S.W. La. TSB tournament - July 16, 2011

bayouboy13

Alright TSB junkies,

For those that live in or near Louisiana, or like to travel, we will be having our Annual S.W. Louisiana TSB tournament in a few months.

This event will be held at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Charles, La.

If you are interested and would like to receive further information contact me on FB and provide me with your email address.

For those who do not have a FB contact me at [email protected]

Your bro,

Chad Norwood

post-7362-13413729001453_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

The S.W. La. TSB tourney is still a go. I still do not have a date yet. The reason is the BWW location in Lake Charles is going to remodel. They are waiting for an answer from Corporate on the date they can start. They plan on starting at the end of April beginning of May. As soon as they get their date I will be able to plan our tourney around that date.

For those that have participated in the past, you know how I love to get sponsors :lol:. All of our original sponsors are still with us and in addition to that I am currently in negotiations with a Hotel chain to help all of our out of town participants. He will be giving discounted rates for those individuals. The Hotel will be located about 12 min from the tourney. All of the details will be coming soon.

Just to revisit, as soon as BWW gives me their remodel date S.W. La. TSB III will be in full effect.

If anyone has any further questions, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Alright you TSB fanatics!

The time has finally come. We will be having our S.W. La. Tecmo Super Bowl tournament on Saturday, July 16th, @ the Huddle Up. The starting time will be 10:30 a.m.

The Huddle Up is a sports bar that has a view over looking the Bayou, patio dinning, large number of TVs, and provides a great atmosphere for all who walk through the door. The Huddle Up is known for their excellent quality of food and it is said that the wings are "AWESOME", so be sure to dig your teeth into something great to eat and wash it down with your favorite beverage. The Huddle Up is locally owned and operated so bring them all the support you can.

The contact information for Huddle Up is:

Mark Leone

1103 West Prien Lake Road

Lake Charles, La., 70601

(337) 656-2905

For all the out of town participants we have a Hotel supporter, Inn on the Bayou. They would like to support our Annual event by providing rooms for $59.95 per night for the weekend of July 15th- July 17th. This price will provide you a room with one king or two queen size beds. You can contact Barbara Sittig @ (337) 474-5151. Be sure to mention you are with the S.W. La. Tecmo Super Bowl tournament to receive your discounted rate. For added convenience, the Inn on the Bayou is located on the same site as Huddle Up. You will simply be able to walk over (30 yds) from your Hotel room to the tournament site.

The contact information for Inn on the Bayou is:

Barbara Sittig (Monday- Friday)

1101 West Prien Lake Road

Lake Charles, La., 70601

(337) 474-5151

My biggest issue is transportation, which is frustrating since this one is pretty damn close. Anyone driving through (or could make a detour) to the San Antonio area?

You can also check out/add yourself to the Tecmo Map

In addition the 2011 S.W. La. Tecmo Super Bowl Champion will receive:

Large Trophy provided by Southern Engravings

Email me for the rules,

Thanks,

Chad

(How) Does this tourney pay out to placements?

Knobbe,

The way I have the tournament set up is:

Every participant will play three games.

The first 40 participants to sign up will receive:

Free Appetizer coupon from Outback Steakhouse

Free S.W. La. Tecmo Super Bowl III shirt provided by Chris Gaudet State Farm

Coupons from Chili's for free kids meal

Discounted Oil change from Tarver Ford

Free Appetizer from Huddle Up (can not use July 16th)

-this is just for participating.

In addition the top 4 finalist will receive:

$20 gift certificates from Johnny Carino's

$10 gift certificates from Pronia's Deli

$25 entry fee paid back

In addition the 2nd place finisher will receive:

Trophy provided by Southern Engravings

In addition the 2011 S.W. La. Tecmo Super Bowl Champion will receive:

Large Trophy provided by Southern Engravings

There are no cash payouts except for the top 4 finishers will receive their entry fee paid back.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Chad

• 1 month later...

I will post more later. I won the championship game with Bengals over Dolphins. Game was tied into 4th when Boomer had been in BAD but Rodney went EXCELLÉNT. Thus I found him for the deep go ahead JJ. Then I finally got a called play for Fulcher to feast on, shotgun in pass 3. He threw to Sammie and I got the pick near his 20 and put it away a couple pf plays later.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Pool Play: I got the first seed with +73 point differential. I think it should've been +74...forgot that if you "skunk" someone by 28 you get an extra point. First game I won the paper/rock/scissors and picked Chiefs and Bears as the matchup. The guy was a decent player except that he didn't know pass accuracy doesn't matter, so he played Harbaugh and got picked 3 times, while Carrier had a shot at one but it didn't go his way, so I won comfortably. The next guy's name was Blue and picked Eagles and Broncos as the matchup. He played decent but I guess didn't remember enough about the game to choose matchups. I showed him the tpc site so he could pull it up on his phone next time for the x-factor list. Last game was easier than the first two.

The bracket had something I hadn't seen before: #1 seed only has to win once to advance all the way to one game before the championship and double elimination as well. I saw Blue again and he got to choose the teams. He went with Packers/Saints. I chose Saints. It was a close game that I couldn't put away. Dilweg saw action due to conditions but Majkowski got back in there in the 4th. It was 14-3 but I lost a fumble that led to a TD to make it 14-10. With about 1 min left I hit Sterling Sharpe deep but he got gangbanged at the 1 and fumbled, though it should be noted that I had a CC to Kemp earlier on the drive. I was able to survive the JJ attempts.

After skipping 2 rounds and having 2 beers, I faced off with Tommy, who had just beaten Chad/bayouboy13, so I guess were it single elimination this would've been the championship game. I picked Steelers and Cowboys. Tommy thought about the matchup while taking a break and then went with Cowboys. At first I thought I'd be better off with Brister but I threw a JJ INT on the first drive of the game leading to a FG for Cowboys. At some point later I hit a deep JJ to Hoge who I use at WR1 and got a TD after. It was 7-6 in the 4th when I had a 4th and goal. I went for it and got stopped...maybe had my play called but I don't remember. Tommy drove into FG position. Greg Lloyd rushed into FG blocking position, and the ball fell harmlessly onto the turf and there was only time for a little clock burning after that. Since I took a pic of the screen, I see that I was outgained 242-109, but the Cowboys had to rush 19 times for 98 yards.

Now I faced off with Jack, winner of the elimination bracket for the championship. He had just beaten Chad to advance. I went with Lions and Vikings. He chose Vikings. He also chose a lot of my plays. I had gotten a fumble recovery in the third diving on Hershel. Game was tied at 14 late in the 4th. I went with Barry on the weekside motion play, which was called and fumbled. Jack drove it for a FG with Cofer flying but no block, so he won 17-14.

But he has to beat me twice. He didn't like the paper/rock/scissors thing so he told me to just pick a team. If I can have any team I'm taking 49ers, so he broke down and paper/rock/scissored. He chose Dolphins/Bengals, and I already posted the outcome. He was good at picking my plays for a while. Eventually that turned around, and I hit the sneaky fly route of the run and shoot pass 4 to EXCELLENT Rodney Holman for the go-ahead TD.

Upon further review, I recommend the officiating crew at Huddle Up Sports Bar & Grill in Lake Charles.

205573_206303696054888_174193552599236_790587_3850073_n.jpg