Phoenix, AZ - 08/08/15 - Arizona Tecmo V

00D0D_3nrVGGLh9I5_600x450.jpg

This is shaping up to be the biggest arizona tournament yet!!!

We are looking at approximately 12-24 competitors. 

Madison Rules.

A World Cup Style format is in the works with group play to start then a seeded 8 man single elimination to crown the best TECMOER IN ARIZONA.

Please spread the word and RSVP! 

Let me know if you can bring equipment, we need more games and controllers specifically.

EDIT (NEW FLYER):

We are working with the owner of the bar on donating to Operation Supply Drop (http://www.operationsupplydrop.org/), a charity which gives gaming to troops. so the buy in has been upped to $15, 5 of which will go towards the charity. In turn the bar, who have already donated $1200 to them, is going to donate 1$ per pint during the tourney. As well they are tossing in  a $25 gift cert for 1st, a pair of our first edition pint glasses (only 300 made, have not been available for purchase since last year) for 2nd, and a growler (empty) for third place.

TecmoSuperBowlAZ5 (2).pdf

Edited by disastamasta142

I should come down there and SMASH everybody in yo tournament.........Im'a be in Californ-I-A next week.......to bad I'm wit my girl....or I would...BELIEVE THAT

(p.s.  You shoulda' named this Tourney "The Rize of The PHOENIX"...and had a pick of Johnny Johnson on yo promotion cover...Jesus Christ, this is a PHX tournament...what the f*cc were you thinkin'???...seriously.....what the fuck where you thinking?)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I should come down there and SMASH everybody in yo tournament.........Im'a be in Californ-I-A next week.......to bad I'm wit my girl....or I would...BELIEVE THAT

(p.s. You shoulda' named this Tourney "The Rize of The PHOENIX"...and had a pick of Johnny Johnson on yo promotion cover...Jesus Christ, this is a PHX tournament...what the f*cc were you thinkin'???...seriously.....what the fuck where you thinking?)

You are welcome to come.

I will happily pay your entry fee for this tournament as that money will most assuredly go to me or one of my fellow arizonians, and not some chump JJ fanboy from the pnw.

You are welcome to come.

I will happily pay your entry fee for this tournament as that money will most assuredly go to me or one of my fellow arizonians, and not some chump JJ fanboy from the pnw.

Pllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeease fool......you couldn't hold my jockstrap.  The only thing cool about your city is that Johnny Johnson played there for 3 years.  Other than that, whaddaya got???  Who the f*%k cares about you or the Suns.

11 Days to go!!!

as of now we have 

14 confirmed participants

and

17 maybes...

Due to location and equipment constraints, if we have over 20 participants we may run a double elimination tournament from the start. over 24 particpants and we will definitely run a double elim. Otherwise we are sticking to group play and 8-12 man elimination tourney after (2 from each group advance).

Pllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeease fool......you couldn't hold my jockstrap.  The only thing cool about your city is that Johnny Johnson played there for 3 years.  Other than that, whaddaya got???  Who the f*%k cares about you or the Suns.

I'll be rolling in with my three brothers and we roll deep. come on down. we got 75 years of tecmo playing amongst us

TOURNAMENT RECAP

AZ TSB V was a huge success. Shout out to 8-bit brewery for hosting us (The best host of all 5 tournaments). Thanks to Sean for running the tournament, and to those who brought equipment and participated. It was our biggest tournament yet with 23 participants. It looks like tecmo is growing here in the Valley of the Sun. We were able to raise over $100 dollars to the charity Operation Supply Drop. Special Shoutout to first timeer Tim for donating $100 out of his own pocket for the prize money as well. 

GROUP PLAY

5 groups of four and one group of 3. Two from every group advanced to a double elimination 12 man championship bracket. http://challonge.com/AZTecmoSuperBowlV/groups  .

-We did our best to create even groups and it looks like there was good distribution of talent all around, (from those who had played less than 10 lifetime games, others with hundreds of games but 15 years ago, prodigies in the making, madison tournament participants, online tecmoers, hacking geniuses and your returning champion and tournament placers.

-The 4 brothers (eightbitt, basementnemesis, adversity, phishrules) dominated their groups all going 3-0 and taking 3 of the 4 byes in elimination play. It was great to see all you there driving up from tucson, flying from costa rica and wisconsin. 

- Myself and newcomer Tim (claims he's never played online or in any tournaments) also go undefeated in group play. 

- Newcomers greg, pat, RJ also advance to elimination play along with returning placers Dan, Clint, and Robert.

Elimination Bracket

http://challonge.com/AZTecmoSuperBowlV#

I can't really explain much because I was focused in on my own games. But I faced 3 of the burkhardt brothers in a row,

---1st game (jets/cardinals) I was down 21-7 in the 3rd quarter after losing 3 fumbles, I came back and tied it at the end of the 4th forcing OT. Andrew gets the Toss but is soon forced to punt and I end up pulling of a miraculous comeback and win 27-21

---2nd game (saints/jets) I was also down the entire game against Mike, he controlled the game from the start. I score with about 2 minutes left in the game to tie at 21-21. He begins to drive for a game-winning FG. He tries to get a quick throw in underneath mcmillan with about 20 seconds left in the game and mcmillan picks it off and tries to get OOB but gets drone grappled as time is clicking. I throw off the defender and get OOB with 2 seconds left and kick a game winning FG 24-21

---3rd game (vikings/rams) I got up early on tom 21-7 i believe, but he came battling back throwing 2 consecutive TD's 80 yard bombs with everett to anderson. Tie game with about 1 minute left and I have ball. Shotgun 3 AC is running free up top and i lob it up and he runs into FG range and OOB with 5 seconds left. Game winning FG. 27-24

Tim played the b brothers 5 straight times (tom x2) and goes 5-1 in elimination play and advances to the championship game. Very impressive run for a first tourney and no online experience. And he says he has a couple brothers in phoenix who werent able to make it that are the same or if not better than him. 

Championship Game

Tim vs me

I choose matchup and get the team I want with my dolphins vs his bengals. i throw an early pick on a called play and Tim jumps out to a 7-0 lead. It was all dolphins from there with marinos lasers and I win my 5th consecutive AZTSB championship. 21-7. This was definitely the most competitive and it looks like we are growing and growing

Prizes to top three

1st - Isaac (disastamasta142)

2nd - Tim

3rd - Tom (eightbitt)

Others 

4th - Mike B

5th/6th - Peter B and Andrew B

7th/8th - Clint (we played a scrimmage on the TSB 15 and his seahawks beat my cardinals....my only loss of the day) and Dan

9th-12th - Pat,Robert,RJ, and Greg

Edited by disastamasta142

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I just discovered this site the other day.  I had no idea people were doing live tournaments like this.  I would have driven down from Las Vegas and stayed with a friend if I had known about it sooner.  I look forward to future tournaments!