MrNFL's 2009 SNES Tecmo Rom (Final Edition)

MrNFL

l_8d8481eccdf544d9b4c0653eb3c4b3fd.jpg

All right everyone, This is the final 2009 NFL season SNES Tecmo Rom edit.

Changes:

Rosters fully updated and ratings updated for players and teams.

The Cleveland Browns have taken the place of the Kansas City Chiefs. Unfortunately, 4 teams have to be left out since it is a 28 team rom, the Chiefs, Raiders, Lions and Rams are those teams.

Schedule updated to accomodate the Browns. (Obviously, not 100% true with 4 teams out, but no crazy quirks occur) Also, late season flex games are moved to the end of the week.

Playbooks updated for final edition

For the first time EVAR in one of my roms, the Pro Bowl has been updated and has correct players.

Here it is, the regular and JUICED games. (Juiced means each week of the season plays like 16-0...basically CPU opponents are on crack) Any feedback, positive or negative is wanted. If you think it sucks, tell me why! I'm always looking to improve my work. If you see a bad roster error (I scanned very closely, but no one is perfect) make sure and inform me.

Enjoy!

Midseason regular had 198 downloads, regular had 332.

From preseason edition, Reg had 468, Juiced 233

Tecmo 2009 - Final Edition.zip

Tecmo 2009 - Final Edition Juiced.zip

I don't know what someone said about TSB Repository being slow these days; in the year that I've been active on this board, it would seem somewhat like a renaissance of ROMs lately. Good work, MRNFL!

Well, I think it seems slower because we don't have a joeygats argueing about someone on tpc every day.

Actually, it's a bit more enjoyable to have all this discussion without having to wade through all the crap.

I used to think that the traffic might be nice, but I find myself completely repulsed by most of it.

I think enough time has allowed it to be possible for the TPC to move to puretecmo.

One idea I always had for TPC was having the roms from here on TPC.

Then people could play through the season game by game. Like if you go onto the TPC site you could select say the rom chosen for 2009 and up would pop the remaining week 1 games. You and your opponent could roll for teams or something.

And TPC would keep track of the season progress.

That probably takes a lot of coding but its a thought.

See, I think any sort of roms work on TPC as long as someone could develop some sort of ratings system...

One idea I always had for TPC was having the roms from here on TPC.

Then people could play through the season game by game. Like if you go onto the TPC site you could select say the rom chosen for 2009 and up would pop the remaining week 1 games. You and your opponent could roll for teams or something.

And TPC would keep track of the season progress.

That probably takes a lot of coding but its a thought.

Hey everyone, I'm considering a quick re-release due to a cut made by the Vikings, I had Bobby Wade as the #2 WR (He was last year) and he just got das boot from the TEAM. Sorry for anyone who already downloaded.

This should be the only one I do until midseason, because I don't like re-releasing every week, but this is a pretty notable move.

• 2 weeks later...

MRNFL, old issue of the return teams messing up is still there...I am playing a season with the Pack, and my return man Blackmon got hurt, and when I went in to sub him out, it showed Woodson as being hurt too. The only consistent way to fix it is to have WR1, RB1, DB1 as the return team. I know you always try to find a combo that works, but what you have set for the Packers (RETURN_TEAM LCB, RB2, DB2) does not jive...just a heads up...

MRNFL, old issue of the return teams messing up is still there...I am playing a season with the Pack, and my return man Blackmon got hurt, and when I went in to sub him out, it showed Woodson as being hurt too. The only consistent way to fix it is to have WR1, RB1, DB1 as the return team. I know you always try to find a combo that works, but what you have set for the Packers (RETURN_TEAM LCB, RB2, DB2) does not jive...just a heads up...

I try to make the correct return men for each team on there, bu tit's tricky. I'll make sure I look at the Packers one when I do my next update.

I should also mention some teams just don't look good with the shoe color trick...take a look at the Colts away unis...it looks pretty bad cause the blue color sticks out...I've started to edit the player models so that the socks are more subtle...also, if I'm feeling ambitious, I might possibly try to find a way to add a third color to the jersey, but that's after cleaning up the shoe stuff, and only if I get ambitious. It's pretty tedious work, but I think worth it for that updated feel...

I should also mention some teams just don't look good with the shoe color trick...take a look at the Colts away unis...it looks pretty bad cause the blue color sticks out...I've started to edit the player models so that the socks are more subtle...also, if I'm feeling ambitious, I might possibly try to find a way to add a third color to the jersey, but that's after cleaning up the shoe stuff, and only if I get ambitious. It's pretty tedious work, but I think worth it for that updated feel...

Actually, I think the Colts aways are A LOT better with the blue, all white jerseys on Tecmo are an eyesore.

I think you missed my point. I agree they are better with blue...a lot of teams look better with some color added...I just think they look bad the way the tiles are setup because it basically makes most of their foot blue instead of being like socks. I don't like that, so I'm changing it so that it doesn't look like they have blue feet, but still breaks it up with some color...

• 2 weeks later...