37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Greater?

• Bo Jackson
    • David Fulcher

RAIRB1.gif VS. CINDB4.gif

Round 3 result:

Bo Jackson defeats Mark Carrier 27-14

David Fulcher defeats Derrick Thomas 25-8

Jackson can get past Carrier, but can he get past Fulcher? Fulcher plowed through the late DT. This should be an interesting matchup!

greatest-tecmoer.jpg

I like Fulcher - fast, hard-hitting, lots of interceptions, and what he brings to the PR game (without the PR fix). I use him a lot. With that said, I have to go with the guy that can more readily impact the game. Interceptions and defensive stops are great, but they don't always put points on the board. In a shootout, it's a tough choice between a homerun guy and a drive-stopper. But, I'll take the (2nd best) offensive weapon over a defender.

If you look up the name "Tecmo" in Webster's dictionary, you'll notice a little picture of Bo Jackson next to it. How can you argue with that?!

Great match up, but eventhough Fulcher is a maxed out stat defender and rivals Bo on the defensive side. I really had no idea he even exhisted as a tecmo stud til 8 years after this game came out, because of a roomate in college puting the hurt on me with on day with the seldom used Bengals. And if you asked a lot of novice tecmo players, I'm sure many would miss fulcher.

Got to go with Bo.

speaking of missing a player ...

I got the game at age 13; I noticed Bob Nelson my first year in college.

Now, I can't use him. 8)

Same could be said for Seahawks' Green or Cardinals' Young.

To be honest, I played with Dallas at least half of the time ... trying to do everything with Danny Stubbs - yeah, ignorant. :lol:

You know how the HOF voters often won't vote for someone because they don't want it to be unanimous? Well, I'm changing my vote to Fulcher because it shouldn't be this much of a blowout. Any guy who's arguably the best defender in the game - and you can shake hands with at a Tecmo tournament - shouldn't get beat this bad.

Bo Jackson has a huge impact on the running game AND passing game! I love Fulcher but he can only control so much!

Doesn't Fulcher have a huge impact on the opponent's running and passing games? I don't think Bo does much on D.