All THREE Tecmo: Convergence ROMs - NES/SNES/GEN

For ease of navigation, here are all three Tecmo Super Bowl: Convergence ROM links in one place (click on the pictures to download).  The SNES version is the original and, personally, my favorite one due to some additional features, however, there are some people who prefer the gameplay of the Genesis or NES.

supernintendo.jpg?w=636nintendo.jpg?w=636genesis.jpg?w=636

SNES - Tecmo Super Bowl Convergence.sfc

NES   - Tecmo Convergence.nes

GEN   - Tecmo Super Bowl Convergence.bin

Site admin (Knobbe?), thanks for the cleanup work and helping out with the links.  I would have provided links directly on the site, but it wasn't accepting .bin files for the Genesis version.  Looks like .zip files in the future are good.

Thanks, again!

Looks like the work of Dave.

Nice release!

• 1 month later...

Thanks.  A shame that we have yet to see a Convergence hack that is based on the current 32-team format from more recent Tecmo Super Bowl games.  If we could have that, it would be a match-made in heaven (since not only does every version of the game thus far lack the Ravens and either Texans or Titans (the Oilers can substitute for either one of these teams) but the NES and Genesis versions don't even have the Panthers and Jagaurs either (in spite the fact that neither one of these four-five teams have yet to win the big one)).  I get the fact that the Jaguars, Panthers and Texans have yet to earn their stripes, but no 2000 Baltimore Ravens?

Thanks.  A shame that we have yet to see a Convergence hack that is based on the current 32-team format from more recent Tecmo Super Bowl games.  If we could have that, it would be a match-made in heaven (since not only does every version of the game thus far lack the Ravens and either Texans or Titans (the Oilers can substitute for either one of these teams) but the NES and Genesis versions don't even have the Panthers and Jagaurs either (in spite the fact that neither one of these four-five teams have yet to win the big one)).  I get the fact that the Jaguars, Panthers and Texans have yet to earn their stripes, but no 2000 Baltimore Ravens?

The tools are available. Feel free to step up and create them.

The tools are available. Feel free to step up and create them.

I suppose I could expand the 28-team NES ROM to the 32-team version.  Originally, the NES version was simply an off-shoot of the 30-team SNES TSB3 version.  I chose the SNES TSB3 version for two reasons:  trades and free agency.  Maybe this site has rubbed off on me, but I am particularly fond of a mercenary Tim Tebow sitting in the free agency pool.

On that note, stand back, everybody!  There's 4 more teams entering the battlefield!

Hands off, I got this.

I suppose I could expand the 28-team NES ROM to the 32-team version.  Originally, the NES version was simply an off-shoot of the 30-team SNES TSB3 version.  I chose the SNES TSB3 version for two reasons:  trades and free agency.  Maybe this site has rubbed off on me, but I am particularly fond of a mercenary Tim Tebow sitting in the free agency pool.

On that note, stand back, everybody!  There's 4 more teams entering the battlefield!

Hands off, I got this.

Aww...thanks man.  At the very least, I'm looking forward to unleashing the 2000 Ravens.

And Tim Tebow in free agency?  So I could give whatever team I want to play Tim Tebow?  That is awesome.

Also, quick question:  Would you count the Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans as being one and the same (as they were indeed so in real life), or would the Houston Texans get in the way?  I don't know why with the former since the Jets and Giants share the same stadium and region just fine; I'm just a little curious.  But in case the Oilers get retired--or retained, but at the expense of the Tennessee Titans--can I recommend the 2012 Houston Texans (probably about as close to a championship team we have yet seen from this franchise)?

By expanding to 32 teams, the Oilers would leave the battle and the Titans would enter in their place.  Without looking at records, I'm not sure which Texans team I would use, but it would likely be one that consists of Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and Matt Schaub.

Thus far, the Houston Texans have only made the playoffs twice; 2011 at 10-6 (they were the team that capitalized on the devastated Colts team without Peyton Manning to win an otherwise dying division easily), and 2012 at 12-6 (in spite of the return to form for the Indianapolis Colts).  In both years, they won one playoff game,  and then got their butts kicked in the divisional round.  This makes the Houston Texans the only team in NFL history never to even make it past the Divisional Round of the playoffs.  And, of course, we all remember that spectacular collapse that led to an 0-14 finish after starting out with 2 nail-biter comebacks in 2013.

Ultimately, I'd have to go with 2012 because at least in 2012, they were dangerously close to threatening for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs before losing two of their final four games--including losses against the Patriots and Colts (whom they have never beaten in their stadium before, and still have yet to do so).

• 4 weeks later...