Ken Griffey Baseball 2015

Here's a sneak preview of my next project, Ken Griffey Baseball 2015:

kgb.jpg

A couple nuances to note, however.  For starters, there are no Tampa Bay Rays or Arizona Diamondbacks.  Also, Washington will be playing in Montreal, and the Astros and Brewers are in the incorrect leagues. 

I'm going against my previous RBI Baseball method of basing the ratings only on the previous season.  On Baseball-Reference.com, there is a feature that determines what a player's stats will be based on a full 162-game season, so I am basing the ratings on what a player has accomplished over his entire career.  Instead of basing Alex Rodriguez's stats on his 0 HR, .000 AVG from 2014, he will be rated based on his average 41 HR, .299 AVG career clip.  This method I find to be helpful when rating injured or suspended players.

Ken Griffey 2015.smc

Edited by Baron von Lector

While working on this ROM and the player models, I've noticed two things about Major League Baseball in 2015 that differs from 1994... Too many baby-faces and not enough mustaches.  Through eleven teams, I've only used the mustache once!

Mustaches aren't cool anymore.

Mustaches aren't cool anymore.

I've gotta respectfully disagree, my friend. I think being yourself is cool, and if you're meant for a stache you can pull it off. I know a few dudes that rock it just right....

That said, I so can't wait for this, Sir Baron! Again. You are a machine.

Some crumbs.  It's impossible to tell which is the photograph Ichiro and which is the in-game Ichiro.

kgb41.jpg

Hmmm ok I give up. Which one is the real one?

Also... looking forward to this. I used to play this game a lot as a kid.

Edited by mediumokra

did I say that I am highly anticipating this rom? because I sure as heck am lol

Samesies. We wore this shit out back in the day. For a good time you should pick up Sportstalk Baseball for the Genesis and try to play through a season with the sound on..

Ugh, the KGB2015 ROM just got wonky on me.  While exporting team data, instead of saving as a .txt file (which I clearly selected), it saved the data as a .smc file.  What does this mean?  That my ROM has been reduced to nothing more than a 2kb text file.  >.<  That's okay, though.  I'll be able to implement my pitching rating formula the second time around, and I'll work on it from home.

Onward!

So as not to repeat what happened yesterday (accidentally copying over the KGB2015 ROM with a .txt file), I'm going to keep a backup copy of the ROM stored at the beginning of this thread.  I guess this could also serve as a demo or beta version.  At the present time, there are 3/28 teams (Yankees, Brewers, and Blue Jays).