Can anyone beat 158 - 0? (pics)

Rypien91

My personal best, 158 - 0 Raiders over the Colts. All I did was change the Colts playbook, no cheat codes or game genie or whatever. Lots of safeties, defensive TDs, onside kick returns for TDs.

IMG_0734.jpg

Best for one half is 81-0

IMG_0732.jpg

1st quarter 46-0

IMG_0733.jpg

Ive scored 50 points in the 4th quarter but don't have that pic.

Best with Bo: 1003 yards in one game.

IMG_0737.jpg

There was no "lurching", just Howie Long. I suppose I could try and do it all again and video record it, but thats a lot of effort.

Ok if its "cheating" to change playbook, but I still haven't seen anyone top 158 points.

I'll try to give it a go this week. I know I broke a hundred without changing the playbook, don't know what I could do against a playbook full of roll-outs and flea flickers.

NIce job on the 1000 yards with Bo, though. The most I ever got was in the 700s, I think.

Yes - the first picture is my best game - second is my best half - third is best 1st quarter. 3 different games.

Apollo seed - Howie Long plays DE - can't do the nose tackle dive - I didn't do the "lurching" - its more effective to blow up the plays in the backfield, especially if its flea flickers, etc. Leads to more defensive TDs, safeties.

I may eventually try again to do a video, but it takes way too long to play the perfect game. Would be a lot of work.

Somehow the pictures aren't credible? I don't even know any codes or whatever, if there are any.

If you guys don't believe me, try it yourself... Just change the colts playbook to weak plays, be Howie, kick it deep every time. You'll see you can definitely get more than 126. I don't think anyone will beat 158 though.

I have no doubt that if I change all the other team's plays I can whup em to an impressive score..but he whole idea is to do it and not change any of the other team's plays...still, 158 is pretty sweet, I think I beat the cowpokes 127-0..loooong tiome ago...

No one will ever be satisfied. First, it was pix for proof. Now, it's vidz? Bullshit. You give 'em vidz, then they'll be asking you to do it in front of 'em. Pix are adequate, i believe this. Good job. But that special note is on the 'so elusive and partially unbelievable' 1000-yards-with-Bo-in-1-game. We had a thing going for awhile there where some of us were trying to see if it could be done after some dude on a news program or something said he did a long time ago. Here it is: 1,000 yards with Bo in a game. Nameless had broken down why it was impossible to accomplish legitimately, so plays and players had to be fixed. This makes your 1,000 yards with Bo seem, sorry to say, highly unlikely. Although the score is definitely believable.

No one will ever be satisfied. First, it was pix for proof. Now, it's vidz? Bullshit. You give 'em vidz, then they'll be asking you to do it in front of 'em. PIx are adequate, i believe this. Good job. But that special note is on the 'so elusive and partially unbelievable' 1000-yards-with-Bo-in-1-game. We had a thing going for awhile there where some of us were trying to see if it could be done after some dude on a news program or something said he did a long time ago. Here it is: 1,000 yards with Bo in a game. Nameless had broken down why it was impossible to accomplish legitimately, so plays and players had to be fixed. This makes your 1,000 yards with Bo seem, sorry to say, highly unlikely. Although the score is definitely believable.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I can tell you that the 1003 yards is legit. All it takes is running backwards with the other players when you receive kickoffs/punts to the 1, then running Bo 99 yards. In some cases its more strategic to run straight out of bounds on a return, such as if you are recieving a kickoff with just a few seconds left, and then you can go out of bounds and have Bo run it 70 yards with only a couple seconds left in a quarter/half.

Trust me, I wouldn't bother wasting my time posting 'fake' pics or whatever on some random message board. And I have no idea if there even is a way to cheat and achieve those results. If I ever get a chance to attempt a video, I will try it.

** reading the posts you linked, people call this "illegal" - I don't see how its illegal, all its doing is costing the rest of your team yards..... but you are right in the fact that it is not possible to do without AT LEAST affecting the stats on the other players on your team... but it can definitely be done without cheat codes or play/player changes, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't like the changing of the playbooks... Part of the fun of that game was to game-plan against specific teams/playbooks.

Of course if you pick all plays out of different formations that were rollouts that didn't look like any of the runs and such, you would get a sack every pass and they would get nowhere on the runs...

As for BO. Really? We used to try and get 2000 yards in a game. (1000 with bo and 1000 with marcus.) We would NOT pass. Every time we got the ball anywhere from the the other team, we would run it (with QB or kick returner) back to the 1 yd line and then do nothing but run until we scored. (usually 1-3 plays) Now, if going backwards with the QB to get more yards with BO is cheating, then yes, 1000 yards traditionally would take a perfect storm of a game...

What kind of a egomaniac would even waste time posting such trash! Even if the Colts punted on every possession and turned the ball over several times there just isnt enough time in a short 5 minute quarter game of Tecmo Super Bowl to score even close to 158 points! This post is about a guy attempting to BS a bunch of total strangers in some total attention fit !!!

• 9 months later...

there are ways to mod the points given per score and adjusting the time clock. Tons of ways you can cheat.

Only video proof will prove it. You had a whole year to show your proof.

Record your game via the emulator using the movie option and post it on here, so others can download your movie file and play it. Then it might be more believable. :lol:

Jeez, a lot of hate on this board.

You guys are right, I re-programmed the game with some hex scoring and time-editing just to impress some random guys on a message board that 25 people look at. :lol:

I dont have an emulator, I did it on the original NES. Thus the pictures taken from my normal digital camera. But hey, no sweat off my back.