TSB3 3-peat/freeze glitch question

I originally posted this question on the TSB3 board, but I figured I might get more of a response here.

I was reading on Wikipedia about how the game will freeze up on Tecmo Super Bowl III if you try to sign any of the "Legends" free-agents (after unlocked) after you win three Super Bowls on the SNES.  Is this glitch guaranteed to happen, and does it happen to SNES ROMs as well as SNES cartridges?

This is an important bit of information for me to know, as it will determine which path I take on my current Tecmo: Convergence project.

I originally posted this question on the TSB3 board, but I figured I might get more of a response here.

I was reading on Wikipedia about how the game will freeze up on Tecmo Super Bowl III if you try to sign any of the "Legends" free-agents (after unlocked) after you win three Super Bowls on the SNES.  Is this glitch guaranteed to happen, and does it happen to SNES ROMs as well as SNES cartridges?

This is an important bit of information for me to know, as it will determine which path I take on my current Tecmo: Convergence project.

Seems like that page needs to be edited 

• 2 weeks later...