Tecmo NCAA Basketball - Next Project!

central.png

The joys of palette-sharing among sprites.  Kentucky has become the first casualty of palettes being shared between team logos, as they share the same one between Baylor, Arkansas, Florida, and Oklahoma.  My choices were to have a green Kentucky logo, or a blue Gator (and a blue Baylor logo).  I'm sure there's a way around this, but unfortunately, I have not reached that point.

Soon.  I figure to be done with the logos this week.  Next week, I will be working on the individual homecourt logos.  As far as data goes, I figure to use last year's teams and rosters because I'll have hard data to work with, and not speculated data (plus, I want a ROM that has Rakeem Christmas on it).  I based the team simdata on last year's "points for" and "points against" statisics. 

If I'm to guess... within a month.

A couple of small tweaks that should improve gameplay:

1) Due to the flickering of players, keeping track of who has the ball can be a chore.  I increased the size of the ball by 33% (from six pixels wide to eight), and added a white stripe to it (otherwise, the ball is orange against an orange court).

2) Moved the TecmoBowl.org logo from center court and put it on the face of the scorer's table.

CR3EiDEXAAEZCmI.png