drummer4god

Do you like this rom?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this rom?

• Yes
    • No
    • Still playin it i'll let ya know
    • What's a rom?

HEY GUYS GLAD TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE ENJOYING THIS ROM!! But now its time for a mid season update! 1st off none of the injured players are benched,if i kept up with the injuries i would have to update the rom every week. So anyways all team sim numbers have been updated,roy williams to dallas,new graphics on the field....AND A FIRST IN TECMO.....the football now has LACES!!!!!!!!!!! So enjoy and i'm working on a lil something XTRA big for the final year version!!! Rom update is on 1st page of post......Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx philly i have been working hard on the rom. Glad to see you like it! What do ya think about the ball having "laces"?.

Um it's cool. It's different. It's not too much change to take away from the game. I like it.

Although, there does seem to be a small error right below the NFL sign in the midflield. (lower right corner)

It looks like an upside down "L" if you know what I mean.

Hey Drummer,

Love the ROM, but.... umm... what the hell? I'm a big Falcons fan, and I've been playing a season with them on each of the updates of the ROM. Today I got to the 2nd or 3rd game of the Final version, and they were wearing red jerseys, red pants, and red helmets. I think you were going for the retro uniform look, but I don't think the Falcons have EVER worn red pants, and the all red was fugly to say the *least*! Just wondering what your thinking was for putting that in this version or if it was a glitch.

Hey Drummer,

Love the ROM, but.... umm... what the hell? I'm a big Falcons fan, and I've been playing a season with them on each of the updates of the ROM. Today I got to the 2nd or 3rd game of the Final version, and they were wearing red jerseys, red pants, and red helmets. I think you were going for the retro uniform look, but I don't think the Falcons have EVER worn red pants, and the all red was fugly to say the *least*! Just wondering what your thinking was for putting that in this version or if it was a glitch.

Great job on the rom! The laces on the football was a very nice touch.

Can't wait to see your final version at season's end!

Tough game for the Brownies yesterday, ... but it seems like Brady Quinn may be the real deal. There is a glimmer of hope for all you Cleveland fans.

If he continues to play well, your gonna have to make him stronger than Derek Anderson on your rom...haha! :D

Thx Van as i think the season is all but lost. As we have a defensive guru at head coach yet a terrible def. coach is costing us games and maybe our head coach. Yea QUINN is everything i though he would be. Another KOSAR,smart,makes good reads,and manages the game. And mat you were right culpepper isnt on det. ??? But he is now,and i went ahead and added deangelo hall to the redskins also. Update2.0 is on 1st page of post. ENJOY!!!

New update coming out soon. Fixing all the nfl shield logo as it only has 8 stars in it now. And a F.A. pickup law to jets. And also team sim values updated again.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this time.

Your rom just keeps getting better and better. Keep up the great work.

A few updates for the Bears that should have probably been made:

RB #27 Kevin Jones (should probably replace "the fake" Adrian Peterson" since Jones is listed as 2nd fiddle behind Forte)

WR #80 Brandon Lloyd (should definitely replace WR Earl Bennett, ... since Lloyd is listed as 1st string, ahead of Marty Booker, though he has been injured for 5 games... but just returned to the lineup yesterday.)

Both players have not been much of a factor for the woeful Bears this year, but have received more playing time than their counterparts. Man, they were just plain awful yesterday, getting spanked on both sides of the ball by their archrival Packers! @$@#!! :D

Also, a few items which I'm not sure have been addressed before:

1) Is the weather option supposed to work? In the options screen, you can turn the weather "ON" or "OFF." But when it's turned on, weather doesn't appear during any games during the season.

2) On defense, when the opposing team has the ball, I can't see to call a time-out to stop the clock (although, it seems to stop automatically or the opposing offense would sometimes call one themselves) - This item is not that big an issue though.

3) When you win the Super Bowl and the credits start rolling, it says "1991 ROSTERS" followed by the team's players' names. Can this be changed to say "2008 ROSTERS"?

Anyways, all these little things don't take away from the game, but just thought I should make a note of it.

(Man, I need CLE to shut down BUF and LEE EVANS today, if I am to win my Fantasy Football matchup. I'm only up by a few points right now, so if he catches even 1 or 2 passes, I may be screwed!! GO BROWNS!!!)

Ok i fixed the bears players you have mentioned. As for the 1991 thing im working on it. And i dont have a problem calling time outs. Although i'll look into it. Thx for the heads up! And a few things ppl might have missed in the rom ...interceptions say PICKED OFF! and yard markers have been changed. After you press start it says, LETS GO!. And a few others i dont remember. Im working on this rom and a high school onje from my state. My rhea county golden eagles were predicted to finish no better than 3rd,they are 2 games away from the state title game! If anyone could help with the 1991 problem at the end after winning super bowl plz feel free to help. thx to everyone who had helped on this rom and to those who play it!