TSB Time Machine

buck

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While there are some good teams on here, I think that the lack of a Broncos team lets the rom down a bit. I mean, the Broncos have had plenty of great years (ie 1989, 1997-98) but anyway, aside the Broncos, this rom RAWKS!

Actually, he does have a point. I would like to see the year they had Elway and Terrell Davis running for 2000 yards.

That was a hellava season.

Maybe for Time Machine 2.

Time Machine 2 should include teams like: (can't use a team from Time Machine 1)

1998 Dever Broncos (TD + Elway +2 x 1,000 yard WRs + Bubby Brister is on your team)

1977 Atlanta Facons (Best Defense in the history of the NFL. Held opponnets to 9.2 points per game, but offense sucked too much to win)

1973-1976 Vikings (people forget how good Fran Tarkenton was. We would scramble all over the field. Hellava quarterback)

1997 Packers (could rival the Broncos who they lost to in the super bowl. Favre was da man.)

1983 Redskins (Theisman and Riggins dude)

1983 Raiders (Marcus Allen + Plunkett)

1979ish Chargers (dan fouts)

2005 Seahawks (shawn alexander + hasselback in their prime lose to Steelers in superbowl.)

2008 Cardinals (would love to see Warner, Fitzgerlad and Boldin together, they are puttn' up silly number this year)

2007 Dolphins (1-15 season, just to be funny)

2008 Dolphins (Have a bunch of wildcat formation plays

1984 Cardinals (I always wanted to play with Neil Lomax. Just a fantasy of mine)

1934 Chicago Bears (went undefeated and then lost to the giants in the championship)

1934 New York Giants (someone's gotta play those bears. when these 2 teams play each other, have the game go to black and white.)

*If I included a team that was on the original Time Machine, I apologize, I was just going off of memory. I didn't check the rom, I am at work.

98 DEN (they used to be on the rom...) got replaced by 98 MIN - because I already had enough super bowl winners and needed a "less than perfect" team. Anyways, 98 DEN would of been pretty similar to 92 DAL. And no disrespect, but I never was a big Elway fan.

Other teams/players that I had thought of -

70's tarkenton vikings

riggins redskins

dickerson 84 rams

that gritz blitz falcons team from the 70's

ya tittle

sammy baugh

70s dallas (dorsett, staubach, etc)

joe namath

early 90s bills team

97 packers

87 redskins

warren moon's best year

well, I don't have time to remember all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Great rom, one of the best that has various teams from various eras. They balance out pretty well.

If ya ever do make another, I'd suggest the 40's Redskins for Sammy Baugh, some version of the recent Colts (Perhaps the Super Bowl team) for Manning and Harrison/Wayne, maybe a late 80's/early 90's Niners (Montana and Young together, just for having a QB powerhouse, or to have Montana and Rice on the same team), or, depending on how this season turns out, some team from 2008 (Between the Giants running game and Brees' maybe setting the passing record, I'm sure something interesting may be worthwhile). Lotta options, I just hope ya do another. :evil:

And, of course, the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers must be included. :lol:

Nice work!

One quick ratings criticism as I'm sure you put a lot of time in the rom. For being one of the best defenses of all time. PHilly is a rediculously weak defense on this rom. THe lb's suck, the Db's are shitty and the DL isn't good enough to make a difference.

Thing was they went 10-6 with mcmahon and a shitty bunch of scrubs that threw 5tds to 15ints. THe offense was about as record settingly bad as the defense was good.

Whoops it was the 91 eagles i was thinking of. But the 90 eagles defense still seems a bit weak.

I'm glad you like it bruddog, I did put a lot of work and MAN v MAN testing into it.

I copied the original TSB 90 Eagles over and tweaked some guys to try to match the team up with the rest of the rom.

Their defense was ranked 12th that year in points allowed (which is what I chose to base overall defensive power of a team on this rom), and they were 10-6. If I remember correctly from the stats I've looked at, in 90 they had a pretty good run defense, but a bad pass defense. So I tried to give them higher HP but lower INT.

I finally got my carts in for this a couple weeks ago - it's pretty tight.

Uncle Buck, I gotta few questions for you.

What team do you think is most dominant?

What team is the most fun to play with?

For Dominant, I might have to go with the 1994 Niners. Deion on kickoffs for TDs, Deion picks off everything. I thought that his like 6HP might hinder his ability, but it doesn't. My first game vs the almightly 92 Cowboys was like 75-0. I don't think they pass the 50 yard line. Aikman had 8 pix. Then on Offense, you got Young, Rice, Watters. (and Deion again)

most fun, maybe the 65 bears with sayers and butkus?

Wow! This Rom is pretty challenging! I was creaming teams with the '85 Bears for the 1st half of the season, then some of my starters got injured and I struggled to get into the Playoffs. When the RB's on the opposing teams get super juiced, they are hard to stop. Got knocked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round by the '62 Packers! :evil: I few more cracks at this and I think I can figure out how to beat the cpu.

1994 Niners are pretty good, but '84 I think has a slightly better defense. A buddy of mine just went 19-0 with the '84 Niners. He normally defends against the pass and uses a LB, but since the RB's were so tough to stop ... he started calling run plays and started defending using a safety (Ronnie Lott).

He went undefeated and won the Super Bowl before I could ... wow!

Great job on the rom!

1994 Niners are pretty good, but '84 I think has a slightly better defense. A buddy of mine just went 19-0 with the '84 Niners. He normally defends against the pass and uses a LB, but since the RB's were so tough to stop ... he started calling run plays and started defending using a safety (Ronnie Lott).

He went undefeated and won the Super Bowl before I could ... wow!

Great job on the rom!

If he went undefeated without ever resetting a game - he got lucky :evil:

I've never played a full season with '84 Niners.

My friend (Anthony) is the best TSB player I know. He never resets his games and plays TSB RELIGIOUSLY. Just last week, he got home from work at about 2pm and played all the way to 2am

You need to introduce Anthony to some girls. Maybe go out, get a few drinks...meet some chicks....you know.

Just thought I'd come on here and share that I lost a game 49-7 against the computer. I'm being the '65 Bears and I was playing the 72 Dolphins. They ran back the opening kick, injured Sayers on the first run play, then I fumbled for their TD right after that. After that, on offense there are 2 DL on me every snap, so I'm limited to my shotgun pass 4 (I don't change playbooks when I play seasons on roms). Even if someone is open, I have to wait for them to get far enough from the juiced dbs to get the ball there, and by that time I'm sacked. The only way I got my one score was jjing down the field and he finally didn't have an errant throw. On D Morris just ran away from everyone every play.

Just thought I'd come on here and share that I lost a game 49-7 against the computer. I'm being the '65 Bears and I was playing the 72 Dolphins. They ran back the opening kick, injured Sayers on the first run play, then I fumbled for their TD right after that. After that, on offense there are 2 DL on me every snap, so I'm limited to my shotgun pass 4 (I don't change playbooks when I play seasons on roms). Even if someone is open, I have to wait for them to get far enough from the juiced dbs to get the ball there, and by that time I'm sacked. The only way I got my one score was jjing down the field and he finally didn't have an errant throw. On D Morris just ran away from everyone every play.

dude...

I bet if you played it again, you'd win.

I just went 16-0 with '07 CHI...then lost 1st game of playoffs in OT to '99 STL.

That's awesome! But, the 65 Bears don't really have any players besides Sayers and Butkus (and he's pretty slow, but hits hard).

dude...

I bet if you played it again, you'd win.

I just went 16-0 with '07 CHI...then lost 1st game of playoffs in OT to '99 STL.

I doubt it. I checked and both the nose tackle and another dl were juiced. It was seriously like lurching - I snapped the ball and even if I tapped B like I was breaking a grapple I couldn't get my pass off. I probably would've scored more if I had sayers yeah, but every time Miami threw a slant pass they catch it and run it all the way for a score, even covered. Butkus is extremely slow, and even if I grapple the rb no matter which path I took to the ball someone would run up and throw me off him. I'm having no such trouble in a '85 Bears season, being easily undefeated despite Payton never being above average yet and barely able to get yards. He's awesome in those new hb pass plays though.

To test out TomTupas Problem, I played the game and lost 21-28.

Morris is almost impossible to stop( 7 rushes 182 yards) but I don't see How he had that much trouble on offense with gale sayers(also I don't remember two awesome DEs). Some parts of the game were quite bizare, Having a Kickoff returned for a touchdown in the last second of the 1st half and after returning the kick at the start of the second half Ditka fumbled the ball( this was like the 3rd play) and the defender easily got a 60 yard td return. in the 4th quarter a dolphin caught a ball while triple covered to set up the winning td. Finally, my passing game was pretty good with 213 yards 58% and 1 interception.

To test out TomTupas Problem, I played the game and lost 21-28.

Morris is almost impossible to stop( 7 rushes 182 yards) but I don't see How he had that much trouble on offense with gale sayers(also I don't remember two awesome DEs). Some parts of the game were quite bizare, Having a Kickoff returned for a touchdown in the last second of the 1st half and after returning the kick at the start of the second half Ditka fumbled the ball( this was like the 3rd play) and the defender easily got a 60 yard td return. in the 4th quarter a dolphin caught a ball while triple covered to set up the winning td. Finally, my passing game was pretty good with 213 yards 58% and 1 interception.

1st of all, TomTupa said Sayers got injured on the first play. 2nd, he was in Season Mode, so there's more team-juice/player-condition-changes than in a Preseason game.

When I play against 72MIA, Csonka usually hands me my ass.

Just played 65 Bears vs. 72 Dolphins and won pretty easily. Although, to go through a full season and face them late in the season or in the super bowl would have been very difficult.

Sayers is just a monster. 2 kickoff returns for TDs. 2-3 other rushing TDs.

Besides Sayers though, the 65 Bears are slow and not very good.

In real life, they really weren't too bad, they went 9-5.

I was also thinking that the QB, Rudy Bukich was bad, but after looking up his stats, he had 20TDs and 9INTs.

Not bad.

But, then again, you are going up against at team that had 2 x 1000 yard rushers in a 14 game season, and a team that from 1971 to 1973 went 36-5 through three seasons.

post-5029-1341372523322_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I just played an entire season with the 2007 Chicago Bears (5 minute periods; with no reset) just for the hell of it, to see how far I can get.

Man, does this team S**K!!! Went 10-6, just barely made the playoffs by winning the Division, then defeated the '86 NYG in the wildcard round 42-41!

The '86 Giants had 8 starters who were "juiced" (4 on offense, including Simms and Morris and 2 WR's; and 4 on Defense - Leonard Marshall, L.T., RCB and SS)

The only guy that saved my a** in that game was Devin Hester who was juiced. Ran back 4 kickoff returns for TD's in that game. I was leading 35-34 with 34 seconds left in the 4th QTR when Simms hit Mark Barvaro for the go ahead TD. I trailed 35-41 with 11 seconds left on the clock. Giants kicked the ball off to Devin Hester and I returned it for the game winning TD as time expired. Kicked the xtra point and won the game, OMG!!!

In the Divisonal round, I got demolished by the 2000 Ravens. No contest. Their defense knocked out D.Hester and Musin Muhammad. I could not do diddly squat in that game.

I don't think it is possible to win a Super Bowl with the 2007 Bears (without resetting the game). I think they just may be the worse team on that rom!

Their secondary and offense is pretty weak! I would be surprised if anyone won a Super Bowl with that team.

1985 Bears rock! I haven't tried 65 yet.