Buck's TSB 09-10 ROM (new plays!) EOS UL Feb 27

buck

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this was already mentioned but is there a version of this with the original version of tecmo super bowl?

Dude, you are really in the wrong spot! This rom will kick your ass sideways if you are looking to play a version like the original. It looks similar, that's it! Run away!

Go to "Board Index" and scroll down to the "Download" section... get Knobbe's or Jeid1's if you want close to original game play. Buck's rom is like Fight Club in comparison.

started the LT2 challenge season, 4 games in. pretty tough.

I tried this for kicks. You're sick bordering on masochist! I could barely get a first down! :mrgreen: And, you lost in Wisconsin?!! Wow, I must really suck. 8)

Go to "Board Index" and scroll down to the "Download" section... get Knobbe's or Jeid1's if you want close to original game play. Buck's rom is like Fight Club in comparison.

it's only different when playing against the COM.

I tried this for kicks. You're sick bordering on masochist! I could barely get a first down! :mrgreen: And, you lost in Wisconsin?!! Wow, I must really suck. 8)

I picked a seriously retarded/uneven matchup against a guy who knows ways to blow up plays that I've never seen before (and was an arrow-trick fiend - that was my first time really dealing with that). I learned a few things about TSB and myself, playing Mort.

In the tourney thread I asked these questions but didn't get any love back. So, I'll ask you because I'm guessing you know the answers.

1. What's the "arrow trick"?

2. What's the "Hector CC"?

And, don't you hate when you're forced to "learn about yourself" by others?! :mrgreen: I'm with you, F PHX!

arrow trick = when passing, press A right after you press B (right after you pass) and the arrow will switch to another receiver while the ball is in the air...confused the hell out of me one time, because the guy was running R&S pass 2, had both receivers on top open, threw it to the guy on top (deep) and switched the arrow to the short receiver, burned me for a 60 yd TD.

hector cc = a covered catch made by johnny hector of NYJ.

In the tourney thread I asked these questions but didn't get any love back. So, I'll ask you because I'm guessing you know the answers.

1. What's the "arrow trick"?

2. What's the "Hector CC"?

And, don't you hate when you're forced to "learn about yourself" by others?! :mrgreen: I'm with you, F PHX!

• 1 month later...

Went 8-8 my first time-off w/ the league-worst Rams. It's a bitch to win with them; but Jackson is a beast (26 total TDs; exactly the same as my previous season w/ T. Jones of the Jets!!). QB Boller ran for 5 TDs, and Atogwe had 2 pick-6s. Other than that, not much to say about them Rams... (Did miss the playoffs, too :D:) )

• 1 month later...

Just registered to say this rom rocks so hard. What better way to kill the 3 months time until NFL season starts? Thanks buck for all your hard work. The only other thing I'm gonna toss out here is that the wait for TSB Time Machine version 2 is like Favre-watch. Is the project retired? A resounding maybe.

hey thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

2010 rom is in the works...I'm working on better (faster) gameplay and replacing the PRO formation and replacing/tweaking some of the other playbooks - maybe a 15% change - I don't wanna change too much because I really like how most of it works together and it helps to 'get to know' the playbooks/plays.

regarding Time Machine 2 - it is probably 85% finished - I took some time off (almost a year???) to make the 2009 rom - but I need to get back to it and finish it - it's a fun one.

Just registered to say this rom rocks so hard. What better way to kill the 3 months time until NFL season starts? Thanks buck for all your hard work. The only other thing I'm gonna toss out here is that the wait for TSB Time Machine version 2 is like Favre-watch. Is the project retired? A resounding maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking forward to your 2010 release like I used to when I was a kid waitng for 'real' games to come out. And by 'real' I mean it simply as a formality- I have been playing your 09 rom non-stop...what a gift!

When do you anticipate the first 10 version?

Also, you mentioned an increase in gameplay. By this do you mean that your 09, for example, was based on TSB's original gameplay speed physics, and now you plan on speeding it up? Just curious, as I worry that you are trying to fix something that ain't broke!

Again, your work is appreciated.

Hi, I was just working on my 2010 ROM today. I've recently added a "inverted" singleback (RB2 is offset and the single-back, RB1 is flanked) with 3 runs and 2 passes so far; removed PRO SET; removed W-CAT Run 4; tweaked the R & S runs (now they're handoffs), and some other things....tweaking some of the sequences/routes and defense reactions with the existing '09 ROM plays. Currently working on a "Goal-line" set and plays; then I hope to add a couple of WR screens (run plays) - though I'm not sure what formation they will be out of, yet.

Yeah, I'm speeding it up. We really like it (my friend that plays MAN v MAN with me) - however, I'm not totally sure about the 'speed up' quite yet...I need to tweak some more factors (actually find out where to tweak them) and then I'll know for sure.

The way I work on the ROM, I modify it every day or two (and two or three times a day). It probably won't be released until the week before NFL season starts. But once it gets close to being 'done' I can email you a version to test out.

I am looking forward to your 2010 release like I used to when I was a kid waitng for 'real' games to come out. And by 'real' I mean it simply as a formality- I have been playing your 09 rom non-stop...what a gift!

When do you anticipate the first 10 version?

Also, you mentioned an increase in gameplay. By this do you mean that your 09, for example, was based on TSB's original gameplay speed physics, and now you plan on speeding it up? Just curious, as I worry that you are trying to fix something that ain't broke!

Again, your work is appreciated.

Cool. I really like the playbook updates. Although I'm not sold on the speed up thing yet, I like that you are modernizing the playbooks a bit as some of the formations are obviously a thing of the past with pro set split backs, etc. I always was a bit thrown off when I would be a CJ or AP type and they would be part of split backs or something when in today's game only some teams use a two rb set in the backfield. I definitely look forward to that advanced copy, and if you have anything available before 8/21 by any chance, I will be hosting a FF draft on that day with an annual Tecmo tourney with the league mates. They love what you've done with the place!

Have a good 4th forum!

• 1 month later...
HEY BUCK,

Get off the farm, already!!...

Kans-ass dumb'fukkk.

u really are one helluva cunt-ass bitch, ain't u, dickhead:

can dish it out, but u sure can't take it.

well anyway - between your crack addiction and what-such - enjoy douchin' yourself this-evening...

LOSER.

post-3789-13413728337637_thumb.jpg

oh hell yes the 2010 ROM is coming (been working on it since March). I promise it will be ready before the regular season starts. The "physics" are a bit different - meaning that the rating system is changed to match the "physics" (ie, typical offensive RP is 25-44, as well as any other rating that's "speed-based"). Don't worry, it still feels like TSB, only faster overall.

It's about 95% there. And I am currently working on "documentation".

Here's a teaser of the new playbooks/formations (I still use the OG "play pick" style) - as you can see, the playbooks are based on my plays from 2009 ROM. even though some of the plays look the same as the 2009 version, the defensive reactions are changed as well as the COM autonomy and blocking schemes.

Formations:

Offset I

Inverted Offset I

1 Back

1 Back 2 (Alt)

4 Wide Receivers

2 Tight Ends

L Formation

Goal Line

Trips

5 Wide Receivers

Shotgun

Shotgun Two Backs

Wild Cat

post-3789-13413728340668_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413728345354_thumb.jpg

Nice. I love that more roms will be coming soon. I have one request that you usually do anyway. Can you make a vanilla or pussy version as well? I think you did last year too. 3 versions if memory serves. Then you can unleash the hounds with your ridiculously hard rom where I can't get 100 yards rushing with AP if my life depended on it.

Really impressed by how sharp the play art for the play select screen is. Very crisp and clean and really does look professional as if these plays were already from the original playbooks if not better. I've noticed in some of last years roms with new plays (maybe even yours, can't remember) you mostly knew where the play was going but the play art didn't fully show exactly where a run was going or intended to go. Wasn't a big deal but man I give you mad props on the work with that and am looking forward to trying this years version out.

Really impressed by how sharp the play art for the play select screen is. Very crisp and clean and really does look professional as if these plays were already from the original playbooks if not better. I've noticed in some of last years roms with new plays (maybe even yours, can't remember) you mostly knew where the play was going but the play art didn't fully show exactly where a run was going or intended to go. Wasn't a big deal but man I give you mad props on the work with that and am looking forward to trying this years version out.

actually, some of those up there could be a bit better. I'll see what I can do to make a couple of them more correct. thanks for the nudge.

the problem is that there are only so many pre-made play-graphic "tiles" to arrange. some things are almost impossible to pull off, you have to be creative.

Liking the sound of the new plays, particularly the screens and the hats plays. It always bugged me that the most effective run plays were all pitches to the outside.

For the "returning" plays, have you done any tweaking? I know to some extent Tecmo is a lot like rock, paper, scissors where if you pick your plays right, you can call one and defend against another while leaving yourself open against the third option in a formation. But in the '09 rom, some plays can be completely identified and blown up due to either gaping holes in the offensive line or general weaknesses in the design. For example, the single back off-tackle up play can be blown up simply by picking the RILB and running him straight through the o-line unblocked and slide-tackling the hand-off for a loss. And since it's pretty easy to distinguish OT up from OT down and OT dive, and the RILB can contain those plays fairly easily to begin with, the formation becomes one of the weakest in the '09 rom. I can pick pass every time while covering every run play with the RILB. However, if you've tweaked it so that the hand-offs look the same or the RILB cannot effectively cover every option, then the formation becomes useful.

Liking the sound of the new plays, particularly the screens and the hats plays. It always bugged me that the most effective run plays were all pitches to the outside.

For the "returning" plays, have you done any tweaking? I know to some extent Tecmo is a lot like rock, paper, scissors where if you pick your plays right, you can call one and defend against another while leaving yourself open against the third option in a formation. But in the '09 rom, some plays can be completely identified and blown up due to either gaping holes in the offensive line or general weaknesses in the design. For example, the single back off-tackle up play can be blown up simply by picking the RILB and running him straight through the o-line unblocked and slide-tackling the hand-off for a loss. And since it's pretty easy to distinguish OT up from OT down and OT dive, and the RILB can contain those plays fairly easily to begin with, the formation becomes one of the weakest in the '09 rom. I can pick pass every time while covering every run play with the RILB. However, if you've tweaked it so that the hand-offs look the same or the RILB cannot effectively cover every option, then the formation becomes useful.

that's interesting information. even if you're using a "poor" RILB? I will look into that. what are other problems you've seen? let me know and I can try to address them.

by the way, check out the new version and comment about those plays - feel free to tell me about the gaping holes or other weaknesses. (remember that not every play is supposed to be fool-proof, though.)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13747

that's interesting information. even if you're using a "poor" RILB? I will look into that. what are other problems you've seen? let me know and I can try to address them.

by the way, check out the new version and comment about those plays - feel free to tell me about the gaping holes or other weaknesses. (remember that not every play is supposed to be fool-proof, though.)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13747

OK. unsmart was right, those plays can get blown up by a RILB. I "fixed" them - modified the blocking and RB1 route for the run 1 "1B OT UP" so that the RILB gets blocked - also changed the "1B PA FLYS" playaction pass that goes with it. Also changed the blocking on Run 2 "1B SW DN" so that the RILB gets picked up everytime (was only 2 of 8 times).

These refinements will be included in the next update of my 2010 "high speed" ROM.

Thanks unsmart.