Decreasing defensive JJ's

Just as the ball is thrown to a target and my defender is covering the receiver, he jumps right before the ball lands but allows the receiver to catch it and gain extra yards. How do I decrease the rate of jj`s so that I'm not screaming over a completed pass that shouldn't have been?

there are a number of ways to attack the problem

1. increase the number of passes that end up on target

2. make off target passes go farther off target

3. increase the rate at which defenders jump

4. decrease the rate at which WR's jump

5. increase the threshold for defenders tipping the ball rather than jumping and whiffing

I take it that you're editing a rom that someone else made?  

because it sounds like the rom you're using has a hack applied.  it is not normal for defenders to jump like you describe.

Its one of the 32 team ROMs. Come to think of it Buck, it's one of your older versions lol, 2012 I believe. I just update rosters with each teams best players throughout history. Just use it for personal use really.

yeah, that probably is one of those "highspeed" roms, and there are all kinds of hacks on that.  

but like I was saying, I know that it has xplozv's "defender jump" hack.  in that case, the jumping CAN be reduced or even turned back to "normal".  I will take a look later tonight and possibly post some code....or you can Personal Message me the actual rom and I will tweak the code for you.