• Yes
    • No
    • Still playin it i'll let ya know
    • What's a rom?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elway,this is awsome! As a kicker to this addition,i have also changed the main menu screen to cardinal red,and the season schedule to black ,for the uhhhhhhhh........steelers! So i am going to post this tonight and it will be ...hopefully the last release for this rom. But the graphic add you did is awsome and a great addition to my rom! People will really enjoy this for sure now! And i also did a roster update on saints wr's(redone players to correct ones) cards,panthers,bears,titans,bengals,pats,packers,cowboys,rams,dolphins,broncos,jags,colts. Now hopefully this rom is complete! Special thx to all who helped in the making of this rom,and also special thx to elway7,for the awsome start screen graphics! Enjoy,and go CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Update in 1st page of post!..Enjoy....drummer

ok, first time this has ever happened. I load the rom up, start playing. and then the rom dies. I'm in the 6th week (Mia vs Texns). after the person runs the kick back to wherever, the rom just dies. the screen goes blank.

any suggestions?

Here is the rom and the Save state that I used. Does that happen for you?

TSB NFL 2008 XLIII.zip

TSB NFL 2008 XLIII.zip

So I downloaded this ROM... It's very good... until I play the Browns.

Could you be any more of a homer? Jamal Lewis runs like he's chasing down a 12 year old who stole his 8-ball.

The team sucked last year, they shouldn't be godlike...

All other teams - A

Browns - D+

That's hilarious.....

I agree, the Browns are rated a little high. Lewis for sure. 1,000 yard season doesn't really mean all that much. That's only 63 yards per game. Braylon Edwards seems to consistantly lead the league in receptions or yards....it can be hard to rate your own team. He has his heart in that team and sometimes that gets the best of him as it does for most of us.

What did you expect?

If the browns are the only issue, then it's not that hard to change on the one team yourself.

face it, his ratings are ridiculous...

I think those words are a little strong for a rom that besides the Browns seems to be rated pretty good. Even Chaostriad says that he gives all the other teams an "A". really on the Browns, its a few defensive players that are rated a little high, Lewis and Edwards. The rest of seems ok...at least the last time I checked.

However the sim data is off. The bills had a higher rated defense than the steelers and the ravens. But, i just changed those ratings and called it a day. I'm done updating and downloading new roms with updates. I'm happy with what I currently have....even if the browns are a little high. Doesnt' bother me.

Average if you don't like the ratings change them,really. And yea some of the browns players might be high,but hell does that make the whole rom crap? NO! In the last release of this rom i have already went back thru the browns players,and dropped J. Lewis #'s. And i am going to fix the pro bowl roster to be correct. And i am tweaking my rating formula,during this off-season to better rate the players. So just play the rom,and enjoy it for what it is, not for what you think it should be. This rom ,with all the updates that were downloaded,is the most downloaded rom on this board,over a 1,000 dl's. So people liked it. It's impossible to please everyone. So there you have it. And even soby didn't have any bad things to say about this rom! I think you just like nit picking,and bitching...just play the rom average. Does 1 player,or team misrated destroy the play of the rom....no So just play the rom and have fun bro. l8r

The only thing I really disagree with (other than lewis' ratings) is DeAngelo Williams' ratings.

• He had 0 fumbles this year, while AP had 9 fumbles. However, AP has a ball control of 81 and DeAngelo 69.
    He was the top fantasy running back this year.
    He had the most touchdowns for a running back.
    He had the highest yards/carry among the top 10 running backs.
    He was the third in yards on the ground among running backs.
    He split his rips, so these stats he got here were a little harder to achieve when he isn't the guy running all the time.

But he seems to just be an average HB in the rom.

The only thing I really disagree with (other than lewis' ratings) is DeAngelo Williams' ratings.

• He had 0 fumbles this year, while AP had 9 fumbles. However, AP has a ball control of 81 and DeAngelo 69.
    He was the top fantasy running back this year.
    He had the most touchdowns for a running back.
    He had the highest yards/carry among the top 10 running backs.
    He was the third in yards on the ground among running backs.
    He split his rips, so these stats he got here were a little harder to achieve when he isn't the guy running all the time.

But he seems to just be an average HB in the rom.

Great Point and post. You stated what you thought and then provided facts to back it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing TSB classic rom for years now but just discovered this site today. Absolutely amazing.

Do have a couple of questions about your rom drummer.

1. Why are some RB listed as WR and vice versa (i.e. for the NYG Hedgecock is listed as a WR and Smith as a RB)?

2. People keep asking for a non-juiced version. What exactly does this mean? Is the biggest difference vs the classic is that some teams have such strong defenses that they always get a sack?

- I played as Arizona vs Washington and my linemen sacked the QB on almost every pass plays

- played as Philly vs Dallas. Couldn't get off a pass when starting under center. Could only pass from shotgun.

3. Saw some players on IR were removed but others not (Brady gone for NE but Maroney still starting). Curious as to logic?

4. How come the pro bowl rosters don't reflect the actual pro bowl rosters?

Keep up the good work. I look forward to a response and future releases.

For juicing...

The original game played harder the better your record got...ints, coverage catches, speed, etc were all increased notches, so that week 1 was super easy, and as the season progressed, your opponents played harder the better you played.

What juicing does is to make every week play like you're undefeated in the super-bowl (or even harder, should you choose to super-juice it). This means that playing vs. the CPU is actually meaningful, and pretty fun...gives TSB that challenge vs. the CPU that we never had before.

I have played this ROM since the September edition and alot of the changes done were very exceptional. I have a few major gripes of my own with the final ROM...

-- While I do love the super fast INT and fumble returns, the frecrencies of which they occur in a MAN season are a little too frequent for some teams.

-- Speaking of which, some of the QB, RB, and WR ratings are a little off. Examples: Eli Manning needs more PC, Favre less PC, Turner should have a 69 MS not 63, Andre Johnson needs more REC and less MS, Fitzgerald needs more MS, Adrian Peterson needs less BC, Jamal Lewis didn't perform as he does in this game, and if Drew Brees threw for 5,000+ yards why is his stats (and the WR's) statistically lower than the QB-to-WR combinations of Indy and Arizona?

-- I can deal with powerful LB's, but not if there are 4 or 5 teams whose D-line breaks past your O-line half of the time.

-- The COM's ability to kick FG's is still dead terrible, isn't there a way to improve accuracy of FG's kicked by the COM?

-- Wasn't Kevin Boss white in real life?

Other than that, this ROM is pure genius. I can't wait for next year!

Not a way to do it via any of the managers, other than running a set patch in TSBTool Supreme.

Here are the NES set patches. Load a ROM in TSBTool, paste the code into TSBTool window, and hit apply to rom...

# Juiced - Run this to juice it so that each week plays like you're undefeated in the superbowl
SET(0x1df0e,0x03040609090304060909030406090903040609090304060909030406090903040609090304060909030406090903040609090304060909030406090903040609090304060909030406090903040609090304060909)

#Original Juice - Run this to reset back to normal juice
SET(0x1df0e,0x00010000000102010101010201020201020103020202020303020202040302020204040202020504020203050502020306050202040606030204070603030407070303050807030305080803030509080304060909)

Each number (03 04 06 09 09) represent a category below, respectively:

Hex Boost Order: Defensive Speed, Offensive Speed, Interception, Pass Control, Reception

Appreciate it tecmoturd. Exactly what I was looking for.

One other note I had was that playing DAL vs NYG kind of difficult to tell the teams apart when in motion (very similar colored uniforms). And as pointed out above, Kevin Boss isn't black.

Other than these few things loving this rom and can't wait for next year's version.

Everyone is going to have different opinions on ratings. That's what makes this game (Tecmo and Football) great. Otherwise, there would only be 1 rom and that's it. Player ratings can all be edited per TSB Tool. Download the rom and make the appropriate changes as you see fit.

On another note, this rom for the most part is "Final". These changes and reccomendations should be considered for next years rom.

I think this rom makes a great platform to start with for next year. As a matter a fact, I think Drummer might be working on that very soon.

Free Agency has started and there are already some interesting moves.