Reset cartridge madness

DeBerg

I haven't been able to much SNES in the past 8 or 9 months for a lot of personal reasons. I have been so busy this past year working and getting back into music and setting up a recording station. Though lately I've had off time so I started playing the SNES again.

I started a season playing every game, as I enjoy to do, when the cartridge accidentally got pushed in with the power on causing a reset, nice as you please.

Since this reset happened, the behavoir of the teams in the new season seems to be identical to how they were behaving during week 8 when the reset happened. 

This is what happened in my first season before the reset 

Raiders - Started 5-0 and were kicking total ass until they ran into the Chargers and got destroyed 41-17. (7-1)

This Raiders team was winning nail biter games, which was crazy as hell. The COM was nearly beating me every week. Then I played them with the Chargers and destroyed them, and the next week they were back to struggling like an average team. 

Falcons - Started 0-4, and then won 4 in a row in blow outs. Defense was playing lights out all of a sudden. (4-4) 

The Falcons are a great team in this game if you can handle their pass happy offense, and it was firing on all cylinders. 

Chiefs - Started out average at 2-3, but won the next few games, including a blowout 41-10 over Green Bay. (5-3)

The Chiefs struggled on offense and was barely winning games until this blow out over Green Bay and then they started to look hot. 

Jets - Started out 2-2 and broke into a streak of 3 game wins with a high flying offense. (5-2)

The Jets were topping an average of 300-400 yards a game before the cartridge reset.

Now this is what happened with these teams AFTER the cartridge reset.

(I am at week 5 currently) 

Raiders - Again winning nail biters, yet was destroyed by the Chiefs (45-14), they are playing like an average team. (3-2)

I played against the Raiders as I did the other season when the Browns game came up, and the last season where they started 5-0, they injured Kosar and won 31-21. This time they won 28-21 on a nail biter after stopping the Browns from scoring on the final drive. Defense was all over the place.

The defense played hot as the COM until the Chiefs game where they got dismantled by 40 points, now they're like an average team again. 

Falcons - This Falcons team started out juiced for the season playing hot like they did in my failed season. (1-4)

The first two games (Detroit and New Orleans) went into Overtime where they lost by field goals. Their defense limited Barry Sanders and limited the Saints. 

Vs San Fran, they got a 13 point lead that they melted away to lose by 1 point, then vs Pittsburgh they lost by a field goal after trailing 24-0 and rallying to score 21 points in the fourth quarter. I have never seen the Falcons play like this where they can score and rack up big plays on constantly. 

Vs Chicago, they win in a blow out 38-7 (I like Atlanta this season, going to play out them and see what happens in the playoffs) 

Chiefs - Blow out team just as they were last season, (4-1) 

Minus a loss to Houston where I chose Moon. Trailing 28-3, they came back and made it closer at 35-24, where they got hot after a turnover. 

This Chiefs team can't stop scoring. Barry Word runs all over the place just like he did over Green Bay in my failed season, and the defense gets turnovers often, just as they were doing before the season reset. Vs Denver, they won 50-12 in a game where Elway threw 3 interceptions, and Bernstine fumbled twice, all of which lead to scores (offense barely mustered 250 yards in this game) 

Jets - Holy batman, this team can score some points. (4-1) 

The Jets offense is a scoring machine this season. Boomer Esiason is the QB that got me to 300 yards passing in 2 quarters (the quickest). These guys cannot be stopped. Outside the season opener loss to Denver (28-30, they were hard to stop then) they are extreme. 

Before the season reset, they were a high scoring offense that racked up yards, and points even with backup players. Nagle came in after Boomer went down and threw 300 yards as the COM vs me when I was the Giants. Alson in the last season; they managed to keep up with Buffalo and force OT, in the game where Boomer got hurt in the first quarter and Nagle played like a God.

This season though, playing with them, I just don't understand how they play so hot. Even if I put in all backups, the backups catch everything, and Pat Chaffey runs well on handoffs. 

They had a three game win streak where Boomer threw for 300+, no interceptions and scoring 40 points in each game (Vs the Dolphins, they won 47-9, vs NE they won 45-7, and vs PHILLY they won 48-41)

All four of these teams picked up their behavoir they were undergoing when the season reset.

I could make the same observation with a few other teams,but I haven't paid attention to them like I have these. 

Cartridge resets half way into season, then start a new season, and these teams are flying high. It's crazy! Never seen the Jets and Falcons play so tough. It's like they are the 49ers and Bills this season! 

Edited by DeBerg