SNESTSB w/NESTSB rosters,player models,& turf. Reg. & Juice

BigBen7

Do you like this better than the NES version.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this better than the NES version.

• Yes
    • No
    • I'll stick with NES

This rom is the SNES version of TSB with the original NES rosters with NES player models and turf, no more grassy feild. Below are the regular and juice version. :D

Thanks to elway7 for help on this. He did the turf and I did the rest.

The only thing that isn't fixed to match this season, that I know of is the patriot's small and big helmet. Also I did my best with there endzone, and there uni's are good. Other than that everything else is cool. Any problems let me know. Enjoy.

tsb1991turfnesoriginal0ld4.png tsb1991turfnesoriginal0ey3.png

SNES TSB(nes rosters, players, turf).zip

SNES TSBJUICE(nes rosters players turf).zip

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What another great rom by BigBen. This might be the most innovative SNES TSB rom to date. I love it. To me, there is nothing better than the NES TSB. But, this has gotta be a close second. It plays very well. I would probably play this version more than any of the other SNES versions. Thank you for your work on this. It's absoulutely fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Based on the recommendation of TecmoTurd, I'm uploading an edit I've made to this rom. The team mini-helmets are now nes styled, with the added benefit of more colors. This is the non-juiced version of the rom, if people like this I can make the helmets for the juiced version as well.

On a side note, I plan to make the big helmets nes styled as well, but there's more I'd have to do for those. Stay tuned as I plan to get this looking even more like the nes version, but it's a ways off due to all the other hacks I'm working on plus my two leagues. :D

NESminis.PNG

SNES TSB(nes rosters, players, turf, mini helmets).zip

I was gonna ask about big helmets. It might not be too bad...there's one graphic for the helmet and a bunch of palettes for the colors...could be possible...if you need palette locations or whatever, check out my SNES hacking page in my sig...

Hell, since this is such a cool project, I'd even help...if we get it looking NES enough, perhaps it'll inspire people to put out a 32 SNES rom, and that way people can use ZSNES to basically play an NES style game. It'd be the best of both worlds...either way, this is still cool.

I'll be looking at your page so I can change the background color on screens that use the mini-helms. The black I used blends into the background too much, and "lighter" versions of black on those palettes make the helmets look off. Like I said, this is still a WIP.

Yeah, I'm going to look into messing with the large helmets today, see what kind of progress I can make. The tricky part is going to be the offset on the logos for each team, as the large helmets seem to be set up completely different than the nes version.

On a side note, due to not having played as all the teams yet, are there any glaring errors in team unis? I'd like to get those accurate to the '91 season and since I'm going to be messing with palettes as it is, I figured I might as well get to those too.

For uniforms, you're gonna want STUE, it is an SNES uniform editor...

As far as offsets for the logos, I don't know if there's much you can do about that...take the oiloers logo for instance...you pretty much have to cram your logo into the tiles they give you, unless there's something I don't know about how the SNES helmets are setup...

A progress shot:

image4.PNG

There's a problem I need to figure out how to fix, a small chunk of the upper left helmet gets misplaced to the middle right. Otherwise, I think it's turning out rather good so far. Correction, I know the problem. That section of the helmet uses the same 8x8 area as the middle right uses. I'm going to have a bit of blank tiles once I'm finished, if someone can let me know how to rearrange tiles in the actual game I can use one of the blank tiles so that chunk isn't missing in the final version. That could also help when it comes to putting the logos on the helmets. The only other problem I forsee is the helmet stripes, I'll cross that bridge when I get there I suppose.

EDIT

Further progress:

image8.PNG

However, I'm now stuck until someone lets me know how to move tiles into other positions. I have plenty of blank tiles still I could use, but without doing that this is as far as I can go.

Thanks elway, I actually used your NES styled rom to find all the helmet pieces. The trophy made it easy to find all the parts (odd that they had it split the way they did).

Once I get this finished I can add the helmets to your rom if you'd like (era accurate helmets, of course). Might be a week or two depending on how long it takes me to figure out how to move the tiles around. The helmet logos are proving to be tedious work, but I don't really mind it.

Pre-game matchup:

image5.PNG

• 1 year later...

This is very, very cool. I really do think I could be swayed to design some stuff for the SNES if...

A. I could change the sound effects.

B. I could change the music.

C. All of the NES hacks were available for the SNES version.

D. There are probably more.

Again, though, this hack is totally rad.

I love the turf look over the snes grass. I always disliked the cluttered graphics in the background. The green national football league and brick wall is obnoxious. Plain team color kills it for me.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

image4.PNG

TT, I was not clear earlier. This is what I was talking about. The NFL and brick wall background is painful for an OCD psycho like myself -- too cluttered. I think plain single colored backgrounds are easier on the eyes.

Which SNES emulator does everyone prefer? I need one that allows me to speed up the gameplay like Nestopia does with its adjustable timing.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I was never a big fan of the SNES helmet layout, so I eliminated it in my roms and just put the shield in it's place. I also did this to make editing easier, for future projects.

TSB3 has the old scholl Patriot helmet logo in the game. It's just not used, but it's in there, if ya look hard enough. I already transferred it to my SNES roms at one time, but like I said, I'm not a fan of the helmet layout on the SNES. GentechJ's project was really cool, but he's unfortunately not around anymore. :?

• 2 months later...

I'm sorta still alive. Been busy with school/work/family crap and sadly my TSB stuff took a major backseat.

I would like to work on this again sometime soon, but I'll still have the problem of the pointers and what not to finish the big helmets properly (I have enough tile space to do them all up, but have no clue how to rearrange them so they work properly).

• 5 months later...

This thing (Juiced) is the most ballin effin ROM i've found in a long time (and i just-found it: thanks!!)

... Best of both worlds: S/NES. And i love the NES rosters/sprites mixed with SNES's enhanced (non-sprite) graphics...

That said, i've only played one game on it so far; so i'm gonna hold-off on voting it better than the Original NES TSB, for now ('though you've probably already "tallied" all the votes by now, anyway! ;) )