Tecmo Super Bowl .wad VC Channels for Wii! [FINAL UPDATE]

Hush7

This will be my final update of this thread...

Download the TECMO wads at this link -----> http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9228 ... ae46e6911d

The following are the available versions:

TSB 1991 w/ playbook hack by cxrom

TSB 2007 original 32 team version by cxrom

TSB '09 v3.0 by suprmnxxx

TSB 2K9 FINAL 2.0 by drummer4god

TSB Time Machine by buck

I am no longer injecting new updates so I recommend either injecting new roms yourself or playing them using the Wii Homebrew Channel and an NES emu (the safer option). I hope everyone has enjoyed this while it lasted, it was fun making these both for myself and others to enjoy!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the Hombrew Community

By using the Twilight Hack "Google it" THe Homebrew Channel, and use Emulators through SD Cards. Without the use of a Modchip.

I been playing the hacked Tec Roms with the NES and SNES Emulators. Now with this I can install the Tec Wad to the Wii's Memory. LIke a Channel or VC game on my Wii.

• 1 month later...
If I have downloaded the 3.3U update will the Twilight Princess hack still work? Has anyone tried it?

OK. I tried it and it wont recognize the twilight princess save file on the SD card. Do I need to do anything to get it to recognize it? Also, should my private folder have anything in it?

Download the files in my tutorial thread and place them on the SD card exactly like they are in the zip. There should already be another directory inside of "private" with the zelda save inside of there, do not move anything, just copy everything to the root of the SD. Hope this helps you...

• 2 weeks later...

Great Job Hush7! All the updates you made for TSB 09 was pretty much on the money! I liked the fact that you changed Chad Johnson's name to "Ocho Cinco" even though the NFL didn't allow it...haha! You also made the computer opponent really challenging. Did you juice up the skill level? The computer players are really fast!

Will you be creating a Wad file for all the greatest Super Bowl Teams of all time ('85 Bears, '89 49ers, '72 Dolphins, etc)? I know there are already some ROMs out there for NES and SNES emulators, but not one for the Wii. Man, it would be great if a greatest teams rom could be downloaded to the Wii Channel!

Anyway, thanks for doing a great job with TSB 09!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks for putting all this together Hush7. Is there a rom available with the original NES settings for TSB, with the original teams and players that will work with the twighlight hack?

Thanks!

Made one and added it to the first post!

Can you make a TSB Rom with all the greatest super bowl teams of all time for the Wii?

I tried using the Rom Injector to convert a existing nes file to a wad file. But when I tried to install the VC channel with the Twilight Hack, it didn't work.

I think I'm using the Rom Injector incorrectly.

Great Job on the current Wads you have uploaded though! TSB 2K9 is a lots of fun. I like the challenge the cpu brings too! :mrgreen:

If I have downloaded the 3.3U update will the Twilight Princess hack still work? Has anyone tried it?

OK. I tried it and it wont recognize the twilight princess save file on the SD card. Do I need to do anything to get it to recognize it? Also, should my private folder have anything in it?

Hi, I am having this same problem. When I go to the SD card in Data Management, the twilight hack is there. However, when I try to copy it to the wii internal memory it says that the files already exist there and won't let me overwrite or anything. If I delete the existing Zelda save and try copying the hack over it won't allow it. A notice pops up that says no files were copied. Does anyone else have this problem and have they found a solution? Many thanks for your help.

Hi, I am having this same problem. When I go to the SD card in Data Management, the twilight hack is there. However, when I try to copy it to the wii internal memory it says that the files already exist there and won't let me overwrite or anything. If I delete the existing Zelda save and try copying the hack over it won't allow it. A notice pops up that says no files were copied. Does anyone else have this problem and have they found a solution? Many thanks for your help.

I had the same problem. The new Wii Menu 3.3 won't work with the old Twilight Hack file. You will need to download the new "Twilight Hack v0.1beta1" file to get the TSB channel to work. Here is the link:

http://hackmii.com/2008/06/twilight-hack-v01beta1/

You also need to find out what version of Twilight Princess game you have, because there will be 3 files to choose from. The USA version worked for mine.

The first thing you need to do is erase any existing save file of Twilight Princess you have on your system.

Then start a new game and create a new save file to the Wii internal memory. (Remember, you have to play the game through at least once to get the Twilight Hack to work...play the game to a point where the game prompts you to save). After you save, exit out of the game and go to the Wii menu. Then insert your SD card with the new "Twilight hack v0.1beta1" in the root menu, and go to "Data management." Once you are in "Data management" screen, delete the Twilight Princess file you just saved from the game and then go to the SD card and copy the "Twilight Hack" file that is compatible with your version of the game. Once the hack file has been copied over to the Will internal memory (replacing the file you deleted), exit out of "data management" and go back to the Wii menu. Start up the game and you should see two Twilight Hack save files to choose from. Choose the save file that corresponds to the region your game is compatible with and start the game. When Link appears on the screen, use the analog stick and move him around and when you do so, the game should blank out and the Twilight Hack system files should start up. Then, from the Twilight Hack menu screen, select the TSB wad file that you want to install and follow the install instructions. Good luck.

ive seen many editions of other years for the nes roms... but they make them with out some teams cause only 28 aloud are there going to be roms made with the 30(1995-1998) / 31(1999-2001) team rosters for the wii cause this is the coolest most bad ass game and it would be cool to see many years created....you are tecmo super bowl gods...keep up the great work...

• 1 month later...
Final update in original post ^

Thanks Hush7!

Since this is the last time you will be injecting Wii wads, do you think you can fill me in on how I can make my own for future TSB roms?

If you can send me some instructions or (even some web links to tools and instructions that I can use to make these roms), I would be most greatful.

You can send me a PM if you like.

Anyway, thanks for making these roms. Playing TSB on the Wii with my buddies on a big screen TV is just freakin fantastic!

Final update in original post ^

Thanks Hush7!

Since this is the last time you will be injecting Wii wads, do you think you can fill me in on how I can make my own for future TSB roms?

If you can send me some instructions or (even some web links to tools and instructions that I can use to make these roms), I would be most greatful.

You can send me a PM if you like.

Anyway, thanks for making these roms. Playing TSB on the Wii with my buddies on a big screen TV is just freakin fantastic!

Wad Injector -----> http://www.mediafire.com/?zzymzmydunz

:D

Wad Injector -----> http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9228 ... ae46e6911d

I clicked on your link but didn't see any "Wad Injector"

But anyway, I think I had downloaded this tool from some website before (when I was researching into this) but couldn't get it to work properly.

I must've been using it wrong because none of the NES TSB files I injected seemed to work on the Wii. I tried many times to create my own wad but got frustrated and simply gave up. Maybe I missed a step or something, I dunno. :D

So, any further help you can give me would be most appreciated.

BTW, what game did you use to inject the NES files with?