Player 2 Conditions Fix

jstout

As the online players know the Player 2 stats don't change correctly with their conditions. This was an error by Tecmo and the fix I wrote is below.

x30E55
20 80 9F JSR CHECK_PLAYER

x31F90
CHECK_PLAYER:
A6 6E LDX $6E ; Load Current Player
E4 6D CPX $6D ; Load Player 2
F0 02 BEQ :+
; PLAYER 1
18 CLC
60 RTS
; PLAYER 2
38 : SEC
60 RTS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
This was an error by Tecmo and the fix I wrote is below.

How does one implement code fixes presented like that to a rom? Can I just overwrite the string starting at 0x30E55 with 20 80 9F for instance?

I understand if the hacking vets on these boards find questions like this to be annoying, etc., but it would surely prevent future "how do you do this and that?" if I got some help understanding the immense resourses available here...

How does one implement code fixes presented like that to a rom? Can I just overwrite the string starting at 0x30E55 with 20 80 9F for instance?

I understand if the hacking vets on these boards find questions like this to be annoying, etc., but it would surely prevent future "how do you do this and that?" if I got some help understanding the immense resourses available here...

yes, but leave out the right-most column (jstouts descriptions)

if you use TSB Tool Supreme:

SET(0x30e55, 0x20809f)

SET(0x31f90, 0xa66ee46df00218603860)

you should be able to see what I did here by comparing this to jstouts chunk above.

What is the effect, then (of the original bug). Does a player in excellent behave as if he were in excellent and the stats just show the wrong numbers, or is he really what the numbers show? Thanks!

• 5 months later...
What is the effect, then (of the original bug). Does a player in excellent behave as if he were in excellent and the stats just show the wrong numbers, or is he really what the numbers show? Thanks!

I'm wondering this, too. The actual condition changes to bad, good, excellent...but the attributes don't change. So does the player behave like the condition or the numbers? Anyone know?