COM defensive coverage late in season

buck

So it works in an emulator but not on the powerpak? 

I tried this hack on the repo ROM and for whatever reason, it freezes my powerpak when the CPU is on offense.  I picked GB vs. Atlanta, and whenever the CPU handed the ball off, the game borked up.  I'm hoping jstout can look into it, I sent him the files...

I've been using the 4-3 hack on my custom ROMs since it was introduced. Coupled with late season coverage hack. Played through several seasons with it, and I would not go back to just 3-4, even though playbook editing get a bit more complicated.

Slightly off-topic, how do you edit the game without TSBTool Supreme? Unless, the repo ROM has other stuff in it that's throwing it off and the coverage hack isn't causing the issue...

Edited by TecmoTurd

See the problem now....the service routine right before this hack branches to a bad opcode when you add this hack as its off by one byte when this hack is applied. Theoriginal branch...branched to $8B39 But as you can see below our jump command is at $8B38. So we are branching to a bad opcode (0x1B) instead of the start of the jump command 4C 1B 80. 

AT (0x28B3E) just change 0A to 09.  Problem solved. 

267a08ba0b.png

Woops, you had my test value (x10) in there.  Just to be clear for anyone following:

Original hack by jstout:

SET(0x028B3F, 0xa53dc98090034cc5974c1b80)

Brud's updated hack (for 32-team REPO ROM only, I think)
SET(0x28B3D, 0x9009A53DC98090034CC5974C1B80EA)

where the red x80 = the value that determines if it's tough coverage or not (lower = tougher coverage more often).

(any idea if removing the 4-3 hack is possible?)

• 2 years later...