New York, NY - 10/17/15 - The New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2015

netsbagroupheader.png

The New York City Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

When: Saturday, October 17th, 2015- Setup and registration starts @ 10:00 AM EST; Play will start @ 11:00 AM EST.

Location: BREAK Bar & Billiards, 32-04b Broadway, Astoria, NY 11106
(Approx. 15 minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Uptown N train to Broadway in Queens)

Desired Number of Participants: 32-48

Buy-in: $30 cash at the door, 20% off via online registration before Sept. 30

Equipment: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (RF Switch/AV Cable).

Tourney Format: Group play will include a minimum of 4 players in each group playing one another in round-robin format. Once group play is completed, all players move on to the bracket and are seeded according to their finish in their group standings and record. The bottom half of the field plays each other in the first round of the bracket. All other players with better records get BYEs. The better you do in group play, the more BYEs you may receive (for some, it may be at least two or three BYEs). The Single Elimination Bracket will decide who will be the NYC Tecmo Super Bowl Champion!

Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to top three participants. All participants will be eligible to win raffle prizes throughout the day.

How to Register: Registration is open through the Northeast Tecmo website www.northeasttecmo.com. Tournament entry is $30, but if you pre-register and pay online through Paypal before September 30th, you will receive a 20% discount!

Questions: Feel free to post questions about the tournament below or you can direct them to [email protected]

This is our fifth year hosting the tournament at Break!  Come celebrate Tecmo with us on October 17!

i'll go halves with a room with ya if u want.

Would really like to come this year. Is anyone able to put me up for a night or two?

Let's get it on in the city of big dreams and big schemes. You know i'll be there SON.

u flying or driving? Can i get some practice games anytime Edited by red98sethuthut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I posted a list of participants on the site.  If you haven't filled out the form online and paid, please do so and I'll include you!

Spoke to Timbone last night and we will probably be in. Depends on a few things happening

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make accommodations easier.  Have either of you guys been to the NYC area before?  I can offer up some suggestions.  Also, Lou and Mort are good people to talk to since they've travelled from Buffalo every year and know what the travel is like.

I am definitely coming up this year from Philly and I'm gonna try and organize a carpool of Philly tourney guys to join me.

But I'm coming solo if I have to... and I *might* actually play a game or two at some point before the tourney.

I am excited for you coming this year.  Any time I've seen you play in a NES tournament, you've always done well.  I would love to see where you would rank the NFTGL guys in the NES version!

Thanks to some good changes at work, boom baby!!! Anthony and I are in now.

Thanks for making it every single year.  I remember playing you guys back in 2011.  You guys have developed your game so much since then!

Nice yo. I'm starting to get excited. I hope all the Tecmo Enthusiasts in the Northeast can make it out to this, one of the great events in Sports.

Personally, I am coming off back to back major titles in Buffalo and the PNW. The journey to Queens will be not unlike Jordan Spieth's journey to St Andrews after capturing the Masters and the US Open. I hope I can give it as spirited a run as he did.

Hey all, I posted a list of participants on the site.  If you haven't filled out the form online and paid, please do so and I'll include you!

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make accommodations easier.  Have either of you guys been to the NYC area before?  I can offer up some suggestions.  Also, Lou and Mort are good people to talk to since they've travelled from Buffalo every year and know what the travel is like.

I am excited for you coming this year.  Any time I've seen you play in a NES tournament, you've always done well.  I would love to see where you would rank the NFTGL guys in the NES version!

Thanks for making it every single year.  I remember playing you guys back in 2011.  You guys have developed your game so much since then!

Some suggestions on where to stay would be cool. Looking at priceline to try to see what is close and such. would like to stay around $100 mark a night if possible. I've never been to NYC before

Here is a writeup from a couple of years ago that one of the NYC Tecmo guys wrote up:

http://www.northeasttecmo.com/new-york-city/accommodations/

How long would you be coming out for?  NYC is a very big and busy place and can feel that way especially if it is your first time.  After having been to Ohio and Buffalo, I will say things are quite a bit cheaper out where you guys are (especially the drinks).  :)

Like an old chinese martial arts master I've been mediating alone on top of an peaked mountain waiting in earnest for the tournament. Perhaps its finnally time to come down to cilization to practice the ancient art of tecmo.

Edited by red98sethuthut

That's great!  It looks like we might have two streams going at the tournament this year!

Also, we got some mentions in a few Queens newspapers, thanks to Ryan!

http://queenscourier.com/astoria-bar-to-host-nintendo-tournament-featuring-popular-90s-video-game/

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20151009/astoria/90s-gamers-square-off-tecmo-super-bowl-tournament-astoria