Code more dynamic DL vs OL play (for JSTOUT to look at)

bruddog

in this case YY ZZ is bit wise.... straight from the command doc....

"For Commands x00 to x1F and x30 to x8F the second nibble is player # (Example 01, 1 is 2nd nibble)"

Notice FC is not in that command range so you don't use X0,X1, X2 etc....again per the document: 

xFC = Set To Grapple (Player) ***Note players are selected in bits

(Player) = bits from QB to RT or RE to SS (0 = not set to 1 = set)" 

FC is a two byte command because the players are selected in bits. The command always requires you to set all 11 players. 

F        F       E        0

THus FF EO= 1111 1111 1110   0000       = Set to grapple all 11 players

Say you didn't want to be able to grapple with the RE

7       F      E        0       

EFE0           =0111  1111  1110  0000      = Set to grapple everyone but RE

2. I'm not sure DC and  DE do anything on the NES. Or at least not what you described. . The DA and DD descriptions aren't quite correct. They are used as defensive commands to pursue the ball carrier.DD is a more aggressive straight line ball carrier pursuit. DA is not as aggressive.  

• 3 weeks later...

Question:

Someone mentioned that you can only have a 2X command where it's to a pointer (so, 2X AA BB).  But, can you do consecutive 2X commands followed by FEs?  (So % jump back to Y number of spaces, % jump back z, etc.).  If so, you can make an internal loop without worrying about pointers and copy and paste it however you want.

I tried this, but the second FE in the string won't take and I can't find any problems in the code.  (The first was referenced by an FF command to 28 fe 05; the second doesn't seem to be recognized).

Edited by quince3800

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2014 at 6:28 PM, buck said:

ok, if the bytes following the FC is 00 00, then would you "run through" all the guys and never touch them?

This is totally untested, but I was able to make something work in the punt/Pret sequence using an FD command (FD 00 80 FF AD AA) so that the bottom protector avoided the grapple in front of him and then went to pursue the ball carrier (and was not invisible to blockers/didn't pass through them)... for some reason this went wacko against the 4-3 (it only worked vs the 3-4, even with the FF being changed to FF A6 AA, where it needed to be), so there's something up with the reading of the FD, but that might be because I've played with the rom a lot... I haven't done anything else with this, but it's an observation