Those were the days -- when we had no idea why the Saints were bomb at KR and the Bengals were bomb at PR (SS Fulcher). If you knew those teams had automatic good returners and your opponent didn't, you kind of had a secret weapon going.

Good work on the two TD season w/ Jennings. I checked the stats of my recent Bengals "defense + special teams only" and I only had one PR TD with Eddie Brown. I thought Ickey would be my jam that season, but he only ranked 12th in the league with like a 10 yd per return avg.

14 KR TDs with Fennerty is pretty terrific. I think I'll shoot for 20 team KR TDs for the season.

Dude, you said it. I used to fake sick just to bust out a season or two. Definitely had my Fenerty record way back then. I'm sure I played shit defense and had many opportunities...

As for Jennings, I was probably around 25 at the time, and remember the second touchey being some of the finest juking/zig-zagging of my Tecmo career. Think George Costanza/Frogger. Except instead of eating pizza, I smoked a bong.

That said, I just completed the Grogan challenge (falling painfully short), and I believe it was your inspiration driving me to start my first D/ST the other night. So awesome so far. Picked Houston for the Dick Johnson. I'm actually 2-0. Zendejas making some bombs, and have scored on a fumbled punt return in each game..my goal was 5 wins, so I'm feeling it. Super fun so far, my man!

As for Jennings, I was probably around 25 at the time, and remember the second touchey being some of the finest juking/zig-zagging of my Tecmo career. Think George Costanza/Frogger. Except instead of eating pizza, I smoked a bong

Seinfeld and weed reference in the same quote. Love it. Instead of having he perfect amount of pizza grease, was it the perfect amount of resin off the carb?

That said, I just completed the Grogan challenge (falling painfully short), and I believe it was your inspiration driving me to start my first D/ST the other night. So awesome so far. Picked Houston for the Dick Johnson. I'm actually 2-0. Zendejas making some bombs, and have scored on a fumbled punt return in each game..my goal was 5 wins, so I'm feeling it. Super fun so far, my man!

Those D/ST seasons are fun. It's incredibly satisfying just to make the playoffs with poorer teams. The Oilers are a good team to start with. My recommendation is to not overlook the value of LB4 Childress -- he's nasty quick and can blow up some major backfield. Also using Childress to blitz a mediocre-to-poor QB around the end or up the middle can lead to Dick Johnson doing his thang. Of course, the rest of their secondary is pretty sick too. 

I'm not sure, but at least 3. post-14470-0-45915900-1437301699_thumb.p

Great year for my main man. Led the league in both INTs and sacks. Defensive MVP.

post-14470-0-51427100-1437301735_thumb.ppost-14470-0-32759000-1437301784_thumb.p

Playoff bound! post-14470-0-99280200-1437301820_thumb.p

Then there's our Offensive MVP. I don't really know what to say. This guy is the fucking cat's pajamas. His punt kicks were outta control. Whether it be pinning some mofos deep, or putting that funky spin on it to make guys fumble, Monty G is where it's at!.......Then there's this cocksucker...

post-14470-0-31940800-1437301890_thumb.p

Now this fat sonovabitch kept me from Tecmo relations for almost a whole week. Holy shit. His fast arrow. His shit range. The fact that he lives in bad condition. Lest we forget, this jackwagon misses 2 FGs in our playoff game with Seattle.

post-14470-0-39274800-1437301937_thumb.p

And that was that. This is my 69th post. I had a super sweet celebration planned and everything. But after missing Marv Cook in the seam to win the Grogan Challange, this fucker put me on hiatus. No matter, to quote my man Anthony Andrews.."Keep grinding"..we'll be back..

Oh, and one more thing...post-14470-0-29353100-1437301968_thumb.p

Fuck you, Tony Zendejas.

Ah,poor Tony! His suckiness sure sticks out on a team with an elite offense and great defense. It sure does make a difference on these 'D&ST only' seasons whether you have a dependable kicker or not. All the sudden the Broncos are competetive because Treadwell can knock it down from way back. And Lowry! Feels like cheating that you only have to reach your own 45 most times to get points.

By the way, happy 69th post! And sorry about Grogs.

• 2 weeks later...

post-14470-0-02440700-1438965114_thumb.p

Finally! My first D/ST Super Bowl. Missed the playoffs (7-9) with Cincy. Went 10-6 with both Pittsburgh and Chicago, losing in the first round both times. NFC title game was so sweet. Kevin Butler was someone else's problem this time.

post-14470-0-40007400-1438964996_thumb.ppost-14470-0-35161800-1438965052_thumb.ppost-14470-0-33646100-1438965090_thumb.p

Obviously, this guy is a fucking machine.

post-14470-0-56302400-1438964894_thumb.p

As is this guy.

post-14470-0-89085200-1438965508_thumb.p

But it'd been all for naught without Fuad. Thank you, Fuad. If there is a Fuad out there with more heart, I don't want to know about it.

post-14470-0-81187200-1438965139_thumb.p

Cheers!post-14470-0-07131500-1438965722_thumb.p

CONGRATS!!!

The Vikings were a fun season, as I recall Millard and Merriweather getting in on the action, not to mention Col. Carl Lee from time to time. While not an elite team per se, the Vikes have quite a few contributors on D. And as you mentioned, Fuad and Herschel on special teams.

Man, those 3-0 playoff games can sure get intense!!!

That 21 INT with Browner is super impressive. I don't think I've ever gotten to 20 in a season, though I may have gotten 18 with Haddix.

Gotta love the fiction of Tecmo, where anything is possible ... including the Vikings winning the Super Bowl!

(a little bit of Packer fan humor) :razz:

attachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.304.png

Finally! My first D/ST Super Bowl. Missed the playoffs (7-9) with Cincy. Went 10-6 with both Pittsburgh and Chicago, losing in the first round both times. NFC title game was so sweet. Kevin Butler was someone else's problem this time.

attachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.027.pngattachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.026.pngattachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.025.png

Obviously, this guy is a fucking machine.

attachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.168.png

As is this guy.

attachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.164.png

But it'd been all for naught without Fuad. Thank you, Fuad. If there is a Fuad out there with more heart, I don't want to know about it.

attachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.021.png

Cheers!attachicon.gifTecmo_super_bowl.291.png

Damn man, you sure seem to have a knacc for scoring with the 'D'...........Herschel is a f*cc!n' machine, and pretty much a terninator in EXCELLENT condition.  He's one of those players that can kinda do everything on offense.  Kinda like Johnny Johnson. but not quite ;)

• 2 weeks later...

post-14470-0-43717600-1440098040_thumb.p

So another D/ST season with a bit of excitement..Cobb was going bananas for the first half, and cooled off considerably. Wayne only got to good, never excellent. Tied the Colts to back in, and Christie banged a 75 yarder for the win against Da Bears. Then with little hope left...

post-14470-0-81660100-1440098066_thumb.p

Boom. Note the funky spin in the up close shots. The "Royal Spin", I suppose. Norwood. Wide Right Karma. And taking Cobb out karma.

post-14470-0-56411900-1440098119_thumb.p

Luck runs out...

post-14470-0-94779400-1440098141_thumb.p

Didn't even check to see who won the Super Bowl, because it wasn't me.

DUDE. Slipping into the playoffs at .500 -- better yet, at sub-.500 -- is the TITS.

It always feels good to get at least one playoff win, cause that crap is FA REEL. Stopping Muster/Anderson is no joke my friend. Haddixing Harbaugh, however, definitely is.

Boom. Note the funky spin in the up close shots. The "Royal Spin", I suppose. Norwood. Wide Right Karma. And taking Cobb out karma.

The "Royal" English ... I love it! It's mad fun tallying how many P cov TDs I can accrue in a season. Praise should always go to the punter.