Christian Okoye vs. Barry Sanders (Round 3)

Who Is Greater?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Greater?

• Christian Okoye
    • Barry Sanders

I voted for the Nigerian Nightmare. . . using him now in a season with KC.

He fumbles a lot, gets injured plenty. His running speed isn't that great. But you gotta love how he can turn a 4 yard gain into a 35 yard touchdown gallop by knocking half of the defense off the field. :mrgreen:

Barry is great, but he always seems to be in POOR condition or INJURED for at least 5-6 weeks when I use him.

Wow. I love popcorning as much as the next guy, but I picked Barry. Gotta love the speed of Bo with the receiving ability of a WR. Plus with the speed of the Lions QBs and the good hands of their WRs, you have the perfect personnel for a lethal spread attack. You can keep the D from loading up against the run on every play.

Okoye is right up there with Bo when it comes to being synonymous with Tecmo. In fact Bo was crazy famous back then already, so Okoye is perhaps the most famous guy just for his Tecmo abilities.

Plus there's plenty of fast guys, but there's only one Okoye!

I think of it this way. I'm in a tecmo draft, building a team. It's my pick, I need a RB and the Nightmare and Sanders are avaliable.

I would have to take Barry.

I'd take Barry too, but he's still not a greater. When I think of Okoye, I think of Tecmo. When I think of Barry I think of him out there on the field juking people out of their shorts, not as a pixelated rb.

I'd take Barry too, but he's still not greater. When I think of Okoye, I think of Tecmo. When I think of Barry I think of him out there on the field juking people out of their shorts, not as a pixelated rb.

And this is EXACTLY what peeps need to be rememberin when they are votin for this 'greatest Tecmo player' bracket. There is more Tecmo in Okoye than Sanders. Okoye is never gonna make it to the Hall - let's at least give him some love here.

I think of it this way. I'm in a tecmo draft, building a team. It's my pick, I need a RB and the Nightmare and Sanders are avaliable.

I would have to take Barry.

I'd take Barry too.....

The contest in the Greatest Tecmo Player in the world. And if during a tecmo season, you had the choice to take Sanders or Okoye, and you would pick Sanders....then I think that answers the question.

It's not "Who was made famous by Tecmo" that might be a different story.

Okoye is great against the computer...but man vs man, he's average at best. Were as Sanders is still one of the best in Man vs Man or vs. CPU.

I'd take Barry too, but he's still not a greater. When I think of Okoye, I think of Tecmo. When I think of Barry I think of him out there on the field juking people out of their shorts, not as a pixelated rb.

Why couldn't Bob Nelson or Steve Grogan pass the first round? Maybe you voted for them, but it's just an interesting question to consider.

As mentioned, you come up with your own criteria. I think this contest in particular is a good one.

Sorry to those picking Okoye, but 69 ms, 44 rec, and 69 bc > 50 ms, 94 hp, and 50 bc.

The most important stat in tecmo is speed and 50 to 69 is a big jump and no amount of hitting power can make up for it. Not to mention that HP is the ONLY thing Okoye has over Sanders.

This pick is easy, it's Sanders. Too many people are just in love with HP and what it does on certain occasions.

Of course Barry is the choice when trying to create a winning TSB team. Anyone thinking otherwise is just foolish. That being said, Okoye is such a unique player in the game that he helps give the game its character. Sure, Barry is fun to use, but there are a few RBs that are similar. No RB is similar to Okoye.