Buffalo Tourney Jan 27th (Jan 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 24th)

so I imagine anybody can get passed the qualifying rounds.. easy. It's a bummer - I won't be able to get off work for the finals. I've been playing TSB since it came out.. but never actually played in any of these tournaments.. think it would be fun. I'll probably show up for one of the qualifying rounds anyway for the hell of it.

Qualifying rounds are pre-season game man vs. comp. Bills vs Giants

Last year I think it was Bills vs Cowboys.

If the computer constantly called the flea-flicker a guy could put up huge points.

I'm surprised you don't play a AFC East team.

it was bills vs cowboys last year. i'm not surprised that they got rid of subs. there primary concern is that each game goes as quickly as possible. It sucks you can't make the finals. Still you should come to a qualifier. My brother went to the first one tonight and the look in on the edge made me think it was packed. THey kept the games going well past 7 pm. I think its still going on. So far people are topping out in the high seventies. Lou scored 79. He couldn't figure out how to not get a sack on the flea flicker play. I still have a lot of hope for this tourney in the future. A few changes like head to head qualifiers, qualfiying travelers automatically based upon attendance at other tourney's and a sat day finals more typical of everyother tecmo tourney. THen with the station hyping it this could go off the hook. If not hopefully this year Lou and I can get enough names and emails to start a real tecmo tourney and tecmo playing scene in buffalo.

we are trying to get people together. we might have a pregame tecmo party at my bro's in south buffalo. a couple people at today's qualifier wanted to play but we can't guarentee anything. post if your interested.

As for the qualifier its harder. You need luck to break into the eighties or ninties. Scores are higher. I got 93 in game 3 and it might be the top score. THough i know of a couple of 91's and some good players from around here are showing up. If you decide on a qualfier tell us so we can meet up there. Lou wants to go to all of them and I might check out at least the next two. The qualifiers go from 5-9 as oogie games will stay to let people play and raise money. Also there are two more qualfiers at Oogie games lockport store and tondawanda score which I will post at the top

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Im in the Tecmo tourney that 103.3 the edge is sponsering again this year. I was also in it last year but lost in the first round 13-10 as Denver vs Atlanta. Im currently the #2 seed in the tournament with a 95-17 score - and yes I got VERY lucky recovering 2 onside kicks and a fumble. Plus there was no pressure as I played at the Lockport Oogie Games bulding and there was a grand total of 4 people playing (not like at the bars).

Anyway, I would be good for a few MAN games before the tourney if possible.... let me know if it's gonna happen. I definitely need the practice!!

Also interested in hearing how you woul rank these teams in the tournament given the current rules: Redskins, Bucs, Falcons.

Thanks!!

Jason

This tourney again suprised me with how much fun it was despite the awkward set up. I am the new owner of an awesome trophy from steel crazy designs along with the grand prize. Lou lost in the elite 8 just a game before having to play me. More importantly there are a lot of serious tecmo players who want to play more around here. We'll see what happens but be on the look out for Lou and I trying to host a tourney this summer.

Oh it happened.... trust me I was there! I had the honor of losing to this machine in the final four. I aslo was the VERY VERY lucky guy who barely squeezed by Lou and that was ONLY because he fumbled multiple times. Lou outplayed me on every down and his A button taping is like something from The Matrix. That was a great tourney and I had a blast. I was hoping to not have to face Francis until the championship so I could at least have taken home that sweet 2nd place trophy! Nice job Francis and Lou.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

post-12284-13413730466773_thumb.jpg