Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (Opening Day 2007)

johnz1

================================================================

KEN GRIFFEY JR PRESENTS MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL (OPENING DAY 2007)

rosters by johnz1

graphics by JG, grg, & jstout

================================================================

=ROSTERS=

All team rosters are accurate as of April 9, 2007. Player attributes are based on their 2006 stats:

-Batting - OBP

-Power - SLG

-Speed (Batters) - SB

-Speed (Pitchers) - K/9

-Control - WHIP

-Fatigue - IP/G

Injured players who are scheduled to return this season are included in this ROM (ex. Pedro Martinez, Juan Rivera). Only players with season-ending injuries were excluded:

-ATL - Mike Hampton

-BAL - Kris Benson

-FLA - Logan Kensing

-HOU - Brandon Backe

-HOU - Hector Gimenez

-KAN - Joe Nelson

-LAA - Dallas McPherson

-LAD - Jason Repko

-MIN - Francisco Liriano

-STL - Josh Kinney

=GRAPHIC HACKS=

This rom has many graphical hacks that brings the game up-to-date:

-Uniform styles and colors - by JG & grg

-Team names and abbreviations - by grg

-Team logos - by jstout

=PROBLEMS=

For some reason, when the text rosters are injected into the rom, some pitchers' ERA's are changed. This happens when they are especially high (usually above 4.0). Basically, KGB editor just brings them down to 2 or 3. Not a big deal.

=WIP=

This project is a constant work-in-progress. I always have a list of things I want completed. Help will ALWAYS be much appreciated:

-Update the rest of the team logos (Toronto, Houston, San Diego, Milwaukee, Texas)

-Replace some of the heads that have a mustache with ones that have facial hair only on the chin. There are only a couple players that have mustaches, but there are many who have hair on their chin.

-Change the text at the bottom of the credits screen to read: ROSTERS ACCURATE AS OF APRIL 2007.

-I am going to change the stats that are used for the pitchers' attributes. WHIP is good, but I don't think K/9 is a good measure for the quality of a pitcher.

-Replace MIL with TB, and replace PIT with MIL. I want to do this for two reasons: Milwaukee needs to be in the NL, and Pittsburgh sucks. This will be very complicated because it involves uniforms colors, Uniform designs, team names, team logos, stadiums, and stadium pictures. This one is a long-shot.

BIG THANKS TO:

JG Games (for the amazing work with the KGB editor)

JG Games (for the great graphic hacking)

grg (for the superb graphic and text work)

Tecmo Repository (for a tremendous scene)

TecmoBuilders.com (for an exciting site with good people)

ESPN.com and OpenOffice.org (for making this whole process nice and easy)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (2007 Opening Day).zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey guys, I'm new here but I'm really stuck using the KGB editor. And yes, I know it came out a while back, but I just discovered it now.

I'm having tons of trouble getting player's stances and bat colors to match up with the editor. It seems like no matter what number i input into the editor, the same body type will show up in the rom, only changing skin and hair color.

Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just cursed?