NCAA 2015-16

keirre21

I still have an old beta rom you were working on with the read option. I really like the concept on this one, Is the throw off the read option only a 1 WR route?

I just set it for a 1 WR route to test my added logic. It's different from the old beta rom. The old beta rom had random logic that jstout coded to either handoff or not handoff. The QB didn't read anything, however, the new logic I wrote does. Now when creating plays I can set the defensive player for the QB to read for the option and can read the downfield coverage. In this example, the QB reads the NT (moving, not moving, RB side, QB side, etc.) to determine keep or give. Then if he keeps, while running he reads the SS & LC (their depth down the field, side of field they're on, etc.) to determine if he takes a chance throwing the deep ball or runs it. I have much more for the college game besides just this though.

I just set it for a 1 WR route to test my added logic. It's different from the old beta rom. The old beta rom had random logic that jstout coded to either handoff or not handoff. The QB didn't read anything, however, the new logic I wrote does. Now when creating plays I can set the defensive player for the QB to read for the option and can read the downfield coverage. In this example, the QB reads the NT (moving, not moving, RB side, QB side, etc.) to determine keep or give. Then if he keeps, while running he reads the SS & LC (their depth down the field, side of field they're on, etc.) to determine if he takes a chance throwing the deep ball or runs it. I have much more for the college game besides just this though.

I"m intrigued. What are some of your other ideas?

These are some of the hacks and commands that I have completed in a rom I was set to release soon:

2 return men deep for punts & kickoffs (kickoffs=normal KR and RCB, 50/50 on who returns it when kickoff is down the middle, RCB if aimed to the top, normal KR if aimed to the bottom, forcing you to try to kick away from either one; punts=normal PR and LCB, same scenario as the kickoff using my directional punt hack)

New stance animations for RB/WR/TEs based on which side of the field they're on and their depth behind the LOS. Same goes for LB/DBs(These are actually in the video I posted)

post-7257-0-25301000-1447303158_thumb.pn

Man controlled offensive and defensive formation shifts. For example, move ILBs presnap to show blitz but run their normal role, or actually blitz, however, the offense won't know which one, but you will.

Ball Carrier Vision=Runner reads selected defender to decide whether to break off path or take an alternate path at a given spot such as a cutback lane, or even just give player control to COM/MAN player.

A Zone M2M command=Sets player to zone or pause at a specific spot while randomly reading the offensive skill players or reading a specific one. If that player(s) come in the zone area, defender will play man on him, otherwise defender will sit in the zone waiting. (Great way to fool offense into thinking a WR/RB/TE is open when you're sending a blitz.

These are just to name a few of the many i have up and running.

Edited by xplozv

No posts forever and then BAM! 6 posts and from some heavy hitters.  :-D 

I've said from the beginning that I'm more of a producer now than a creator and especially if we have Buck and Xplozv in the mix!  I'm in charge of recruiting ;-) , team selection, schedule, uniform colors and usage.  I can help with ratings, depth charts, and do minor tweaks to graphics too so that it is more NCAA than NFL.

I know Keirre said he has a rom he wants to use with most of the helmets already done but if buck or xplozv has a rom with more college-esque features we want we should probably go with one of those instead and have the helmets fixed later.  Isn't that the smart move?

Xplozv, that read option video you posted looks awesome.  If it's glitch free, I'm sure everyone would love it on the rom!

From what I've read in this thread I think these are the final teams.  Let's finalize this now.

SEC EAST:  UF, GA, TENN, TXAM

SEC WEST:  LSU, ALA, OLE, MSS

ACC:  CLM, FSU, UNC, DUK  (Out - PIT, MIA, VT, cuse, bc) 

AAC/INDEP:  HOU, TEMP, NAVY, ND  (Out - Memphis)

BIG12:  OKS, BAY, TCU, OKL  (Out - Texas)

BIG10 EAST:  OSU, MSU, MICH, PSU

BIG10 WEST:  IOWA, WIS, NW, NEB  (Out - Illinois)

PAC12:  STAN, UTAH, UCLA, WASH ST  (Out - U$C, Oregon, Boise)

Okay, so let's get this rom rolling.  We have the 32 teams decided since NO ONE posted against my last list.  Shame on you.  Let's move on!  I like buck's idea of doing the ratings the way he suggested on page two (posted below) and I posted the spreadsheet of the position groups from Phil Steele's magazine earlier in the thread on page 3.  It's not perfect now that the season is 3/4 done but it works for what we need.  Hopefully, Xplozv will post a rom soon that we could use.  Keirre, what sites do you want to use for depth charts/names?

Anyone else that wants to help please post!  If you like a certain team or conference and can help with them please speak up.

PM me a list of 32 teams divided into 8 groups of 4.  (I could see there being a "division 2" or other small schools 4-team conference, but that's just an idea.  I have no issues with making it all the top 32-division 1 teams)

for each team, rank*:

QB, RB , WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, K as a:  0,1,2,3  

with 0 being the worst, 3 being the very best (relative to this particular set of 32 teams!)

*and I don't mean you need to rank ALL the teams players, just the starter(s) or the unit "in general".

if any other notes are needed (like a running QB system) or whatever, then throw that in there as well.

that will get the ball rolling.

Edited by fatcheerleader

• 2 weeks later...

Things are looking good!  Xplozv is almost done the base rom we are going to use and it's going to be great.

The PAC12 is the only conference that has changed and is now STAN, ORE, U$C, UCLA.

WASH ST & UTAH are out.  Sure, you could say UTAH over UCLA but we are talking 24th and 26th so the rivalry wins in my opinion.

Stay tuned...

Edited by fatcheerleader

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...