjusted based on playoff performance and/or number of wins.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 26, 2010 This is it. I'm done with this.

See bottom of first post in this thread for new downloads. New "Loaded" and new "Vanilla" versions.

Buck TSB 09-10 EOS UL

The Tecmo Super Bowl ROM for all play styles! MAN v MAN, MAN v COM, COACH, etc.

Recent Adjustments:

Added JSTOUTs 'Ultra Logic' - basically, COM defense picks your play a bit more and tries to 'learn'.

Graphical Tweaks - Check Season Leaders

Updated some rosters and sim stats

Updated some ratings

"Vanilla" updated as well (no 'Ultra Logic', though)

PS - there's some suckers out there trying to PIMP ONE PARTICULAR STYLE of TSB (namely "Coach") - don't believe the HYPE.

That shit is a fall-back spin. Come correct, suckers.

Feb 26, 2010 This is it. I'm done with this.

See bottom of first post in this thread for new downloads. New "Loaded" and new "Vanilla" versions.

Buck TSB 09-10 EOS UL

The Tecmo Super Bowl ROM for all play styles! MAN v MAN, MAN v COM, COACH, etc.

Recent Adjustments:

Added JSTOUTs 'Ultra Logic' - basically, COM defense picks your play a bit more and tries to 'learn'.

Graphical Tweaks - Check Season Leaders

Updated some rosters and sim stats

Updated some ratings

"Vanilla" updated as well (no 'Ultra Logic', though)

PS - there's some suckers out there trying to PIMP ONE PARTICULAR STYLE of TSB (namely "Coach") - don't believe the HYPE.

That shit is a fall-back spin. Come correct, suckers.

Hey SBlueman, what's up?

I've messed around a little bit with the 3-4 and 4-3 defense thing - there's a lot of stuff that has to be copied and moved around. I've tried it twice, but there's always something that goes wrong.

If I were using default playbooks, it would be a piece of cake...but the info jstout has given isn't enough for me to make it work - there's something missing or something I'm not copying right. And I haven't attempted to bug him about it.

It would be awesome, though. I think it would make the rom perfect. In theory it should work. I might look at it again tonight or tomorrow.

Can this also be setup to incorporate 4-3 defenses? These would be the 4-3 teams from last year: ATL, BUF, CAR, CHI, CIN, DET, HOU, JAX, MIA, MIN, NO, NYG, OAK, PHI, SEA, STL, TB, TEN, WAS

Buck, I will start by saying that I'm still doing your homework assignment (studying player ratings and how they work) so I'm probably a little early in to ask but I couldn't wait. It seems like you don't like AP and love CJ and Rice. I know when I sort them by Total Points it's not really the best way to look at players but AP is #36 on the Total Points. I also know BO was a 20 something in Total Points on the original TSB but I still don't get it. I will agree with AP's 31 BC and may even think that's a little high. This group of 6 RB's are in order from #1 to #6 and were sorted by MS, HP, then Total Points.

Anyway, I was just wondering your thoughts process here.

NFL, POS, PLAYER NAME, RS, RP, MS, HP, BC, REC, TOTAL, [RUSH, CATCH, PR, KR]

TEN, RB2, chris JOHNSON, 94, 81, 69, 38, 69, 31, 382, [10, 3, 11, 7]

MIN, RB2, adrian PETERSON, 38, 69, 63, 69, 31, 19, 289, [7, 1, 8, 3]

CAR, RB1, d. WILLIAMS, 38, 69, 63, 44, 44, 25, 283, [6, 1, 6, 3]

BAL, RB1, ray RICE, 75, 81, 56, 75, 88, 56, 431, [6, 5, 6, 5]

STL, RB1, steven JACKSON, 44, 75, 56, 75, 50, 31, 331, [6, 2, 3, 12 ]

By the way, my group of guys came over again last night. They still bitch about your new plays, annoys me constantly, but they feel your player ratings seem very close to reality. I went 8-0. :mrgreen:

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking...? I don't really know what 'total points' is.

Check it - AP is 2nd fastest and has high HP - deadly combo - especially when he gets in good or excellent.

Thing about AP is: he fumbled like crazy and can't catch. So that's where the so called 'total points' have gone missing, I guess. So, run out of bounds with him and don't throw to him and you have probably the best back on the game.

*btw, the ratings you posted are from an old version.

Buck, I will start by saying that I'm still doing your homework assignment (studying player ratings and how they work) so I'm probably a little early in to ask but I couldn't wait. It seems like you don't like AP and love CJ and Rice. I know when I sort them by Total Points it's not really the best way to look at players but AP is #36 on the Total Points. I also know BO was a 20 something in Total Points on the original TSB but I still don't get it. I will agree with AP's 31 BC and may even think that's a little high. This group of 6 RB's are in order from #1 to #6 and were sorted by MS, HP, then Total Points.

Anyway, I was just wondering your thoughts process here.

NFL, POS, PLAYER NAME, RS, RP, MS, HP, BC, REC, TOTAL, [RUSH, CATCH, PR, KR]

TEN, RB2, chris JOHNSON, 94, 81, 69, 38, 69, 31, 382, [10, 3, 11, 7]

MIN, RB2, adrian PETERSON, 38, 69, 63, 69, 31, 19, 289, [7, 1, 8, 3]

CAR, RB1, d. WILLIAMS, 38, 69, 63, 44, 44, 25, 283, [6, 1, 6, 3]

BAL, RB1, ray RICE, 75, 81, 56, 75, 88, 56, 431, [6, 5, 6, 5]

STL, RB1, steven JACKSON, 44, 75, 56, 75, 50, 31, 331, [6, 2, 3, 12 ]

By the way, my group of guys came over again last night. They still bitch about your new plays, annoys me constantly, but they feel your player ratings seem very close to reality. I went 8-0. :mrgreen:

I don't really know what 'total points' is. *btw, the ratings you posted are from an old version.

Total Points is simply me having the Excel spread sheet tally the points from each player trait into one grand total.

And, those stats are from your EOS Vanilla release right before your Feb27 release so I guess you're right.

Thanks.

Well, that's not really a very good way to judge things - because RS and RP don't mean much (compared to MS and HP (if HP hack used)). They do change things a little bit (like quick cutting and stuff) but overall, MS is the key and I wouldn't be weighting RS or RP the same as MS.

I don't really know what 'total points' is. *btw, the ratings you posted are from an old version.

Total Points is simply me having the Excel spread sheet tally the points from each player trait into one grand total.

And, those stats are from your EOS Vanilla release right before your Feb27 release so I guess you're right.

Thanks.

that's a good point. it should make it tougher.

I need to try a challenge.

Hey that logic thing would be good for regular play, but if you are trying to complete some sort of running or passing challenge won't that make it almost impossible?

started the LT2 challenge season, 4 games in. pretty tough. had to change a rule after game two.

gotta take a break - maybe for a week - I should be playing original TSB since the tournament is coming up - or my SNES league games, too.

rules:

only running LT default plays (except RUN 3 - can change to whatever)

no punting

no field goals

no returning kicks past 20

no returning punts forward (or past 20)

no returning turnovers forward

no blocking XPs

if he gets injured, either punt away or reset game

RUSH	YDS	TD	FUMB	SCORE	COND	

31 299 4 1 28-24 AVG W

39 205 1 1 7-14 AVG L

29 330 6 0 42-7 GOOD W

41 245 2 1 14-28 AVG L