season mode for 32 team rom

latinking

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of which ... should the community begin tweaking that tool before the next version comes out?

I know we are all skeptical about an automated ratings generator, but it would be nice to only have to make minor adjustments to the sim ratings instead of working from scratch. As of now, I use a compilation of a couple of spreadsheets from other members as well as a few formulas of my own, but I would love to be able to just press one button and have the receiving target values and defensive sums (in particular) auto-calculated to shorten the stat-tweaking process.

In my (non-professional) opinion, the calculator should use a season stats spreadsheet to form a base line and then make incremental adjustments based on ability ratings. I'll look up the site I get my spreadsheet from in a minute.

Anyhow, just a thought.

I agree that it would be very nice. Especially since it seems we've figured out how the values work. You could even input approximate values and then the tool could round them all to the total points that they are allowed. And we could change the names of the sim values that misrepresent themselves.

The code to TSBToolSupreme is easy to disassemble using reflector...since I don't feel like figuring out what the math should all be, but I do write .NET code for a living, I'd be glad to try and update the sim value generator, provided someone gave me the formulas...don't have the time or patience to work them out myself.

The code to TSBToolSupreme is easy to disassemble using reflector...since I don't feel like figuring out what the math should all be, but I do write .NET code for a living, I'd be glad to try and update the sim value generator, provided someone gave me the formulas...don't have the time or patience to work them out myself.

Yeah there was a lot of talk about the sim values recently, but I never quite figured it all out since I've never played around with them much. I'd dig into it but I probably have even less time to work it out than you. Hopefully someone will chime in something clear and concise.

As a teacher, I take part of my planning period to read new posts; but until recently, I never had a lot of time to post myself. I'll see if I can find some time here and there to put some logic statements together. Curious ... where would I find "reflector?" Is that available as freeware? ... Okay, I'll not be lazy and start looking online :lol:

just a few questions as I get started:

1) Leftover INT target values for LB's and DB's are being given to the LILB. (Maybe, this is to boost his sim season as a coverage MLB). Would leftover target values get distributed the same way leftover receiving target values get spread out RB1-TE? (if sum < 255)

2) If so, then let's round down and leave the values alone. If not, should the leftovers go to the primary CB1?

3) Does the SS need a sim number for sacks? can we give the extra points to RE or ROLB?

4) I thought I read this somewhere; are APB for QB's and AKB for P/K useful values during gameplay? Or do we treat them as decoration like Quickness?

5) jstout, did you ever figure out a way to use the 2nd sim value (skill positions) for KR/PR?

I'm going to try to finish up formulas based solely on assigned ratings, but it would still be nice to use an imported stats spreadsheet or database. Is that too difficult to mess with?

Oh well, I'll keep trucking along until I hit another pothole.

Depends on how much programming knowledge you have. It's easy to import data from an excel spreadsheet...you can query it using .NET like you could a database table, or you can get a library to help spin through the sheet. It's all in how much time you spend on it...you'd have to find a way to match up the players imported with players on the rom...I'd say it's an intermediate level task...

I think if I did tackle that, I'd want to do a lot more than I'm willing to do right now. For now, I've got enough info to tweak the adjustment of sim stats just based on ratings.

So far:

SimOffense - minor changes (I like factoring in QB, best RB, and best WR)

SimDefense - don't see it anywhere

SimPassDefense - pretty good as is (leaving out DL's)

SimPassRush - use combo of RS,MS, and HP

PKSimKick - is AKB meaningful? If not, just use KA

QbSimRun - good (uses MS/5)

RbSimCatch - this is the one I think we would like to affect KR/PR (maybe MS)

RbSimRun - good (uses HP and either MS+BC or RS+HP (I assume for FB's))

SimKickRet - this one should be yds/rec; with ratings, use MS

SimPass - with the new PA hack, use PS,PC,&PA (again, is APB meaningful)

SimPocket - I'm not excited about scaling this from MS, but what else?

SimPuntRet - this is the REC target value; REC/(sum starters' REC)*32 (so long as the ROM has made the adjustment to the sim-scale [posted elsewhere] this should work okay)

WrTeSimCatch - again, this will hopefully be KR/PR (MS again)

WrTeSimRush - it says "2" ... but it doesn't actually change it to "2" - error?

I'm not opposed to others' input :lol: