Madden 2001 - psx modding?

h4wduk3n

Hi there friends,

Lately I've been playing two football games in my spare time: tecmo superbowl (couple different roms) and madden 2001 for psx, both on my phone.

I snagged a moga controller and its an amazing experience.

Well, once I got over the weird PSX-era graphics I felt that the gameplay in madden '01 was pretty solid and i'm always getting different outcomes for plays.  

There are also some sweet animations in there, once you take the less-accurate collision detection of the era into account.

I've seen a receiver spin around to catch a slant i threw behind him only to be decked by the safety in one smooth motion.  I've also seen my running back plant his feet at the sideline and dive to grab an overthrown pass in the flat.

I've been having so much fun I'm almost done with my 2nd season of franchise mode.

So, I'm sticking my neck out a bit - but would anyone be interested in updated rosters for this game?

Thanks! 

madden 01 was a good and fun game, I played it a lot back at the time.  is psx emulation efficient and easy (I have no idea)?  that, and the file sizes of psx games, would be my main hindrance to digging into that psx rabbit hole....or is it not that bad?

Edited by buck

dude, I have a huge collection of PSX DISKS/GAMES (many are burns because my psx was modded back in the day)...so I guess I need to look into dumping those badboys.  

Yeah, PSX emulation is spot on. Come to think of it, I haven't played FF7 since the late 90s. I might have to give that a whirl.

Combine with this: http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/31/google-chromebit/ and you might have a portable, HDMI-ready bluetooth emulation device for $100?

I'm currently balls-deep in a Final Fantasy Tactics replay in the form of a mobile version on my iPhone 6-plus. This game was MADE for mobile gaming. And it's awesome.

Also, on the topic of modding, I'd sell one of my nuts for a PSX language mod of the Japanese version of Tenchu 1. The Japanese version had a level editor that the American release did not, and I also think that the original Tenchu for the PSX is a classic game.