TSB Time Machine

buck

I just played an entire season with the 2007 Chicago Bears (5 minute periods; with no reset) just for the hell of it, to see how far I can get.

I went 16-0 with them (5 min, no reset), only using Hester (as WR only) on offense at the end of the season. But, I lost to someone in my first playoff game. I don't know if I could go 16-0 with them again, but I'm pretty sure I could win the Super Bowl. BTW, they're "supposed to S**K."

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played an entire season with the 2007 Chicago Bears (5 minute periods; with no reset) just for the hell of it, to see how far I can get.

I went 16-0 with them (5 min, no reset), only using Hester (as WR only) on offense at the end of the season. But, I lost to someone in my first playoff game. I don't know if I could go 16-0 with them again, but I'm pretty sure I could win the Super Bowl. BTW, they're "supposed to S**K."

Wow, if you went 16-0 with them (with no reset), that a pretty good accomplishment. But I don't see how you can do it even with Hester as a WR. His WR stats aren't very good. I think Musin Muhammad and Benard Berrian have better ratings than Hester. In my opinion, using Hester as a returner is much more beneficial for that team (until he gets hurt, that is). And yeah, I know that team is supposed to s**k. I just wanted to see if I could win with them without resetting any of the games during the season. Kudos to you if you went undefeated.

Anyway, the 07 Bears aren't really the same team without Thomas Jones in the backfield. He's the guy that made the difference in our Offense the year we went to the Superbowl. He was our most versatile and productive back during the 06-07 season and even scored a TD in the Superbowl against the Colts. I have no idea why the Bear's brain-trust got rid of him the very next season in favor of Cedric Benson. That guy was a bust.

Well at least we got Matt Forte now.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! IMPOSSIBLE I TELL YOU ... TO GO UNDEFEATED WITH THE 07 BEARS without resetting any of the games!! Orton and Grossman are so slow that as soon as you drop back to pass, the D-line just puts you on your a**!! Receivers can't hang on to freakin ball, defense can't do s**T!! Damn, I nearly busted my controller against the wall!!! You must be using same got damn cheat codes!! ARHHHH!!!

You juiced the 07Chi roster with steroids (using Bad Al's Tool) didn't you!? NO WAY ANYONE CAN WIN WITH THIS TEAM!!

You juiced the 07Chi roster with steroids (using Bad Al's Tool) didn't you!? NO WAY ANYONE CAN WIN WITH THIS TEAM!!

I did it on the exact same rom as is available here, only I have it on a cart. The responsiveness of controls when playing TSB on the actual NES (and tube TV) vs an emulator is significant. Plus, I kick ass. :?:

I always use Urlacher on D and I used 4 shotgun passes. I ran the ball a little bit here and there - checking the conditions and using the best RB. I think I had the backup, Grossman, in there for the last half of the season (he was in good/juiced).

There is a revised TSB Time Machine version now available.

Changes:

1. Fixed "NFC West" SIM Bug, see Yakmolester's thread -> thanks jstout...Now Tom Brady will get the passing numbers he was supposed to.

2. Fixed 72MIA's WR Twilly to "white man" (thanks philleyOphish)

3. Bumped 90PHI's DB Wes Hopkins up a notch in speed and bumped some other PHI DEF HPs a tad (for bruddog)

4. Tweaked some teams' playbooks to make the COM a little more effective.

PS - Time Machine 2 - "the best of the rest" is underway (all new teams - new playbooks, formations, and plays) - should be ready by summer '09.

Dude, BUCK, Great Job.

I can't wait for the "Time Machine 2" or "Best of the Rest".

Really looking forward to it.

This version is one of my all time favorites.

What are the chances of having the Wildcat running, story-story book turn around 2008 Dolphins in your new version? Anyway to get the real wildcat formation in there. like snap to the runningback and have the QB set out wide and have the option to pass or run with the running back? That would be interesting.

What are the chances of having the Wildcat running, story-story book turn around 2008 Dolphins in your new version? Anyway to get the real wildcat formation in there. like snap to the runningback and have the QB set out wide and have the option to pass or run with the running back? That would be interesting.

RE: Time Machine 2

It's definitely doable. I've been experimenting with RB passes and it can be done. I think it'd be a fitting idea, since 08MIA has ushered in the "Wildcat".

Right now, due to space constraints (I have some other formations that I'm working on getting in there), there will probably only be 3 "Wildcat" plays - an RB1 run, an RB1 to RB2 run, and an RB pass.

RE: Time Machine 2

It's definitely doable. I've been experimenting with RB passes and it can be done. I think it'd be a fitting idea, since 08MIA has ushered in the "Wildcat".

Right now, due to space constraints (I have some other formations that I'm working on getting in there), there will probably only be 3 "Wildcat" plays - an RB1 run, an RB1 to RB2 run, and an RB pass.

It goes without saying that I'm very interested to see this formation.

RE: wildcat

besides the RB1 run, should the other run go to Ginn or Williams?

Well, that's a great question. Throughout the year, they went more with Williams.

here is what it looks like in madden 09:

where ricky lines up next to ronnie and you can play action off the handoff to ricky or pass.

or, you have this type of wildcat, where ricky comes in motion and on this particluar play, it gets filpped back to chad for a deep pass, but you can cut that part out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bbonONvlw

Here is how they ran it at Arkansas.

If you need help with the Rosters, this is the most accurate depth chart:

TEAM = dolphins SimData=0xbb0, OFFENSIVE_FORMATION = 2RB_2WR_1TE

PLAYBOOK R4124, P3522

QB1, chad PENNINGTON, Face=0x18, #10, 25, 69, 19, 13, 56, 75, 56, 69, [3, 12, 9 ]

QB2, chad HENNE, Face=0x3f, #7, 25, 69, 13, 13, 69, 50, 44, 50, [2, 11, 8 ]

RB1, ronnie BROWN, Face=0xc0, #23, 44, 69, 56, 75, 81, 63, [15, 15, 15, 15 ]

RB2, ricky WILLIAMS, Face=0xaf, #34, 44, 69, 56, 56, 50, 56, [9, 7, 11, 11 ]

RB3, patrick COBBS, Face=0xd2, #38, 50, 69, 50, 38, 69, 44, [7, 2, 7, 7 ]

RB4, lousaka POLITE, Face=0x8a, #36, 38, 63, 38, 88, 63, 38, [5, 5, 6, 5 ]

WR1, ted GINN, Face=0xa1, #19, 44, 69, 63, 13, 69, 50, [9, 12, 15, 15 ]

WR2, greg CAMARILLO, Face=0x36, #83, 38, 69, 56, 13, 63, 63, [7, 10, 14, 14 ]

WR3, davone BESS, Face=0xb3, #15, 44, 75, 50, 13, 75, 50, [7, 15, 15, 15 ]

WR4, brandon LONDON, Face=0xd1, #17, 38, 69, 44, 13, 56, 38, [7, 4, 12, 12 ]

TE1, anthony FASANO, Face=0x3b, #80, 38, 69, 50, 69, 50, 56 ,[5, 8, 9, 9 ]

TE2, david MARTIN, Face=0x83, #88, 25, 69, 25, 44, 44, 38 ,[4, 3, 6, 6 ]

C, samson SATELE, Face=0xaf, #64, 25, 69, 31, 63

LG, justin SMILEY, Face=0x51, #65, 25, 69, 31, 63

RG, ikechuku NDUKWE, Face=0x94, #68, 25, 69, 25, 63

LT, jake LONG, Face=0x3f, #77, 25, 69, 38, 81

RT, vernon CAREY, Face=0x9f, #72, 25, 69, 31, 69

RE, vonnie HOLLIDAY, Face=0x87, #91, 31, 38, 44, 56, 25, 50 ,[30, 0 ]

NT, jason FERGUSON, Face=0xce, #95, 31, 38, 44, 63, 25, 50 ,[30, 0 ]

LE, kendall LANGFORD, Face=0x96, #70, 31, 38, 56, 69, 31, 69 ,[34, 7 ]

ROLB, joey PORTER, Face=0xcd, #55, 44, 50, 56, 81, 63, 75, [34, 21 ]

RILB, akin AYODELE, Face=0xd2, #51, 31, 44, 44, 50, 25, 50 ,[28, 25 ]

LILB, channing CROWDER, Face=0xb3, #52, 31, 44, 44, 63, 25, 81 ,[32, 21 ]

LOLB, matt ROTH, Face=0x3a, #98, 25, 31, 44, 63, 19, 38 ,[23, 16 ]

RCB, andre GOODMAN, Face=0x99, #21, 38, 44, 56, 44, 63, 56, [0, 43 ]

LCB, will ALLEN, Face=0x85, #25, 44, 44, 69, 56, 69, 69 ,[0, 48 ]

FS, renaldo HILL, Face=0x93, #24, 44, 38, 56, 38, 50, 50, [0, 38 ]

SS, yeremiah BELL, Face=0xa1, #37, 38, 44, 56, 63, 56, 63, [16, 43 ]

K, dan CARPENTER, Face=0x10, #5, 56, 81, 81, 31, 63, 56 ,[8 ]

P, brandon FIELDS, Face=0x40, #2, 25, 56, 44, 31, 50, 56 ,[5 ]

KR, WR1

PR, WR3

You might want to update the player ratings to fit your rom a little bit better. They are rated pretty conservative, especially the d-fense.

2008 Dolphins TurnOver ratio was the best in the NFL, actually an NFL record in fewest turnovers. Everyone's BC should be pretty high.

Porter should probably be more of a monster. (17.5 sacks)

Y.Bell should be a hard hitting safety. He led the team in tackles with 100.

W.Allen should be a fast cover corner. A.Goodman had 5 picks this year.

Stats found here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... a/2008.htm

I'm guessing since you brought up Bronco Nagurski you are already going back farther this time. I was already thinking of changing the 07 Bears to the 43 Bears and playing a season. Aside from one of the Bears 40's champ teams (wow look, a good Bears qb!!) you absolutely HAVE to put the team where Sammy Baugh led the league in passing, punting, and had 10 interceptions.

I'm guessing since you brought up Bronco Nagurski you are already going back farther this time. I was already thinking of changing the 07 Bears to the 43 Bears and playing a season. Aside from one of the Bears 40's champ teams (wow look, a good Bears qb!!) you absolutely HAVE to put the team where Sammy Baugh led the league in passing, punting, and had 10 interceptions.

Yeah, Baugh is on there - still trying to decide whether to do '42 or '43 Redskins. ('42 is on there now - they won championship, but it wouldn't be too much to adjust a couple players and ratings to the '43 team - to give Baugh higher INT.)

Hey, any Bears teams (besides '43) you think should be on?

EDIT:

Teams so far -

33CHI (nagurski, grange)

42WAS (baugh)

47NYY (spec sanders)

55CLE (otto graham)

61HOU (mad passing)

63NYG (mad passing)

64CLE (jim brown champ year)

68NYJ (namath champ year)

73MIA (csonka, def)

75PIT (def)

77DAL (staubach, dorsett, etc)

77ATL (gritz blitz def)

84LA (dickerson)

87WAS (d williams, g clark, monk)

89SF (montana, etc)

90KC (derrick thomas)

90HOU (moon's best year)

91BUF (kelly, thomas)

92NO (mad LBs)

96GB (favre, mad def)

98DEN (elway, TD)

06IND (manning)

08MIA (wildcat)

08PIT

08ARZ

Great Selection of teams Buck! This is gonna be a great version, I can't wait.

Great choice of the 1947 Yankees with Spec Sanders. If you are going to do the 1955 Browns for Otto Graham, you might want to consider doing the 1947 Browns instead. As Graham had a better year and the Browns and Yanks met in the championship game that year. Also the 1947 Browns have Marion Motley at RB, who was a monster back in the day.

1998 Falcons to go with the 1998 Denver? Cause you got Jamal Anderson runn'n for 1800 yards and you got 2 x 1000 yard WRs and Chis Chandler actually had a good year.

Very hard to pick an early '40s Bears team. 40 was the year of the 73-0 championship game, but 41 looks better. They still had McAfee that year and Luckman did well. 42 they went undefeated but split time at qb and had no real great stats. 376-84 they outscored opponents that year! Well, it is interesting that Bulldog Turner had 8 ints at lb, Danny Fortmann had 4 at lb (both are HOFers). Luckman even had 4 ints.

I just said 43 because it was one of Luckman's best years; and because of the war, Bronco came back to play for them and they won a championship. If he's going to be on with Grange then yeah, I'd not use the 43 team.

Why not use the 34 team though? Undefeated champs and the first ever 1,000 yard rusher Beattie Feathers (1,004 yards, 8.4 ypr). That team also had Grange on it.

Edit: he may be unpopular, but having Michael Vick's big season might make for a fairly unique team.

Yeah, 34CHI it will be - Thanks. And 47CLE is better, too - Thank you.

75MIN should be on the list (tarkenton)

TomTupa, I don't think I wanna throw a 40's bears team on there...the first 8 teams are set. Any other bears teams?

There are still 6 or 7 spots open, so any other ideas of interesting players/teams? I'm really looking for shitty teams with a great player or two.

Even though he never had a "great" year, I'm thinking 87raiders, for Bo Jackson. Also, 79SEA with Largent. Maybe early 80's redskins. 03ravens with Jamal Lewis.

Oh, Vick's big year is on Time Machine 1 already! 06ATL...56MS

There are still 6 or 7 spots open, so any other ideas of interesting players/teams? I'm really looking for shitty teams with a great player or two.

How about the 89 CIN Bengals team with Boomer Esiason and Ikey Woods (David Fulcher on Defense)? Or if not 89, then the 81 Team with QB Ken Anderson and WR Cris Collinsworth?

Also, perhaps the 99 TEN Titans with QB Steve McNair and RB Eddie George?

I'm really looking for shitty teams with a great player or two.

1988 Cowboys - Herschel Walker

2002 Dolphins - Ricky Williams (2216 Yards from Scrimmage, pro bowl mvp, plus a decent d-fense.)

1996 Patriots - Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Terry Glenn, Dave Meggett, Ben Coates

or

1994 Patriots - Drew Bledose, Ben Coates, Marion Butts

1996 Ravens - Vinny Testaverde's best year, Michael Jackson, Derrick Alexander, BAM Morris

OH OH OH, I got one:

1994 Chargers - NATRONE MEANS 1350yrds 12TDs. I used to love him his first 2 years, then he sucked.

and since we are on the subject of Chargers,

1965 Chargers - Lance "OMG!" Alworth - averaged 114 yards per friggn game. plus a 1000+ yard rusher in Paul Lowe.