TSB Players still in the NFL

dagu

• 1 month later...
>http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11842

There were two.

I clicked on this link and it took me to that guy who claimed on a previous post that he was in Japan when Tecmo was being created, his friend was a programmer, he had all this inside info, etc.

Then Rod Woodson had to verbally undress him. In the words of Chris Farley, "That was awesome!"

Feagles and Carney- who wouldve thought??

• 3 months later...

Jerry Gray (CB, Rams, in TSB) according to Wikipedia: "served as the defensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills from 2001 to 2005, where he oversaw one of the top defenses in the NFL until his final season. He currently serves on the coaching staff (of the) Washington (Redskins) as Secondary Coach."

Jerry Gray (CB, Rams, in TSB) according to Wikipedia: "served as the defensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills from 2001 to 2005, where he oversaw one of the top defenses in the NFL until his final season. He currently serves on the coaching staff (of the) Washington (Redskins) as Secondary Coach."

On NFL Head Coach 09, on my franchise Gray became the Cardinals head coach. Whoa.

On NFL Head Coach 09, on my franchise Gray became the Cardinals head coach. Whoa.

Please give a brief summary on how NFL Head Coach 09 works / is played. I'm not familiar with it. Is it bundled with or a feature on Madden 09? I think I saw a "Special Edition" Madden 09 or 10 at Best Buy recently that included NFL Head Coach 09 or 10 in the same package. Anyway, how did Jerry Gray manage to work his way up the ranks on your franchise in the game? Was he just named head coach out of the blue, or did you have a direct effect on him being named head choach? This game sounds pretty interesting, I'm intrigued...

Also, you need to check out this post, it is "somewhat" significant to the topic we're discussing:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12264

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Not related to the league currently, but I didn't want to start a new thread about an old TSB favorite. Spotted Don "Majik Man" Majkowski singing karaoke at a sports bar in Alpharetta, GA recently.

Was he any good?

Not unless he was singing with Sterling Sharpe.

Right now, as of Monday, August 31, 2009 at 6:25pm I count two original TSB players aka survivors still on the NFL island or rosters. From what I've read, they both seem to have jobs secured for this upcoming season.

John Carney, Kicker, Saints, 21 years

Jeff Feagles, Punter, Giants, 22 years

I know Madden 10 isn't something we try to emulate around here but I have an idea that I think is only fitting.

madden-10-cover-243x300.jpg

I think whichever game becomes this year's "official" TSB for this site should have a cover similar to Madden 10's but with Carney and Feagles on the cover! I know, I know, they're kickers/punters and all that but it's amazing they're still around. Like TSB, like us few remaining TSB players, everyone should give them some respect! That being said, I have zero skills at photoshop and am simply an idea man. Maybe two action shots of them kicking towards one another?! :D

Thoughts?

I know for me, personally, when I see Jeff Feagles and John Carney on my screen--I'm ready for some football.

That's why I like you... you're smart like me! (assuming your post wasn't super thick sarcasm)

And, don't act like you've never giggled when you've heard or said, "Jeff Feagles from the Eagles!"

Sarcasm is a nasty word saved for those will vulnerability and acceptance issues. I prefer to think of it as 'irony'. :D

I'm with you, though. Hell, if I played in the NFL for twenty years, I'd hope somebody would finally stick me on the cover of something too. No better start than Tecmo Super Bowl, really.

Right now, as of Monday, August 31, 2009 at 6:25pm I count two original TSB players aka survivors still on the NFL island or rosters. From what I've read, they both seem to have jobs secured for this upcoming season.

John Carney, Kicker, Saints, 21 years

Jeff Feagles, Punter, Giants, 22 years

I know Madden 10 isn't something we try to emulate around here but I have an idea that I think is only fitting.

madden-10-cover-243x300.jpg

I think whichever game becomes this year's "official" TSB for this site should have a cover similar to Madden 10's but with Carney and Feagles on the cover! I know, I know, they're kickers/punters and all that but it's amazing they're still around. Like TSB, like us few remaining TSB players, everyone should give them some respect! That being said, I have zero skills at photoshop and am simply an idea man. Maybe two action shots of them kicking towards one another?! :D

Thoughts?

That is an incredibly brilliant idea, and I'll do you one better. I don't know if anyone with the skills to do this would want to bother, but someone should alter the intro sequence on TSB where they have Montana, Sanders, and LT to have two kickers instead. Make Montana into Carney, leave Sanders and make him Adrian Peterson (just change the colors), and make LT into Feagles.

How great is this picture I found for a TSB box cover project... Feagles and Carney bumping knuckles while on the Giants! LOL

I am working on learning photoshop so I will see what I can create. I love the original cover and plan on implementing those elemets to this picture.

J.jpg

How great is this picture I found for a TSB box cover project... Feagles and Carney bumping knuckles while on the Giants! LOL

I am working on learning photoshop so I will see what I can create. I love the original cover and plan on implementing those elemets to this picture.

J.jpg

I just made that the new background on my desktop. Love it.

Wonder twin powers combine

Form of a mule

Form of a dome (all kickers love domes)

J.jpg

Wonder twin powers combine, Form of a mule, Form of a dome (all kickers love domes)

You made me choke on my milk. Why did the twins always form into water of some kind?! Thankfully, Hollywood hasn't brought that back to life, yet. Your "form of a mule" also reminded me of the Disney movie "GUS" from the 70's about a football field goal kicking mule! It starred Ed Asner and Don Knotts and to get the mule to perform they had to yell, "Oyage!" Classic cinema. Feagles & Carney were probably inspired by the film. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...