Tecmo Minor League TSB ROM, by buck and rewhawl

buck

Akuma had the game of his life. ^^^^^

not really, actually.  the pic above represents an "average" day in AKUMA'S life - and that was done on a quick game using knobbe's online flash game player, using ARROWS and NUMPAD.  .

I have come close to 1k using controller many times.

Edited by buck

not really, actually.  the pic above represents an "average" day in AKUMA'S life - and that was done on a quick game using knobbe's online flash game player, using ARROWS and NUMPAD.  .

I have come close to 1k using controller many times.

What the hell.  I'm definitely not scoring at will on this ROM - I've been moving the ball downfield slowly.  But maybe that's just the lack of the BANG's passing game and my fear of throwing INTs.....or the season juice factor.....or (enter another excuse here). 

32 points per game during my season.  My attempt at a Belichickian Bend but Don't Break defense probably also factored into that.

Minor League Playoffs to be played tonight during Lightning/Red Wings Game 7.

*(I'm also using KEYS and ARROWS on a laptop.  No controller)*

Edited by Bodom

What the hell.  I'm definitely not scoring at will on this ROM - I've been moving the ball downfield slowly.  But maybe that's just the lack of the BANG's passing game and my fear of throwing INTs.....or the season juice factor.....or (enter another excuse here). 

32 points per game during my season.  My attempt at a Belichickian Bend but Don't Break defense probably also factored into that.

Minor League Playoffs to be played tonight during Lightning/Red Wings Game 7.

*(I'm also using KEYS and ARROWS on a laptop.  No controller)*

well, that's a totally different story - grinding with a team like BANG, or any running attack in general.  Basically, get the timing down right with AKUMA and HIKOUSHI.  I don't know of any other QB/WR combos as deadly as this, but there might be because I haven't spent a whole lot of time with some of rewhawl's teams.

but let me say that your season with BANG is pretty impressive!  32 ppg is damn good, especially at 12-4.

Edited by buck

but let me say that your season with BANG is pretty impressive!  32 ppg is damn good, especially at 12-4.

My defense has actually been horrendous.  It's my time of possession that keeps points against somewhat low - and occasionally I'll get lucky with a few picked plays or a pick.

Playoffs -

Game 1:  BANG vs. DARTS

BRUTAY dominated this game rushing for 280 yards and completing 88% of his passes.  The Darts managed to keep it close with 2 fumble returns for TDs and another KO return for a TD.

post-5893-0-32972100-1430402242_thumb.pn

Game 2:  BANG vs. RUMPUS

Not BRUTAY'S best game, but managed another 42 points.  I could not stop their rushing attack, but luckily they only rushed 13 times.

post-5893-0-86777000-1430402245_thumb.pn

post-5893-0-82171600-1430402250_thumb.pn

Super Bowl:  BANG vs. PACHYDERMS

(I dusted off the old logitec controller for this one)

BRUTAY was injured on the 4th play of this game, but ROLLS once again showed his true skills and competitiveness.  His dink and dunk style offense worked to perfection, completing 96% of his passes for 204 yards and 3 TDs.  Very Tom Brady-like.  The defense only allowed 2 rush yards on 4 carries, added 2 picks, and the BOSTON BANG followed in the footsteps of the city's Major League team and took home the title!

post-5893-0-20736200-1430402257_thumb.pn

post-5893-0-70932300-1430402265_thumb.pn

post-5893-0-95154700-1430402269_thumb.pn

Overall - awesome ROM.  That season was a lot of fun.  Once I picked a playbook and got the timing & pass progressions down, my offense became unstoppable, especially with a QB that can scramble.

Edited by Bodom

ok, so I ran a season with OSAKA.  went 16-0, and won the big game.  

OSAKA has to be the best passing attack ever created by man (that would be me).  

Defensively, all you have is a top-notch FS.  

my best WR (whom I throw to 99% of the time) missed at least 5 games due to injury.  but he still broke the game and maxed out all yards and td stats.

I never ran the ball (except for 2 accidental runs by the QB early in the season 2 for 14 yds)

never punted,

never kicked FG,

never returned any turnovers,

never ran any kicks/punts past the 20.  

All of my scoring was from passing TDs (and occasional safety).

standings screen says I got 817 points (51 ppg) and got scored on 452 points (28.3 papg).

I will list the stats from each player that had any significant stats.

QB HIKOUSHI:  180/332, 63 TD (wrong!)/18 INT, 8191 yards (is this max?)

RBs:  combined running backs caught:  36/401 and 22 TD.

WR AKUMA: 85 rec, 4095 yds (wrong!), 63 TD (wrong!)

WR KANJI: 25/1534, 18 TD

WR SUNADA: 20/1203, 11 TD

WR EBISU: 8/293, 2 TD

TE SHINKO: 6/75, 0 TD

K:  113/114 XP (I think this is wrong, too!)

I probably got maybe 2 safeties during the season and I won two games in OT (so I only got 6 points for those, plus I missed an XP or two because of being a dumbass).  I at least scored 115 passing TDs.

NEXT TIME I RUN A SEASON WITH THIS TEAM I WILL KEEP TRACK OF STATS EACH GAME!

below are the screen shots for the standings screen and the final three playoff games.

post-5602-0-35064100-1430494359_thumb.pn

post-5602-0-40935400-1430494369_thumb.pn

Edited by buck

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say I created a forum account just so I could post to say how amazing this rom is.

I've enjoyed the yearly roster updates and sometimes play with the various hacked versions for variety, but for a completely reworked game, this is AMAZING.

I haven't had this much fun playing TSB probably since early 90s when I first got it for NES. 

I've gone through two seasons, once with the Modesto Matadors and once with the Newport Hounds, and I have to say, it's a completely unique and different experience each time.  I'm definitely not as good as other players around here, but I found seasons with both teams to be very challenging but SUPER fun, once I got to know the strengths of each team and play to those strengths.

Will probably keep playing this over and over with a different team each time.

Thank you for this.

• 6 months later...

Haven't visited the site lately and haven't played Tecmo in months, but that is about to change.  Holy Buck!  Looking forward to checking this ROM out.  Christmas came a little early this year.  

Butterfly in the sky.  

I can go twice as high.

George C. Scotch is ripping it up.  Through 3 games he has 6 rushes for 244 yards and 6 TDs, and 12 catches for 748 yards and 11TDs

btw Buck, you're right, 8,191 is the max for passing yards for a QB.  Did several seasons with a ultra edited super team trying to figure out the limits for each statistical category.  Maybe I'll post the results at some point.

Thanks for all the good work! 

6 hours ago, fandouts said:

Haven't visited the site lately and haven't played Tecmo in months, but that is about to change.  Holy Buck!  Looking forward to checking this ROM out.  Christmas came a little early this year.  

Butterfly in the sky.  

I can go twice as high.

George C. Scotch is ripping it up.  Through 3 games he has 6 rushes for 244 yards and 6 TDs, and 12 catches for 748 yards and 11TDs

btw Buck, you're right, 8,191 is the max for passing yards for a QB.  Did several seasons with a ultra edited super team trying to figure out the limits for each statistical category.  Maybe I'll post the results at some point.

Thanks for all the good work! 

thank you, man.  you're very welcome.  

Reading is one of my team designs (all the teams are "even", on paper - per the design of the games and attribute distributions), but I always thought it was one of the best (most well rounded) on the game.  

and SCOTCH always seemed to go under the radar (because of his how MS) - but it looks like you've found out how to use him.

• 3 weeks later...
On December 24, 2015 at 7:56 AM, buck said:

and SCOTCH always seemed to go under the radar (because of his how MS) - but it looks like you've found out how to use him.

So Scotch's dominance was short-lived.  He was in bad shape and I realized how low his "receptions" number was.  Jack Wales took over as the main target and ended up with 47 rec/2001 yds and 21 TDs (he was in "excellent" shape for what must have been 6 or 7 games in a row).  Ended up 14-2 with 658 PF and 497 PA.  Squeaked by the Pachyderms in the playoffs(63-55) then had no trouble with the Players (35-21)and the Trouble (42-17).  Interestingly the Rainbow had only 2 sacks all season, and only 3 players in the whole league qualified on the punt return leaders board.  As you said nicely balanced team.  I've finished three other seasons.  More to come.