OG Tecmo Bowl Newspaper Team Name Error...

QuackQuack

So I'm using Tecmo Bowl Manager and I've run into an issue. Whenever the letter Z is used in a team name, the newspaper clipping at the end references completely different letters (pic attached). Basically I'm trying to find the hex location for this text and swap out the jumble with the proper Z letter. My problem is, I can't locate the Z tiles... Anyone have any suggestions or tips??

Thanks!

post-14907-0-38364500-1442167456_thumb.p

So I'm using Tecmo Bowl Manager and I've run into an issue. Whenever the letter Z is used in a team name, the newspaper clipping at the end references completely different letters (pic attached). Basically I'm trying to find the hex location for this text and swap out the jumble with the proper Z letter. My problem is, I can't locate the Z tiles... Anyone have any suggestions or tips??

Thanks!

attachicon.gifTBowl_Score_Z_Error.png

Does the original ever use a Z? Maybe there isn't one. I'm not sure off the top of my head

Does the original ever use a Z? Maybe there isn't one. I'm not sure off the top of my head

You're totally right... Located the tiles and there is no set that makes a Z. My idea right now is to try and find the hex location for the "!" tiles and remove it from the end of every team. Then change the tiles to make a "Z" and plug those in for Arizona.... It might prove to be too much work but I'm giving it a go!

Annnnd... Nevermind. Quickly realized that, like the endzones, a bunch of the tiles are shared among different letters...ugghh.

Ha..yeah...that's definitely always an issue.

I cracked open the rom real quick...it looks like there is a Z in there

c3b883fa23.png

Yeah, you're right

4f93427bda.png

You could check to see if the 5 blank ties after the numbers are being used anywhere.

I did the same thing when I came across that "Z." Got really excited for a second. I'll give your suggestion a go! If that doesn't work I'll probably combine some existing tiles to make something that looks kind of like a Z...