Buck's TSB 09-10 ROM (new plays!) EOS UL Feb 27

buck

yeah, Maroney usually has big games against me, too. For COM guys you're having a tough time bringing down, I suggest setting them up and diving straight at them, from the front usually. You may give up a few more yards setting them up for the dive, but at least they're not long-gone. Anyways, don't forget - to win a grapple, TAP A as fast as you can!

COM uses same HP as MAN, except they get a random number (0-15) of extra presses thrown in.

Great job on the rom buck, one of the best out there. I love the new plays!!!! Tecmo is actually a challenge now, lol. I used to know how to edit the D reactions but I forgot, its been a while since I was on here. I had to make a new name, forgot the old one. I only played a few preseason games, and they were all close. I will have to start a season. My very first game I played I got kinda frustrated. I was the Titans against the Pats, and I lost 34-17 in preseason! I could not stop the run with the new HP for the COM. Maroney had 334 yards. Is there any way to lower the HP for the COM a little, every time I grab a guy to bring him down 99% of the time he throws me and off they go, lol. Other than that I like everything else. Good job.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. If you think "Loaded" is too hard, download and play "Vanilla" - it's basically the original difficulty with no HP hack but with my updated playbooks.

RE: Saints Porter - he will be on the next update (I was lazy). Hopefully to be updated and available very very soon.

Great game, but really hard. Offense scores almost every play. Why no T. Porter with the Saints? Thanks for all your hard work.

ok, UPDATE TIME...I've been tweaking the on-filed numbers the last couple of days - see attached pic.

Version: EOS (end of season) Feb 12, 2010

other changes:

favre = 6ms

shonn greene = 50 ms

bumped fred jackson HP and REC

bumped greenway

...and other various rating tweaks

added tracy porter and other roster additions/subtractions - mainly defensive roster changes

HAVE FUN.

Vanilla is "easy"

Loaded is "tough"

post-3789-13413725848065_thumb.jpg

After that I'm not playing your rom anymore until you promise it is the last update!!

This is it - time to move on with other projects. Bye-Bye 09-10 ROM! I promise.

Ok, I'm doing the Jets running season right now with the Super Bowl update.

I recently did a Texans season (on Super Bowl version) only throwing to Andre Johnson every single play = fun as hell. Same rules as Jets Running season - no punts, no returns, no fg, default playbook, etc. I actually used him at WR2 most of the time - some nasty JJs.

record: 12-3-1 (lost in playoffs).

basic stats: 6410 receiving yds, 72 TD, 36 INT, 42% completion.

A. Johnson or Shaub never got hurt.

Here's the details:

REC	YARD	TD	INT	OUTCOME

8 351 4 1

15 469 5 1

13 409 4 6 LOSS

9 427 4 2

9 402 5 2

11 565 7 1

8 355 4 3 LOSS

11 359 5 3

8 353 4 5 TIE

13 269 4 2

7 301 3 3

12 429 4 1

12 343 4 1

5 336 4 1 LOSS

17 487 4 2

18 555 7 2

176 6410 72 36 TOTALS

11 400.6 4.5 2.25 36.4

CTH/GM YD/GM TD/GM INT/GM YPREC

SHAUB 416/176 15.4 AVG 42.30%

PLAYOFFS

LOST TO BENGALS 21-24

7 308 3 5

OTHER NOTES

506 POINTS FOR 31.6 PPG

305 POINTS AGAINST 19.1 PPG

1408 PASS DEF #1 88 YPG

1272 RUSH DEF #12 79.5 YPG

POLLARD 14 INTS

OTHER 8 INTS

RYANS 11 SACKS

OTHER 22 SACKS

Thanks for the update. I like how you incorporated some feedback.Especially mine. LOL. Just played Saints vs Vikings in preseason. And let me say the hacks make it tough to stop anyone. Thank god for percy harvin's return ability.

On 5 min QTR I beat the saints 42-28 but Pierre Thomas had 12 car for 215yds and 3 TDs. Luckily A. Peteerson Rushed for 274yds on 8 carries. I only had 10 offensive plays

You'll learn how to stop COM. I just went 11-5 with the freaking Browns (default playbook, yes I kicked FGs and returned stuff)...

RB J Harrison (38,69,44) led league in rushing with 1938 and 33 TDs.

Browns = #1 defense, #1 against pass (87 ypg) and #10 against rush (79 ypg).

Pts for: 28.5 ppg, Pts against: 15.3 ppg.

I haven't started the playoffs yet - but I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.

Regarding the feedback/ratings tweaks:

I'll pretend that Shonn Greene was in EXCELLENT in the playoffs this year.

Since Vikings didn't really have any stand-out defenders (besides Allen) I didn't see any harm in bumping Greenway.

Favre was supposed to be 6MS anyways.

I couldn't talk myself into giving F Jackson higher MS, but he did deserve a higher HP (to help break tackles) and higher REC.

All in all, thanks for the feedback - nobody else has really given me any regarding ratings.

enjoy. PS - I highly recommend MAN v MAN with this ROM.

Thanks for the update. I like how you incorporated some feedback.Especially mine. LOL. Just played Saints vs Vikings in preseason. And let me say the hacks make it tough to stop anyone. Thank god for percy harvin's return ability.

On 5 min QTR I beat the saints 42-28 but Pierre Thomas had 12 car for 215yds and 3 TDs. Luckily A. Peteerson Rushed for 274yds on 8 carries. I only had 10 offensive plays

You'll learn how to stop COM. I just went 11-5 with the freaking Browns (default playbook, yes I kicked FGs and returned stuff)...

Buck, when you say "default playbook" do you mean the original TSB playbook?! If you do and you have your latest rom with all the bells and whistles but WITH ORIGINAL PLAYBOOKS can you please post it! Pretty please?! :wink:

no, I mean default as in the same playbook that I have hard-coded for the team.

Let me see what I can do about the original playbooks.

Buck, when you say "default playbook" do you mean the original TSB playbook?! If you do and you have your latest rom with all the bells and whistles but WITH ORIGINAL PLAYBOOKS can you please post it! Pretty please?! :wink:

All in all, thanks for the feedback - nobody else has really given me any regarding ratings.

I love examining the player ratings on different roms so maybe I will take a look at yours EOS rom next. I have been going through drummer's last update lately. I'm new to this creating roms and find the player ratings the hardest part. I think drummer's use of Madden's rosters as his base seems to make the most sense to me. I've considered using Pro Reference or Pro Football Focus to come up with a base line for players. Anyway, I'd love to have you go into super detail about how you come up with your own player ratings.

well, the first thing I would suggest is to really look at or study the distribution of the original TSB ratings. group/sort players by position and also look at the overall team-rating distribution along with the minimums and maximums of the ratings.

the second thing you should do is understand what the ratings do. bruddog and BO understand ratings very well, with bruddog actually "deeply understanding" the game's math/physics behind the ratings.

third, after you basically understand the "rating system options", you should experiment and see what different rating combinations do (how they feel when playing the game against another player or COM).

to me , the most important ratings to understand are PassControl, PassAccuracy (if using PA hack -> ALL ROMS should use PA hack!), RECeptions, INTerceptions, and HittingPower.

there are certain thresholds, equations/relationships, and percentages for combinations of these ratings. I don't have time to write about all that stuff right now...

...I think bruddog should make (or compile a lot of the stuff he's already written before) a general writeup on ratings (un-biased, pure science)...maybe he will someday. for now, you'll have to dig through threads around here to find the science. :wink:

--

as far as actually assigning ratings to certain players, I use a combination of stats, team strengths, team record, hype, performance/highlights I've seen, and general intuition (or actual experience via testing) on how the game will play out against another player or in a season vs COM. (up to this point, all ROMs I've made use 69 for offense RP. - my next step is to dive into a rating system with variable offensive RP).

On Loaded EOS: Won the super Bowl with the Browns (11-5). Beat the Vikings 35-27 in Super Bowl ...I was up 28-27 (they kicked 2 FGs) and I ran back a last-second INT for a TD (for the bookies - to smash the spread :wink: )

Stats:

Quinn 28/51 6 TD/1 INT 583 yds, 7/27 rushing 1 TD

Anderson 46/83 11 TD/8 INT 1180 yds, 6/38 rushing 1 TD

Cribbs 30/207 2 TD rush, 10/106 3 TD rec, 34/799 2 TD KR, 20/386 2 TD PR

J Harrison 237/1938 33 TD rush, 20/280 2 TD rec

Massaquoi 19/617 8 TD rec

Furrey 17/550 2 TD rec

Royal 4/157 1 TD

J Davis 1 TD

Elam 8 INT 106 yds 1 TD

Pool 5 INT 96 yds 2 TD

Wright 5 INT

McDonald 5 INT

Dqwell Jackson 2 INT 2 TD

Barton 9 sacks

Browns = #1 defense, #1 against pass (87 ypg) and #10 against rush (79 ypg).

Pts for: 28.5 ppg, Pts against: 15.3 ppg.

Playoffs - beat TEN 14-7, beat MIA 16-14, beat IND 14-10, beat MIN 35-27

Anderson was QB for AFC playoff games, Quinn was QB for Super Bowl.

MVP = RB Jerome Harrison (38,69,44,50,50,25)

see screens

(When playing by myself against COM, I use fceux 2.1.1 - the best feature is when you hold down "Tab" key, it really speeds things up. I do it during kickoffs and cutscreens, and when simming weeks.)

post-3789-13413725850463_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413725851763_thumb.jpg

(When playing by myself against COM, I use fceux 2.1.1 - the best feature is when you hold down "Tab" key, it really speeds things up. I do it during kickoffs and cutscreens, and when simming weeks.)

wow, I just downloaded fceu. using the tab to speed up timing is amazingly fast! hah.

I usually use nestopia but this one seems to play better. The only thing is when I want to quit I have to press ctrl, alt, delte to bring up task manager. I have it on stretch to fit the screen. Even pressing Esc does nothing, lol. Oh well.

By the way Im liking your rom more and more. Getting used to the grapple hack. I wish all roms had it.

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER UPDATE

1. When I figure out and implement J Stout's "Logic" code.

2. Also graphic hacks on the league leaders screens (the silhouettes of the players will be an actual team color) - looks too cool to leave out - I've already done most of these.

check out these screens of the season leaders:

passing = manning

receiving = welker

rushing = CJ

scoring = kaeding

punting = lechler

sacks = dumerville

interceptions = sharper

punt ret = d jackson

kick ret = cribbs

post-3789-1341372585689_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413725858362_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413725859245_thumb.jpg

Just trial and error... it seems like the shins and feet are linked to be the same color as the forearms and hands. Still effective, though.

Haha. Totally. I was totally going to do this. I'm such a freak, though; I couldn't handle the funky palettes. Nice job, Buck. Instead, I made the text of the numbers in front of the gray silhouette backgrounds the color of the league leader.

Took N.O. to the super bowl, loved it. Bress threw for 50 tds and Bush broke a 1000 rushing. I was 14-2. I did have to let the computer play CAR in the playoffs though, Peppers was "excellent" and walked through everybody, it was awesome.

So let me through this out there. 10-11 fantasy season. Find the best mock draft you can (or do your own), move some FA like Peppers, TO, Brandon Marshall, maybe a block buster trade. Tebow to JAX running the wildcat. A few unknowns blow up, a few stars decline. I'd be glad to help with data if I could. I figure it's a lot of work but does this sound interesting? Thanks again, I'm really enjoying this.