Buck's TSB 09-10 ROM (new plays!) EOS UL Feb 27

buck

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys;

I love this room but...please Why i can't make a solo tackle? In other rooms it was easy to me (againts COM) but here i always miss the receiver or the RB after a second during the player are 'fighting'.

I'va changed A and B keys in the keyboard but it continues being the same for me, any tips or help? Thanks!

Regards!!

Hi Buck, can't wait for the new update!

yes, sir. the update is going nicely.

4 or 5 new/modified plays/formations. Adjusted the coverage/defensive reactions of a few plays. Adjusted ratings, team playbooks. I just need to keep bug-testing it for a couple of days before I release it.

I have noticed you have Chris Johnson as #29 on the 'LAST' update, instead of his #28. FYI. And I am intersested in how you adjust his ratings, as he has possibly proven to be the best all around RB in the league in my Humble opinion!

RB2, chris JOHNSON, Face=0xbe, #28, 94, 81, 69, 38, 63, 25 ,[10, 3, 10, 7 ]

=freaky

and he's the only 69 MS back.

Hi guys;

I love this room but...please Why i can't make a solo tackle? In other rooms it was easy to me (againts COM) but here i always miss the receiver or the RB after a second during the player are 'fighting'.

I'va changed A and B keys in the keyboard but it continues being the same for me, any tips or help? Thanks!

Regards!!

press A to win grapples. As fast as you can, press A.

Hey buck, I'm new here but this ROM is awesome!

This is nitpicking for sure - but as a Packers fan, I'd be thrilled if in this new "LAST" update that you're apparently working on you put the "d" back in "Rodgers" for Aaron Rodgers. Right now he's just Rogers - which frankly is still a million times better than Majkowski - but it'd make my day :lol:

Otherwise this thing freakin' rocks! Thanks for all your work!

Hey buck, I'm new here but this ROM is awesome!

This is nitpicking for sure - but as a Packers fan, I'd be thrilled if in this new "LAST" update that you're apparently working on you put the "d" back in "Rodgers" for Aaron Rodgers. Right now he's just Rogers - which frankly is still a million times better than Majkowski - but it'd make my day :lol:

Otherwise this thing freakin' rocks! Thanks for all your work!

Damn, sorry about Rodgers...don't know how I messed that up (and that I never saw it), thanks.

If you like this version, the next one is definitely a notch better. Better ratings, sims, tweaked some defensive reactions, and new plays/formation tweaks - modified the T (the 'T' was never really meant for this rom, it was meant for Time Machine 2...)

it is now possible to have entire an playbook of shotguns - if you mix SGT and SG.

It's basically done, and I've been sim-testing (Chris Johnson usually barely breaks 2k rushing yards) and playing games here and there, testing it MAN v MAN, etc. But I'm busy as hell right now and haven't had time to totally say "go". anyways... :lol:

Awesome!

Seriously, take your time man. You've already done all of us a huge and ridiculous favor by working on this. My buddy and I are beyond stoked to be playing this my Wii. We've played at least one game of TSB against eachother pretty much every time we've hung out since 4th grade (so basically once a week for 16 years). I hadn't thought to look for hacked versions of this like I have for Mario games as I didn't think there were people out there as obsessed as us. Then I read in Game Informer's top 200 games of all time list that people still uploaded updated rosters for this game online and I found this. You've totally breathed new life into TSB for us. Simply awesome. Hopefully we'll still be playing 16 years from now :lol:

Awesome!

Seriously, take your time man. You've already done all of us a huge and ridiculous favor by working on this. My buddy and I are beyond stoked to be playing this my Wii. We've played at least one game of TSB against eachother pretty much every time we've hung out since 4th grade (so basically once a week for 16 years). I hadn't thought to look for hacked versions of this like I have for Mario games as I didn't think there were people out there as obsessed as us. Then I read in Game Informer's top 200 games of all time list that people still uploaded updated rosters for this game online and I found this. You've totally breathed new life into TSB for us. Simply awesome. Hopefully we'll still be playing 16 years from now :lol:

do you guys play with the "Loaded" version or the "vanilla"? I say this because I've been mainly focusing on the "Loaded" and it would take extra time to dump all the junk I've done to "vanilla" version. I and my friends only play "loaded" version.

buck I've only tried the loaded version. Am I understanding correctly that the vanilla version would basically be close to the original TSB except with updated rosters/attributes? I was thinking it'd be fun to have this modified version but also have an absolutely straight laced version where the ONLY changes were the rosters, attributes, and 32 teams. Maybe that's not even possible anymore at this point. That would be the only "vanilla" version that I would be interested in. Again, NO changes besides teams attributes and rosters. Maybe a version like this already exists? I don't know I just got here :lol:

Either way, kudos for what you have done, I don't expect anybody to waste their time pandering to my own whimsical TSB desires!

Yeah in that case I wouldn't worry about posting a new vanilla version. Do you know if a just plain straight up version of TSB with updated Rosters/Attributes/32 teams/original playbooks has ever been made?

I know the original playbooks and no adjustable quarter length would seem like a step back for many people - just curious if it's ever been done.

... just thot i'd chime-in here quick, b4 the next, highly-anticipated update swings our way!!! :lol:

Enjoyed a season w/ your LAST (Loaded) update, Buck, using the Falcons; even getting whooped by my hometown Vikings, 49-24, in the divisional playoffs!!... (AP just lambasted me, scoring all 7 of their TDs, incl. 1 on a fumbled kickoff-return he'd picked-up.)

More recently, tho, won-it-all w/ the Cards: had to win the last 3 games to finish 10-6, & entered the playoffs as the NFC's bottom seed (don't even know how i made the playoffs!!!... somehow, finished 3rd in the West - behind the 9ers, & Seahawks - while 3 other NFC teams went 10-6, too, but got bumped; so, just my luck!), then walloped our conference foes - the Vikings, N.O. & S.F. - b4 taking-it to those Nati Cats, 41-17!!!

(Would have to say Boldin was our mvp, too... Go Cards!!!!)

Lookin forward to your next up-date, dude

I hadn't played this game for years, but got a hankering for it a few weeks ago. Then I found this site. I've been floored. I had no idea there was such a devout following. Buck, thanks so much for making a game I loved years ago fresh again.

A few comments...

Dustin Keller of the Jets is black!

I find the wildcat to be a little too effective vs. COM. Even when the opposition expects it, I outrun the wild pack chasing me for big yardage. Any way to fix that? Thomas Jones in general is a monster for me, racking up NFL record yardage season after season, but I attribute that to my dodging skills :lol:

The passing game on both sides seems to be pretty fair. COM is maybe a little too inaccurate, but maybe it's just because they throw to double covered guys rather than uncovered guys too often.

I think others have mentioned this, but I wish opposition running games were more realistic. Either they get nothing or they break it open for 80 yards. My fastest guy can never catch up to a running back who has broken free. If he tries to grapple him early, he usually gets bounced off. Dive tackles are too easily dodged if the runner is in open space. It's kind of frustrating to be winning shootouts all the time but still giving up 200+ yards of rushing over and over. It would be nice if there were fewer huge run breakouts. Any way to deal with this in a hack? It's possible that I'm just not defending the run well enough, but I've really tried just about everything. Is it just that I'm using the Jets? Maybe just make Revis a little faster so I have a shot at chasing someone down over 80 yards? He has turned into one of the League's best CBs after all. Sorry if this is an annoying unrealistic noob question. I appreciate everything you've done. Your playbooks in particular are amazing.

I hadn't played this game for years, but got a hankering for it a few weeks ago. Then I found this site. I've been floored. I had no idea there was such a devout following. Buck, thanks so much for making a game I loved years ago fresh again.

A few comments...

Dustin Keller of the Jets is black!

I find the wildcat to be a little too effective vs. COM. Even when the opposition expects it, I outrun the wild pack chasing me for big yardage. Any way to fix that? Thomas Jones in general is a monster for me, racking up NFL record yardage season after season, but I attribute that to my dodging skills :lol:

The passing game on both sides seems to be pretty fair. COM is maybe a little too inaccurate, but maybe it's just because they throw to double covered guys rather than uncovered guys too often.

I think others have mentioned this, but I wish opposition running games were more realistic. Either they get nothing or they break it open for 80 yards. My fastest guy can never catch up to a running back who has broken free. If he tries to grapple him early, he usually gets bounced off. Dive tackles are too easily dodged if the runner is in open space. It's kind of frustrating to be winning shootouts all the time but still giving up 200+ yards of rushing over and over. It would be nice if there were fewer huge run breakouts. Any way to deal with this in a hack? It's possible that I'm just not defending the run well enough, but I've really tried just about everything. Is it just that I'm using the Jets? Maybe just make Revis a little faster so I have a shot at chasing someone down over 80 yards? He has turned into one of the League's best CBs after all. Sorry if this is an annoying unrealistic noob question. I appreciate everything you've done. Your playbooks in particular are amazing.

I understand what you're saying.

But see, if I make COM any slower, they will never even score on me. I already think it's easy as it is. sure, guys will break a long one here and there, but overall I shut COM down. Revis has been slightly updated since the last version.

COM is very retarded. COM needs boosts to be competitive.

I understand what you're saying.

But see, if I make COM any slower, they will never even score on me. I already think it's easy as it is. sure, guys will break a long one here and there, but overall I shut COM down. Revis has been slightly updated since the last version.

COM is very retarded. COM needs boosts to be competitive.

Fair enough. Thanks for the response!

Also - I keep getting "CPU Jam" error messages in Nestopia. It's happening on the Loaded version in Week 8 when the Jets play the Dolphins. On the first play of the game after the kickoff and return, it happens either when the Dolphins (COM) receive, right when it's going to the play selection screen for the first time, or when the Jets (I) receive, right after selecting the first play. Is there perhaps an error in the code somewhere? No idea whether these things are easy to find.

EDIT: It's not always happening at those exact times, but it's always happening somewhere between the kickoff and the end of the first play. The Nestopia log file has lots of entries like "Cpu: warning, SHX opcode executed" (or RLA opcode, or DCP opcode, etc.)

RE-EDIT: I restarted the season and got through the Miami game, but now the identical thing is happening in the next game against Jacksonville.

new loaded version now available (newer plays, etc)

- see 1st post for DOWNLOAD and NOTES

RE - CPU jam guy: I'm not having any problems with it...there may of been some weird code on the kick return stuff on the version you have (still, I've not had any problems), but the kick return code has been checked and I think everything should be OK. Try it again.

8)

crazy ARZ game!

I'm playing a season with cardinals, In week 9, I'm 5-2 playing bears.

* my offense doesn't even come on the field until 4th quarter, like I didn't even PUNT until the 4th quarter... *

here's the breakdown:

42-0 over chi week 9

1. wright returns opening kickoff for TD

2. breaston returns punt for TD +50

3. breaston returns punt for TD +50

4. wilson returns int for TD +50

5. dansby returns fumble for TD +80

-end of 3rd- (offense was never on field for 1st 3 quarters!)

arz punt

arz punt

arz punt

arz punt

6. mcfadden returns int for TD +40 as time expires

end of game

ARZ: runs 0-0, pass 0-0

CHI: runs 11-19, pass 50%, 232, 3 int

so, after my offense wasn't on the field for so long, I decided to punt it away for the rest of the 4th. I never ran an offensive play.

post-3789-13413725601966_thumb.jpg

Hey, Buck; enjoyin rockin-out a bunch of seasons (1 at work, + "1" at home) on your 12/17 ROM... incl., with the Dolphins, and (for my 1st time ever - on any tsb - i believe) 2 different teams at once, the Bengals + Saints (partly, since they don't play each other in the regular season, +, if they do both make-it to the Big Show at the same time, i already decided i'll use the Bengals; to 'Honor' their recently-Departed... Henry).

"For the record", the 'phins + Saints've both been crazy-great for me, in terms especially of their int./returns ability (with Y. Bell + D. Sharper, respectively: they both have 100+ return-yards, + a TD in the 1st qtr.-season played, already)...

Especially enjoyed R. Bush's 99-yard punt-return TD, too, my last game - wk. 4 - in which Reggie also led everybody in receiving-yards (72, +1 TD)

... alright; gonna get-bak 2dat 8)