Centralia, WA - 07/11/2015 - The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 4 (PNWTC4)

manYo

me, vader and burn1 had some good pickleball battlez the day after PNWTC3 last year (I think I won?)..... Sunday morn went to Country Buzzin' for some power breakfast to sop up the hangover, then battled on the court and sipped the keg a bit..... hell, I was playing pickleball and hitting that keg for a handful of golden days after last year's tourney.

TOURNEY ROSTER:

1. Teddy -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  2. DT -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  3. Manyo -- CONFIRMED (Fr/Sat/Sun)
  4. BoogieWithStu -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  5. Joe B -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  6. Tick -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  7. Hanging Chadwick -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  8. Kamphuna -- CONFIRMED (Sat)
  9. InvaderStar ("I am in brothers. Count me in as #11 #Schrempf")
  10. Gripsmoke ("7-11")
  11. Randy -- QUESTIONABLE
  12. Jim "JJ" Jensen -- DOUBTFUL

Most people have confirmed, just waiting on Vader and Gripsmoke to confirm attendance......

Also, I have a few devices that allow for recording of games via USB connection..... so if you want to record your games, and it's not already being recorded (I will have two stations set-up to be recorded), then bring a laptop and we'll get it set up for you and you can carry it around to all your games.  I will have 3 extra devices, so it's possible all games could be recorded.... just need the CPUs.

^^^My spirit has confirmed...I predict Johnny Johnson will play a big part in this Tourney and prove to be a HUGE matchup problem for any poor unfortunate soul who gets the bad role on the dice...or doesn't have faith and picc's the opposite team.

man, it's true!

I was at kamp's house last night, we were playing best of 7 and all tied up 3-3 when kamp called PHX/DAL last game...... I chose DAL, and took an early 7-0 lead but Johnny was just too much down the stretch, Cards won 14-7..... not sure I'll ever pick against him again?!?!

^^^That's MY medal!!!!!!!!!!  You acted like you didn't want it, then you wouldn't even play me for it..................I even gave you the option that you could chose ANY TEAM against Phoenix and you wouldn't even do it.....................What kinda $#!t is that Randy.  It's definitely not somethin' you'd expect from an ex~Tecmo Tourney Champ.....But maybe you where smart, because the last time I played you, Johnny put up somthin' like a bucc 90 and two scores against you and the Jets at O'blarney's Pub, and you only won by a field goal...you can't even deny it because almost everyone on this thread was a witness to it.  (and yes, that was the last time you ever let me use PHX vs you)...........and yeah, I probably shouldn't even be talkin' $#!t because I can't make this years big NW Tourney.............but at least I got a good reason...............whadda YOU got.

I'm flyin in from the B tomorrow night and good news, I'm bringing some actual NW type weather with me. Saturday looks like a typical overcast maybe dip into the 70s type of NW summer day, not the 80s and 90s bullspit you guys have apparently been dealing with nonstop. Me, the Tedster, and Dan a.k.a. Hanging Chadwick a.k.a. The Protege are hopin to roll in on the early side Saturday so anyone getting in beforehand can expect a robust exhibition buffet to choose from.

Edited by DT.

Here's the recap screen from the Dal Phx game me and manny played.

attachicon.gif20150707_232453.jpg

See that Kamp........dose r' dem Johnny Johnson grindout powerback yards........that got u da "W".......It musta made ya feel a little bit like a traitor beatin' up on yo BOYZ with the greatest and most hated player in Tecmobowl history.........but then again, it probably felt weird, like somthin' you shouldn't be doing...but ya liked it...like smokin' weed for the first time ;)  

^^^Keg and medals huh........damn.  

yeah keg and medals are in the house.... slight snafu on the keg order tho and I got a full keg (1/2 barrel) instead of a smaller size, still had to pay full price (170)...... so it'll be $10-20 to drink from the keg at the tourney, whatever you want to pay, but the upper price ranges include you taking as much of it away as you can at the end (bring your own growler/pitchers, whatever), and there will be plenty since not everybody drinks like me and grip and TBK.

PNWTC4 FORMAT (finalized):

• This will be a Kumite-style of tournament, quintuple elimination.  Basically, this: you lose 5 times, you are out... LAST MAN STANDING WINS.
  • The first round will match players via random drawing.  Each round after that will pair up players "swiss-style," which basically means the top-ranked player will play the 2nd-ranked player, the #3 ranked player will play the #4 ranked player, and so on down the line... subject to the restriction that no player will play the same player twice, until such matchups become unavoidable near the end.
  • The rankings before each round will be determined by total wins, with the tiebreakers after that being, in order: head to head, total point differential, coin flip.
  • If there are an odd number of participants at the beginning of any round, then we will do a random drawing before that round to see who gets the BYE (each person allowed only one bye until all players have had one bye, then we reset).  A person with a BYE is given a win in the standings for the purpose of the rankings system.

This tournament will be live-streamed, but I'm working on switching away from twitch and just need to do some tests tonite to make sure it's all good, so that information will be posted later.