Drummer's NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2K10

drummer4god

Good job getting it released, Drummer. Good luck on the surgery.

Nice. Browns color scheme on the menus. Ha! But, I must say--the simple change of that "at" denotation on the schedule page is a great tidbit. I've heard many-a-newbie TSB player say, "Who's at home / away?" Great little fix. (Elway's work?) Totally ganking that.

Couple of things that I glazed over in a few moments,

> Fred Jackson BUF / not 'Stephen' Jackson.

> Jabar Gaffney isn't on NWE anymore. Joey Galloway is, however.

> Bobby "E"ngram KC

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only problem is that the "AT" donation is totally wrong.

The FIRST team listed is the home team. Sigh. LOL

The only two things i can think of are:

<- H denoting the home team

or HA for Home and away. Although that's not very useful since most people will just be what the fuck is "HA"

Ratings are serviceable but I guess if I want something done right I'll have to do it myself. Graphics look nice.

the only problem is that the "AT" donation is totally wrong.

The FIRST team listed is the home team. Sigh. LOL

But if the team color options are set for a season mode to display the proper home / away alignments (forgetting preseason temporarily). And if the schedule was built in the reverse fashion, wouldn't home / away be dependent on the changes we've made to the schedule / team colors?

so I just tried it to make sure I was right...as I was doing this I understood your point.

However I consider and most leagues consider player 1 to be the home team. So in this case the first team listed is INDEED player 1.

But in terms of color, the right team is wearing home team colors.

Here is one rating example that bothers me

69ms 56 rec Michael turners ratings

44ms 63 rec Tony gonzales

Who is the better receiver a likely hall of fame TE or a RB who caught a whopping 6 passes despite running the ball 376 times.

Suggestion: keep RB REC rating very low (19 or less for most backs) even for legit threat like westbrook since their high ms makes then good by default.

Meh. After thinking things through again--an hour after smoking, no surprise--it doesn't make any sense to do the 'at' change, anyway, in terms of accuracy. Since you can't have division opponents change their gear in the second game in the regular season between the two teams, then home / away is irrelevant in the long run, really. If the 'At' can't always be accurate, then I don't think it's as sensible to put it in. I do like the idea, though, just wish TSB could fulfill the jersey needs to complete it.

I'm sure one of the coding gurus can figure it out. I tried running some breakpoints but got lost.

seems like all you would need to do is change the order they are displayed on the screen. Might be as simple as swapping the order of a few lines of code. Well probably more than a few lines...

actually i just figured it out...

I just have to figure out where all the pointer locations are... there is one for every single possible game.

=256 total pointers to switch

random example for week 1:

at offset 321C1= BD 5A 67 =LDA $675A,X @ $675B first team displayed

at offset 321CE= BD 5B 67= LDA $675A,X @ $675B second team displayed

Basically this tells it to pull the string at a certain location in the ROM. If you switch the 5A 67 with 5B 67 above then the teams get flip-flopped on the display and the correct AT team is home (player 1). =)

Drummer: can you paste the hex information into a file to change the display into AT. That way someone doesn't have to figure it out.

I have fixed the roster fixes that were posted...thx. And as for the @ thing you could shoot elway7 a pm he done those. And for my ratings i dont argue them they are what they are,down from last year,i think better. But feel free to change them on your copy bruddog. Roster fixes have been posted in update in my 1st post.

Chiefs are all messed up.

Croyle is the backup QB. Thigpen is probably getting trade, but at best the #3

Jackie Battle is the backup RB

Kolby Smith is hurt and won't be making the team

Devard Darling is listed as the #2 WR for now

no Amani Toomer

McInstosh is back to LT, and Barry Richardson is starting at RT

Ryan Succuop is the K

You left Derrick Johnson off the roster, he's the starting LILB

Patrick Surtain is not even in the NFL anymore - the other CB is Brandon Carr

Drummer, this is not a rip on your ratings, but merely a question, as I've never seen this answered...you say you have your own method for ratings...what is it? Do you pull directly from Madden? In the example bruddog gave above, did Turner have good REC numbers in Madden? Just curious, as I know you don't stray from your own method, which is fine, I'm more intrigued by how you developed the REC number for Turner, or how you get your ratings. Do you have formulas worked out based on Madden numbers?

For as much criticism as you get, you also get a lot of praise, so at any rate, while your style is not for me, you're doing something right for some people...

In my ratings QB's are rated by overall, Rb's on overall,Wr's rs and ms are rated by their real speed in madden and rects and ball control by their overall ratings.OL are rated by overall ratings. DL are rated on overall ratings,as are LB's ,Kicker,and Punter. Db's rs and ms are rated on real speed in madden,with their rp,int and quickness based on overall rating. I am working on changing a few things on my ratings,but not alot. Tecmo is a arcade style play game,so my ratings are such also. some of the older guys on here don't like my ratings but they are what they are,and alot of people like my roms. My rom from last year was downloaded over 1,000 times so i'm doing something right. no one on here has ever worked for tecmo or on tecmo bowl itself,so who is to say how they came to the ratings they applied. Not being a smart ass just stating a case. Some will like my rom and ratings,some won't i learned that quickly. but i learned to take the criticism,and make my roms better. But as i said my ratings are being tweaked,but they are what i make them.....Go Browns!

Tecmo didn't do the ratings they were supplied to them by an outside source which I don't remember. Oh and this may sound like a totally rediculous fabrication on my part, but I was once asked in an email what the two new expansion teams were going to be called for TSB III (Carolina and Jax). It's amazing how they could make football games so well when they had almost no clue about the game.

Just downloaded your rom drummer. I'm going to start a new season with Da Bears. :D

Your TSB Rom is probably the most anticipated Rom release this year outside of Buck's Time Machine 2, ... just in time for football season.

Just one graphical note I want to make that I noticed right off the bat in the intro: the stadium sign still says "XLIII TAMPA" (should be "XLIV MIAMI, FL.") but you probably already knew that.

Thanks for putting out the rom! Goodlluck to your Browns this season!

In my ratings QB's are rated by overall, Rb's on overall,Wr's rs and ms are rated by their real speed in madden and rects and ball control by their overall ratings.OL are rated by overall ratings. DL are rated on overall ratings,as are LB's ,Kicker,and Punter. Db's rs and ms are rated on real speed in madden,with their rp,int and quickness based on overall rating. I am working on changing a few things on my ratings,but not alot. Tecmo is a arcade style play game,so my ratings are such also. some of the older guys on here don't like my ratings but they are what they are,and alot of people like my roms. My rom from last year was downloaded over 1,000 times so i'm doing something right. no one on here has ever worked for tecmo or on tecmo bowl itself,so who is to say how they came to the ratings they applied. Not being a smart ass just stating a case. Some will like my rom and ratings,some won't i learned that quickly. but i learned to take the criticism,and make my roms better. But as i said my ratings are being tweaked,but they are what i make them.....Go Browns!

Not to hijack the thread, but I took my ratings from Madden also and here's how I did them. (TSB Attribute: Madden rating)

QB

RS: Agility

RP: Acceleration

MS: Speed

HP: Toughness

PS: Pass speed

AP: Overall

PC: Pass accuracy

APB: Awareness

RB/WR/TE

RS: Overall

RP: My personal opinion

HP: Trucking

RC: A formula based on Catching & the AP of the team's QB.

BC: Carrying

OL

RS: Agility

RP: Acceleration

HP: Overall

The "AT" notation is only to give the schedule some eye candy. But, that's a good find on how it's registered. Now it can be done properly on the matchup screen. :D

The "AT" was just added through TileLayerPro. It can be easily removed. It looks better than the little"x" and it's proper notation when you look at the schedule, if that was done correctly.

I played around with it a bit last night, about 4 hours and came up with nothing concrete. I swapped a few bytes around I found randomly. About the sixth game in of the first week, I was the 2nd player, but my team was named player COA, and they were all blue like smurfs with no names. Then the game crashed after K/O. :D