About This File
I did this a few years back and figured I would share it. It's basically the original '94 game but with rosters that are more accurate with various fixes and corrections and updates/revisions.
*This also has all the players' actual real names input in already as well
FIXES AND UPDATES INCLUDED
- Physical appearances have been fixed, so you will notice Glenallen Hill (CHC), Ryan Bowen (FLO), Lenny Webster (MIN), Butch Davis (TEX), Brian Williams (HOU), Jacob Brumfield (CIN) are now black (they were incorrectly white before) and Rob Deer (BOS), Kevin Brown (TEX) and Ben McDonald (BAL) are now white (all 3 were incorrectly black in the original) and many other players whose skin tones were wrong (too dark or too light). Some guys' hair colors or haircuts & facial hair were wrong in the original (Jeff Kent for instance now has his trademark blonde hair and 'stache) and have been fixed and some player physiques have also been revised/corrected as well.
- Players that had incorrect batting or pitching sides were fixed. Example: Ozzie Guillen (CHW), Chip Hale (MIN), BJ Surhoff (MIL), Greg Myers (CAL), Dave Hansen (LAD), Mike Pagliarulo (BAL), Ernie Riles (BOS), Dave Nilsson (MIL), Scott Cooper (BOS) and Jeff Reed (SF) were all incorrectly RH hitters in the original and Darren Lewis (SF) was incorrectly a LH - all have been fixed. Quite a few other players were also corrected who previously had incorrect batting or pitching sides.
- Some players were replaced in this version. The original had a few fake players so those were replaced (3B on the Angels, OF on the Pirates, OF on the Marlins). There were also a few players that barely played in the original, so I replaced those guys with players who had more playing time. You'll notice a few rookies from '94 that got their first cups of coffee in '93 on here now too, such as Ryan Klesko on the Braves, Jim Edmonds on the Angels and Bob Hamelin on the Royals.
- Players' ratings were changed if they were inaccurate. A lot of player ratings in the original were inaccurate, whether they were undervalued (Edgar Martinez, Harold Baines), overvalued or just plain, flat out wrong or way off (ahem...Dean Palmer, The Big Hurt and Piazza's DEF anyone?), so those were all updated and changed. Of course Barry Bonds, who was infamously underrated in the original (a 6 rating for DEF? Really?! lol I am a huuuge Dodgers fan and even I think that was a huge diss) is now rightfully the best player in the NL and as good as Junior in the game.
- Lineups and pitching rotations are more accurate to what was actually used from Jul-Sep '93 now.
- Players that were, for whatever reasons, missing-in-action but should have been in the original game are now present. So Vinny Castilla (COL), Dick Schofield (TOR), Kirk McCaskill (CHW), Jeromy Burnitz (NYM), Frank Bolick (MON), Kevin Baez (NYM), Rich Rodriguez (FLO), Scott Kamieniecki (NYY), Mark Clark (CLE), Greg Briley (FLO), Frank Tanana (NYY), Cris Carpenter (TEX), Rheal Cormier (StL), Jeff Mutis (CLE), Bobby Ojeda (CLE) and Junior Felix (FLO) are all ready to play ball like they always should have been.
Enjoy! and "PLAY BALL!"
What's New in Version 1.1.0 See changelog
Revised a couple of lineups (Angels, White Sox and Brewers) and quite a few player ratings ((the Expos', Dodgers' Twins', Brewers' and Mets' pitching staffs), John Kruk's (PHI) POW, Eric Davis' (DET) POW, Larry Walker's (MON) SPD, Wade Boggs' (NYY) BAT and DEF, Don Mattingly's (NYY) DEF and Paul O'Neill's (NYY) BAT and DEF)).